First Name
Dominic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Powerwagon
Occupation
Chief Engineer
I'm sure this has been discussed thoroughly, but I'm having no luck finding it with the search function. Can somebody post a link? Also, what do you think, guys, about this blog post?

I'm really wondering about the difference in synthetics. Is Royal Purple worth the price compared to the others?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Do not overthink it. Pick any brand 0W-20 that carries the MS-6395 spec and you will be fine. Does not matter what you pick, somebody will be along to say it is a wrong decision or that their favorite flavor is better.

As to oil filter, sticking with the OEM MOPAR one is a good bet but if not convenient, WIX, FRAM, Purolator makes a decent filter also. You really want to stay away from the Ebay or Chinese branded filters as you want somebody that is going to stand behind their product in the rare event a oil filter should fail. Sticking with the OEM MOPAR filter while in FCA warranty is one less hassle if you should get push back in the event of a oil filter failure.

Lastly, if you do your own maintenance, keep a written mileage log of what was done and when with receipt copies.

Alaska-HWY JK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Rubicon LJ 2007 JKU 2020 Rubicon Gladiator
4B7D7041-97E3-41F2-B29E-7985F22431F4.jpeg

The WIX I picked up was a bit longer. I wasn’t taking chances with Wifey’s new Jeep, I picked up a couple of Mopar elements. I run WIX in my JK and LJ.

Capt. B

First Name
Captain B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Galdiator, 2002 Jeep Wrangler 2DR Gobi Edition
Best is the free one you get with Jeep Wave.
Sponsored