USB in the back of the center console

JRobes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S Max Tow, 2004 WJ Overland
Occupation
Enginerd
So I have a Sport-S Max tow, and I DO have the usb in the back. I also do have the convenience package (and most of the others also, so not sure which one added that).
So you're saying you have a max tow and what's shown in this image? You must have a unicorn Sport S then.
Sponsored

Reactions: jlg

Hockeypilot44

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Jeep Wrangler
So you're saying you have a max tow and what's shown in this image? You must have a unicorn Sport S then.
I just got my window sticker. I expect to have that in my sport s when I get it. Based on the window sticker, it looks like it is part of the 8.4" radio package.

The 8.4" radio is rare in a sport unless custom ordered. Might be the confusion.

BOONEDOG

First Name
Boone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S, Gator, Max Tow Package, Uconnect 3 with 5" screen, Alpine Premium Audio, Hothead Liners, Freedom 3 Piece Roof, Cargo Group Package with Trail Rail
Occupation
Retired
I just got my window sticker. I expect to have that in my sport s when I get it. Based on the window sticker, it looks like it is part of the 8.4" radio package.

The 8.4" radio is rare in a sport unless custom ordered. Might be the confusion.
My Sport S with Max Tow, Uconnect 3 with 5" Screen, Cargo Management has the 2 USB Ports in passenger area. So it doesn't look like it's only on the 8.4" Radio Package.

jlg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport-S Max Tow, Punkin Metallic
Yes, that is what I have and YES I have the 8.4 radio and premium audio group. ON the sticker, the "Dual Remote USB Port - charge ONLY" is listed BUT, I actually plug a usb drive there and it is recognized as a music source.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Knobbtytyre

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Titan
Holy inconsistencies Batman, I am more lost now than when I started. When I asked the salesman he just looked at me with a blank stare

JCJeep1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ 37" MT Long Arm 2004 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins 2020 StingGrey Gladiator Sport S Tow
Vehicle Showcase
I am lost also on this - I have the Max Tow, I have the convenience option and 7" - I do not have a usb port on the back of my center console for back seat passenger use.

JRobes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Enginerd
I wonder if it is just the cargo management group that gets you the rear center console 115v/usb ports then, and not any specific version of the u-connect or convenience group.

Gatorized

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘06 CRV, ‘14 Mazda3, ‘20 JTR (Gator)
Perhaps it is on any version with the inverter in the back seat console? Don’t need the inverter in the bed to get it in the back seat.

Sponsored

JRobes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Enginerd
Perhaps it is on any version with the inverter in the back seat console? Don’t need the inverter in the bed to get it in the back seat.
I think both the center console and bed outlet wires both go to the inverter in the driver dash though, the owners manual says both outlets share the 400W power supply. That's what's making me think the cargo management package just gets you both outlet locations.

JCJeep1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ 37" MT Long Arm 2004 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins 2020 StingGrey Gladiator Sport S Tow
Vehicle Showcase
I think both the center console and bed outlet wires both go to the inverter in the driver dash though, the owners manual says both outlets share the 400W power supply. That's what's making me think the cargo management package just gets you both outlet locations.
Ah but I have the cargo management system and don't have the USB -

Probably related to the LED Lights or something arbitrary like that.

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
That's interesting cause when I looked at them at the car show earlier this year the only version that had in the back was the fully loaded Rubicon they had on display. Neither the Sport S or the Overland had the plugs in the back and was telling my wife well that is not good no plugs in the back. Seems like that would be standard on any model in today's world of everyone wanting to be wired in

jlg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport-S Max Tow, Punkin Metallic
So, on my sicker the Dual Remote USB Port is listed under teh 8.4" and Premium Audio Group...