Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting-Gray Sport S Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager
I’m not seeing it the same as you:

5AE8F7C2-1D5A-4FFA-8062-B54906E297D9.png
I question if my dog can get through there, no way in hell are me or my wife squeezing through that window. That picture alone is why I'm still hoping its a rendering. How is that tiny hole usable for anything other than ventilation.

Edit: Ventilation OR tossing beer cans through.
Sponsored

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2017 JKU, 2022 JTRD ordered.
I question if my dog can get through there, no way in hell are me or my wife squeezing through that window. That picture alone is why I'm still hoping its a rendering. How is that tiny hole usable for anything other than ventilation.
It's just for tossing beer cans into the bed.

Ark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bicycle :)
It's just for tossing beer cans into the bed.
Following the context of this thread, I was referring to a pass-through created by removing the entire pane of glass, not the tiny window in the middle. The total window area would make for a nice pass through. Look at the pass-through in post 27 where they removed all the glass. Do the same thing with a Gladiator and you've got a larger opening.

OP
OP
camodog

camodog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Reviving my old thread instead of creating a new one or reading 60+ pages of other threads.

Does anyone have any new info on AT or similar slide in wedges for the JT Gladiator?

eternus

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager
Reviving my old thread instead of creating a new one or reading 60+ pages of other threads.

Does anyone have any new info on AT or similar slide in wedges for the JT Gladiator?
Ursa hasn't said anything new past the statement (its the last bullet point on the J30 page) that they would be creating something for the Gladiator. I'm expecting them to just make the flip over style tent, rather than a wedge so I'm not that excited about it. The best thing I've seen is the GoFastCamper (get on a waiting list now for a December 2020 delivery) or Vagabond Drifter. I did come across a thread on the Tacoma forum yesterday, someone made their own GoFastCamper and it is legit. I bookmarked it to consider doing this myself if push comes to shove. One last option I recently saw is the AluCab Canopy Camper but they haven't announced a Gladiator version yet.

Sponsored

OP
OP
camodog

camodog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the info! I am glad someone else is also watching for the latest.
I was interested in the alu-cab canopy but not a fan of losing the tailgate.
GFC is nice but that wait time....
And the vagabond rear window afterthought kills for the aesthetics (have to keep wife happy)

I really want the Khaya, but I don’t want the overhang because our short bed and I want the kitchen and awning to all be on the passenger side.

Keep this thread updated as you find more please. I do appreciate the response and feedback and would like to keep a dialogue going on this subject

OP
OP
camodog

camodog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ps- I saw the Tacoma homemade GFC in person and was impressed for a home build. I asked the owner to make another and he said NFW!

eternus

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager
Ps- I saw the Tacoma homemade GFC in person and was impressed for a home build. I asked the owner to make another and he said NFW!
There are some good posts in your Expedition Overland post so I check in on that every couple of weeks. I agree with not wanting to lose the tailgate, I also want a way to pass through from the cab into the back, so the DIY GFC is sort of appealing. The one nice thing about waiting to order my JT is that it gives everyone a chance to solve the problems I already see. (c:

EDIT: Also... I just scrolled back through this thread, man it's old, and i see that I'm not saying anything new here. )c:

ElCoyote

First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKU, Ram 2500
Some news here before we go fully public about it. In case you missed it, we built prototype Habitat for the Gladiator a few months back just to prove it out. We made some design changes to straighten up the back end in line with the tail gate and the first production Summit unit that uses the same lower component is now being built. I'll have some pictures of this in the coming week. We are producing the Summit for the Maxtrax show truck that will featured at SEMA as well as the 1st production Gladiator Habitat for TSW Alloys for their SEMA show truck. We have 10 lower units available in the first production batch for either a Habitat or Summit configuration. Our lead time is 9-10 weeks. Drop me a line at [email protected] if you want to be included in the first round.

Gladiator Habitat.jpg

Sponsored

Beowulf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
I saw an instagram post by Ursa mentioning something like the JL's Ursa Minor top for the JT bed was next on their list of new products.

Has the group heard any rumors, or know more about this?

DiscoDino

First Name
Nadim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator, 1991 Land Rover Defender, 1983 Land Rover Defender, 2015 Mercedes G Wagon
If they would do a JT180 tent to replace the top above the 5 seats and fold FORWARD above the hood with access from the rear seats or from a ladder on the front bumper (or in front of it) would be AWESOME...

Keeps our bed free for whatever we want, and keeps the COG low...(ish)

jurfie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Granite Crystal Metallic JKR; 2016 Daytona Grey Audi A5 Competition Package
If they would do a JT180 tent to replace the top above the 5 seats and fold FORWARD above the hood with access from the rear seats or from a ladder on the front bumper (or in front of it) would be AWESOME...

Keeps our bed free for whatever we want, and keeps the COG low...(ish)
Now THAT is a great idea! :like:

DiscoDino

First Name
Nadim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator, 1991 Land Rover Defender, 1983 Land Rover Defender, 2015 Mercedes G Wagon
Now THAT is a great idea! :like:
Thanks! I've been posting on various places this idea in the hopes that it catches on...also, must be the cheapest 180 tent they produce because it would be the smallest footprint, but allow for at least two to sleep (length would be 50-55" of the hardtop, x2 over the hood...so 100" of length and the width of the vehicle...in a pinch you can sleep a large dog at one end or have two young kids sleep with "feet in the center"...)

ElCoyote

First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKU, Ram 2500
We now have 3 topper options for the Gladiator: Atlas which pops straight up, Habitat which flips over rearward and the Summit front hinged wedge style. If you're a 3 season camper and need to sleep lots of people, the Habitat works well. If you're a hard core 4 season camper and need to carry gear on your roof like kayaks etc, the Summit is the best solution. If you simply want a smallest footprint 4 season camper with the most room the go with an Atlas.

DSC_0343.JPG

DSC_0689.JPG

DSC_0507.JPG
Sponsored