Off Road Pages: Lat & Long Not Displaying

OP
OP

bigbeerdrinker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 JKU Sahara, 2014 Grand Cherokee Overland, 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Did you ever figure out if it was a geographical issue @bigbeerdrinker? I just got my Rubicon and am having the same issue. Navigation works fine but the lat/long and altitude just stay blank. I'm a few hours east of DC.
I have not figured this one out yet. I was going to have the the dealer take a look when I get my oil changed in the next couple of months. Seems odd that it stops working.
Sponsored

KI9H

First Name
Rockland
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon, 2020 BMW Z4 M40i, 2019 Honda Foreman Rubicon
Occupation
retired engineer
Might be geographical. I was in Dallas and the lat/long worked until I got back within 100 miles or so of Houston and then it stopped again. Didn't seem to matter if I was using the Nav screens or not.
Not geographical. I bought a new JT Rubi yesterday. The same issue occurs in Orlando Florida and surrounding areas.

VVRRRMM

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator LE Granite Crystal
I have the same problem from brand new, good news is I haven't had to go to the dealer for anything else so I am waiting to bring it up, mine only works on this 1 mile section of road only and I am in SF Bay Area.

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
I have the same problem from brand new, good news is I haven't had to go to the dealer for anything else so I am waiting to bring it up, mine only works on this 1 mile section of road only and I am in SF Bay Area.
Hi, I'm sorry to hear this. Please let me know when you plan on visiting a dealership for this concern. I would be happy to open a case for you.

Alison
JeepCares

Sponsored

rafaelsmith

First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Software Engineer
Mine works in the parking lot at work. Nowhere else I go. Very odd. Thou not worth dealing with dealer unless I have to take truck in for something else.

K9MC

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SOLD 2020 Gladiator Rubicon after 2 yrs
After reading this post/topic, I took mine out just now for about an hour. I managed to see the data populate the screen only once and for a short period of time as I left my house. I stopped and started the engine a couple of times (gas station; post office) and the data never came back. I even unplugged my cell phone from the USB port to rule out issues with CarPlay, etc.

rafaelsmith

First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Software Engineer
After reading this post/topic, I took mine out just now for about an hour. I managed to see the data populate the screen only once and for a short period of time as I left my house. I stopped and started the engine a couple of times (gas station; post office) and the data never came back. I even unplugged my cell phone from the USB port to rule out issues with CarPlay, etc.
Seems like pretty universal problem.

Usbuilt

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Retired
Just came across this old thread. Anybody find a solution? I have had my truck a year and only seen it populate one time. It does show lat and long in navigation.

LaterGator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Gladiator
Mine started working after a uconnect update in February.

Or just move to a higher altitude.
Sponsored