Sponsored

Lets see all those Gladiators with lifts and bigger tires!

DMC1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon 2020 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Professional
What color red is used on the wheel rings?

Sponsored

NachoJLR

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
2020 Gladiator Sport S with Max Tow Package:
  • Rubicon OEM shocks, springs, and painted fenders
  • 2" Rubicon Express Level Kit
  • 38x13.50R17 Patagonia MT Tires
  • Dirty Life Roadkill Beadlock Wheels
IMG_5647.jpg
IMG_5648.jpg
IMG_5649.jpg
IMG_5650.jpg
IMG_5653.jpg
IMG_5654.jpg
IMG_5664.jpg

Are you still on the stock 4:10s?

Sponsored

Foxtail

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport 2012 JEEP Wrangler Unlimited
Are you still on the stock 4:10s?
So you have a Sport S with Max Tow and painted fenders? Are those someones Rubicon fenders you have on there? Only reason I'm asking is because Max Tow fenders on a Sport S sit about an inch below the hood line and Rubicon fenders sit right at the hood line which yours looks like they are doing. Correct me if I'm wrong.

kickingaz

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon Diesel, 2018 Rubicon JLU
Occupation
Owner - New River Offroad
You are correct Foxtail. I bought a fairly basic Sport S with the Max Tow Group (plus 7" radio, convenience group, roll-up tonneau cover and spray-in bed liner) with the idea that I have good axles and I can build the rest. First mod was Rubicon shocks and springs and I got these over a month before I got the Gladiator as I was "considering" selling my 2014 Rubicon X JKU I bought new. I got these from Doetsch Off-Road from one of their builds as new takeoffs. Second mod was the Rubicon painted fenders with LED lights, also from Doetsch Off-Road. Then I added the Rubicon Express 2" Level Kit and the 12.50 x 38 R17 Patagonia MT tires and the Dirty Life Roadkill beadlock wheels. I also picked up the Rubicon Rock Rails and factory LED fog lamps from Doetsch Off-Road. Then I added a Crawler Conceptz bumper and skid plate and Warn winch from Arizona Offroad Professionals, and had the dealer install the Katzkin leather interior. We generally do all our own work on our Jeeps, but today the JT is at Cutting Edge 4x4 getting the Synergy Sector Shaft Brace put on. Next step is to install the VIAIR Dual 444C air system I purchased for lockers, air up tires, and run air tools. Then put on the K&N Air Intake that is in the garage and the LED headlights when they arrive next Wednesday. I am looking for skid plates and hope to have a Rubicon OEM steel rear bumper soon. O|||||||O

Foxtail

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You are correct Foxtail. I bought a fairly basic Sport S with the Max Tow Group (plus 7" radio, convenience group, roll-up tonneau cover and spray-in bed liner) with the idea that I have good axles and I can build the rest. First mod was Rubicon shocks and springs and I got these over a month before I got the Gladiator as I was "considering" selling my 2014 Rubicon X JKU I bought new. I got these from Doetsch Off-Road from one of their builds as new takeoffs. Second mod was the Rubicon painted fenders with LED lights, also from Doetsch Off-Road. Then I added the Rubicon Express 2" Level Kit and the 12.50 x 38 R17 Patagonia MT tires and the Dirty Life Roadkill beadlock wheels. I also picked up the Rubicon Rock Rails and factory LED fog lamps from Doetsch Off-Road. Then I added a Crawler Conceptz bumper and skid plate and Warn winch from Arizona Offroad Professionals, and had the dealer install the Katzkin leather interior. We generally do all our own work on our Jeeps, but today the JT is at Cutting Edge 4x4 getting the Synergy Sector Shaft Brace put on. Next step is to install the VIAIR Dual 444C air system I purchased for lockers, air up tires, and run air tools. Then put on the K&N Air Intake that is in the garage and the LED headlights when they arrive next Wednesday. I am looking for skid plates and hope to have a Rubicon OEM steel rear bumper soon. O|||||||O
Dang, you have done a lot of very nice mods to that rig. Just a crazy question, after doing all of these mods do you think you would have come out a bit less out of pocket buying a cheaper Rubicon and then started adding to it? Only asking because I'm on the fence as far as buying the Max Tow on a Sport S, or going the cheaper Rubicon route. I'm constantly going back and forth with my decision.

kickingaz

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon Diesel, 2018 Rubicon JLU
Occupation
Owner - New River Offroad
For me it was cheaper this way and I can pick my own components. Most of this was done the first 30 days I owned it as I too delivery February 1st. I would have spent the same amount on wheels and tires either way, and that was the most expensive add. Rubicon fenders, suspension, rock rails and fog lamps were under $1,000. I am fortunate to have a builder locally where I can source some of these parts from, and he has treated me right (thanks Dave Doetsch at Doetsch Off-Road). There were no rebates on the Rubicon Gladiators vs. the $2,000 rebate I got when I bought. To answer your question, for comparison sake I just built a Rubicon to the specs I have now and its MSRP is $53,400, that is $8,225 more than my Max Tow Sport S. I would still have to add tires and wheels, front bumper, winch etc. to make these equal, but also have to add lockers to the Sport S. I believe I can get the ARB air lockers for about the price of 5 beadlock wheels and 5 38x13.50R17 tires. All of my mods to date (including the Katzkin leather) have cost about $8,000 and just the sticker price difference is $8,225 plus the $2,000 in rebates. Also, I find that the dealers aren't generally as likely to deal on the Rubicons as on the Sports here as the Rubicons are the more specific model. Finally, I enjoy the "journey" of building the Jeep and seeing it transform from stock to rock ready. Not everyone has the sources for parts that I do, but in my case, I am ahead doing it this way.

Foxtail

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
For me it was cheaper this way and I can pick my own components. Most of this was done the first 30 days I owned it as I too delivery February 1st. I would have spent the same amount on wheels and tires either way, and that was the most expensive add. Rubicon fenders, suspension, rock rails and fog lamps were under $1,000. I am fortunate to have a builder locally where I can source some of these parts from, and he has treated me right (thanks Dave Doetsch at Doetsch Off-Road). There were no rebates on the Rubicon Gladiators vs. the $2,000 rebate I got when I bought. To answer your question, for comparison sake I just built a Rubicon to the specs I have now and its MSRP is $53,400, that is $8,225 more than my Max Tow Sport S. I would still have to add tires and wheels, front bumper, winch etc. to make these equal, but also have to add lockers to the Sport S. I believe I can get the ARB air lockers for about the price of 5 beadlock wheels and 5 38x13.50R17 tires. All of my mods to date (including the Katzkin leather) have cost about $8,000 and just the sticker price difference is $8,225 plus the $2,000 in rebates. Also, I find that the dealers aren't generally as likely to deal on the Rubicons as on the Sports here as the Rubicons are the more specific model. Finally, I enjoy the "journey" of building the Jeep and seeing it transform from stock to rock ready. Not everyone has the sources for parts that I do, but in my case, I am ahead doing it this way.
Sponsored