Kristopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
~ 2020 Punk'n Metallic Rubicon JT ~ 2019 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack ~
Occupation
Director of IT
Vehicle Showcase
I see now on the Jeep build feature on the website, it says zoom not available with uconnect 8.4 and manual transmission configuration. It never said that before, so FCA must know.
That is strange, I have 8.4 uconnect and a manual, and my zoom works as far as I remember. I verify later.
Sponsored

mcwayne18

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
That is strange, I have 8.4 uconnect and a manual, and my zoom works as far as I remember. I verify later.
A ton of people on here have reported issues if you look through the history of this thread. I think people who purchased the front trail cam were ok with the trailer zoom, though. Either way, FCA had an unanticipated glitch I would suspect, and chose to delete the option. Wondering if the rest of us get refunds for the $250 option.

KAT$JT

First Name
Kristopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
~ 2020 Punk'n Metallic Rubicon JT ~ 2019 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack ~
Occupation
Director of IT
Vehicle Showcase
A ton of people on here have reported issues if you look through the history of this thread. I think people who purchased the front trail cam were ok with the trailer zoom, though. Either way, FCA had an unanticipated glitch I would suspect, and chose to delete the option. Wondering if the rest of us get refunds for the $250 option.
I do have the trail cam, so that sounds plausible.

mcwayne18

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If none of us get any resolution on this issue, maybe a class action against FCAfor our $250 option we paid for and didn't get would be feasible.

OP
OP
elarse1

elarse1

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Engineer
I've got an Overland and I'm pretty sure that the Trailer Hitch Zoom function is supposed to come with it. Sometimes, the + button is there on the camera display, but it just beeps softly at me; other times, the magnifying glass changes to a grayed-out minus sign. When I took test drives earlier this year, most dealers were having trouble getting it to work. Is this something they need to enable when setting up the vehicle?
Update: I just had the radio flashed for a recall had something to do with the backup camera, and now the trailer hitch zoom works on my MT! It doesn't work all of the time, sometimes the magnifying glass has a - sign on it, but whe there's a + sign, it now gives a big zoom-in! I can get it to work while I'm stopped in reverse (with my foot on the clutch) or from the Controls menu. Yay!

Sponsored

HTXGladiator

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2014 HD XL1200X
Vehicle Showcase
Update: I just had the radio flashed for a recall had something to do with the backup camera, and now the trailer hitch zoom works on my MT! It doesn't work all of the time, sometimes the magnifying glass has a - sign on it, but whe there's a + sign, it now gives a big zoom-in! I can get it to work while I'm stopped in reverse (with my foot on the clutch) or from the Controls menu. Yay!
Same!

OP
OP
elarse1

elarse1

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Engineer
I see all 3 of us are Rubicons as well....all of us have the 8.4 screen? Software issue for the manual sounds very possible.
Mine's an Overland manual, but it works about 50% of the time. When it first starts up in the garage, it works 0% of the time (even with the + symbol working; sometimes I get the - symbol), but it the parking lot outside, it works almost 100% of the time. Very odd.

DreamedofaJeepSomeday

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland 6-speed. 2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4x4, gave to daughter w/350K miles
Occupation
Civil Engineer
Mine's an Overland manual, but it works about 50% of the time. When it first starts up in the garage, it works 0% of the time (even with the + symbol working; sometimes I get the - symbol), but it the parking lot outside, it works almost 100% of the time. Very odd.
I have an Overland with MT and 7" radio; I've had it now for four weeks. The Trailer Hitch Zoom worked when I got the truck, and every time I did it, until today: not working.

fun2drum

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Mine (Sport S with tow) works fine as of 3,000 miles. I hope I didn't just jinx it.

DreamedofaJeepSomeday

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland 6-speed. 2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4x4, gave to daughter w/350K miles
Occupation
Civil Engineer
I have an Overland with MT and 7" radio; I've had it now for four weeks. The Trailer Hitch Zoom worked when I got the truck, and every time I did it, until today: not working.
I wrote that on Monday. Tuesday it spontaneously started working again.

I wonder if it is a bug, or there are certain conditions that disable it?

Sponsored

OP
OP
elarse1

elarse1

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Engineer
I wrote that on Monday. Tuesday it spontaneously started working again.

I wonder if it is a bug, or there are certain conditions that disable it?
I haven't been able to figure out a reason it works or doesn't. However, it NEVER works the first time I start it up in the garage. But every time after that, it does work. I have no idea why that would make a difference.

Hoghead

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2dr. JL....2017 Nissan 4x4 Pro4X.....2020 Jeep Gladiator....2019 Toyota Highlander AWD
Occupation
Owner....Freeman Tire Co. Inc.
I've got an Overland and I'm pretty sure that the Trailer Hitch Zoom function is supposed to come with it. Sometimes, the + button is there on the camera display, but it just beeps softly at me; other times, the magnifying glass changes to a grayed-out minus sign. When I took test drives earlier this year, most dealers were having trouble getting it to work. Is this something they need to enable when setting up the vehicle?
I just checked mine and it is an Automatic but when pressing and holding the button nothing happens. Tap it once and it will zoom to a certain level and then it's all done but mine does work by tapping it.....

OP
OP
elarse1

elarse1

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Engineer
I just checked mine and it is an Automatic but when pressing and holding the button nothing happens. Tap it once and it will zoom to a certain level and then it's all done but mine does work by tapping it.....
Mine started working (though not all the time) after the dealer flashed the radio for some other service bulletin, though I have a manual. I think it's supposed to come with any of the tow packages.

flybear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
79 CJ-7, 20 JT
Just stumbled onto this thread...... I also have a manual in a Sport S with an unreliable zoom function. Probably about 50/50 chance of it working correctly, and I have not yet figured out if there are certain parameters that will determine whether it will work or not. I have been able to shut off the engine, re-start it, and the zoom will then work. Very frustrating. This thread seems to have gone quiet, has anyone had any luck getting their zoom to work reliably?

mcwayne18

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just stumbled onto this thread...... I also have a manual in a Sport S with an unreliable zoom function. Probably about 50/50 chance of it working correctly, and I have not yet figured out if there are certain parameters that will determine whether it will work or not. I have been able to shut off the engine, re-start it, and the zoom will then work. Very frustrating. This thread seems to have gone quiet, has anyone had any luck getting their zoom to work reliably?
I've had it looked at whenever it's been in for inspection, recall, etc. Bottom line, it's never worked correctly.
Sponsored