Sponsored

Installed Magnaflow Crawler exhaust today....

OP
OP
Flexin

Flexin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon AKA 'Sky Walker'
do we have any performance gains from this setup? I saw @MotoBrad impressions - thanks. Any documentation? Looking for a bit more pep... Ace is on my list too.
I can’t say there was a with the Magna flow setup. And I would assume if there was a performance gain they would advertise this, and I can’t find any literature.
Sponsored

cecaa850

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator 2019 Porsche Macan S 2018 BMW M2
Anyone have a photo of the factory muffler? Not the rear resonator. Also, do you guys know the diameter of the factory exhaust pipe? Thinking of deleting the resonator and replacing the muffler with a flow-through Magnaflow.
I actually just did that. I took the 2 mufflers out from under the center of the vehicle and had them replaced with a single Magnaflow muffler. I left the rear resonator on. Actually the muffler shop did this for me. It sounded fantastic BUT I had a drone centered around 2000 rpm. I brought it back today and had a 33" J pipe installed before the muffler and now it's perfect. Great tone, not obnoxiously loud and drone free. Total for both visits was around $260.00. Factory pipe is 2.5" I believe.

cecaa850

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So while i enjoy this around town, first highway trip had annoying drone 2000-2500 rpm, keep outside of that and was tolerable. Ordered the magnaflow street side exit today. If i wanted to keep playing with it i would leave that first resonator in to see if that's how they deal with drone from factory? I would recommend not doing what i did lol, luckly it's not too expensive a lesson to learn. By what i'm reading here i'll be happy with the magnaflow. And note: i run hardtop without any of the soft panels under it, a soft top may not be quite the tin can for sound? Maybe those panels would eat some of it too?

Put a 33" J pipe on the engine side of the muffler.

Doolin64

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Audi A4
I actually just did that. I took the 2 mufflers out from under the center of the vehicle and had them replaced with a single Magnaflow muffler. I left the rear resonator on. Actually the muffler shop did this for me. It sounded fantastic BUT I had a drone centered around 2000 rpm. I brought it back today and had a 33" J pipe installed before the muffler and now it's perfect. Great tone, not obnoxiously loud and drone free. Total for both visits was around $260.00. Factory pipe is 2.5" I believe.
Could you post a picture with the J pipe?

cecaa850

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The length will vary depending on what RPM your drone is the loudest. Mine was 2000 rpm.

20200317_111259.jpg

Sponsored

Jt-wrx

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 sport s 6spd
Ya that drone is actually painful, that would be why the first resonator is there ahead of the muffler would be my guess? If do over i'd leave that first one in and the muffler and delete the tail resonator first to see what i thought. It's 2.5" i believe for the guy who asked that. Then maybe go to a 2 baffle muffler instead of the factory 3 baffle if not enough? The magnaflow street series side exit i did is at the limit of what i'd want, there's no drone. It uses one pretty big 2 baffle muffler and then goes 3" from the out the tail pipe, 2.5" into the muffler.

The drone was awful at 2000 under load and all the way to almost 2500. I'm quite a bit of time on the magnaflow now and very happy with it. Wish it sounded more like an ls or a inline turbo diesel but a high performance v6 is just that. So it's a racy sounding jeep, that's all ya can hope for really. ;)

cecaa850

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
For some reason the parts catalog calls both items under the vehicle "mufflers" and the one all the way at the rear a resonator. I have no idea why. My drone was from 2000 to about 2300 rpms. The j pipe absolutely killed it. It now has a constant volume at every rpm and only gets louder at any rpm with more throttle as it should. It's a nice mellow tone.

OP
OP
Flexin

Flexin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon AKA 'Sky Walker'
Stay tuned, ACE Exhaust installed and running around this weekend. Will post comparison video, as soon as I work on my video editing skills lol...

Jt-wrx

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 sport s 6spd
bout 10,000 kms on my truck now, happy with the magnaflow street side exit, i think about 8000 kms with it now, was at a light the other day with my kids and a young guy in a souped up infinity g35 coupe and modified exhaust was revving things up, we revved back and laughed our butts off as we sound pretty much the same, pretty sure most of the intersection was laughing, then we turned up the 2000w of stereo for the win ;)