First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT OE, 2016 Polaris Slingshot, 2012 Kia Sportage, 2018 Nissan LEAF
Occupation
Linux Engineer
That's not that much overhang but I do hear you. Our SkyLux Bantam RTT (2-person) currently comes with the exact same accessories and features - it would fit perfectly. You'll lose some space if you have a need for it, but is space vs a little overhang. Our RTTs provide more capability, features, and setup flexibility for your money.

Also, we haven't promoted it yet but we're also offering a ruggedized matte black hardshell. We're offering a free upgrade to existing customers and those that order before April 1.

You can reach out directly if you have any other questions 1-888-585-1245 or [email protected]

20200226_223244.jpg
I wish the 2 person would work...Looking for enough room for myself, my wife, and at least 1 kiddo.
Sponsored

TylereWithAnE

First Name
Tylere
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
That's not that much overhang but I do hear you. Our SkyLux Bantam RTT (2-person) currently comes with the exact same accessories and features - it would fit perfectly. You'll lose some space if you have a need for it, but is space vs a little overhang. Our RTTs provide more capability, features, and setup flexibility for your money.

Also, we haven't promoted it yet but we're also offering a ruggedized matte black hardshell. We're offering a free upgrade to existing customers and those that order before April 1.

You can reach out directly if you have any other questions 1-888-585-1245 or [email protected]

20200226_223244.jpg
How much will the upgrade be after April 1?

And also I wish that was my shop I have a sweet Job.

jurfie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Granite Crystal Metallic JKR; 2016 Daytona Grey Audi A5 Competition Package
Can one of the mods (like @Oscar Indy) split this thread into a new one for the Torro? At post #27 it got derailed away from the Roofnest Condor, which is disappointing. Sure wish vendors would just start their own threads rather than hijack someone else’s. :no:

Torro-Offroad

First Name
Torro Offroad
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.torro-offroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 WK2
Can one of the mods (like @Oscar Indy) split this thread into a new one for the Torro? At post #27 it got derailed away from the Roofnest Condor, which is disappointing. Sure wish vendors would just start their own threads rather than hijack someone else’s. :no:
Very good point. It was not my intent to hijack anyone's thread. :( I will start a separate thread. :beer:

Sponsored

MotoBrad

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Subaru STi, 2001 BMW M5, 2014 Yamaha WR250R, 2010 BMW R1200R,
Occupation
Heavy Duty Mechanic
I was initially pretty sold on the Skycamp 4x. I'm totally okay with it sticking out the back a foot plus, I just see it as covered kitchen/tailgate space lol. And eventually I want a swing out tire behind the tailgate anyways. My plan is to run the soft top, so I can't have any tent sticking out into the jeep's roof area, its all going to stay in the bed on top of an RLD canopy.
But the extra height of the Roof Nest is extremely appealing, as is the thicker mattress, excellent reviews, and much lower price point.
The Skycamp base looks thicker and easier to mount but I'm not sure...

FB_IMG_1588842250460.jpg

Torro-Offroad

First Name
Torro Offroad
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.torro-offroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 WK2
Dude... I tried to revive this thread about Roofnest vs. IKamper. You were JUST asked to start your own thread and to stop thread jacking, and you even explained that you understood, yet here we are again.

Yes, I had considered your product, but the answer now after witnessing your etiquette is absolutely not.

I had someone running this account for me previously, so I may have missed it. I wasn't aware of your request. Either way that's on me. I'll delete my previous post. Sound fair?

medici

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
OK, tent came today!

Jeep Gladiator Roofnest Condor Roof top tent FB_IMG_1588842250460

Rack/rails installed

Brackets fit really well

Fits great and is nice and low profile

Open

Interior

Ill let you all know how it goes once I use it more but so far it is really nice!

Gimme a shout if you have any questions

-Daniel
Hi Daniel, thanks so much for posting this.

Do you know which brand of top rails you have installed above your truck bed? They are exactly the height I am looking for to mount my Roofnest.

MotoBrad

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Heavy Duty Mechanic
We love our roofnest Condor XL. It does stick out the back of the truck a little, but not any farther than my trailer hitch drop ball mount. But that does provide nice cover for the tailgate area from rain and stuff! We have tested it in hard-core rain and wind, it has been flawless. Super fun and cool.

The only thing we don't like about this tent, and all folding hard clam shells, is the mattress is quite thin, firm, and uncomfortable. If you're used to a very nice pillow top bed at home like we are, then this will be a big problem for you. Regular condors can put in an Exped Megamat, and then theyre set, it fits just about perfect. But for our big XL, we haven't found a good mattress solution. Hoping exped or some other brand will make a nice high quality king size mattress! For now we just out a crappy old queen size air mattress inside and we sleep great.

20200919_160023.jpg

20200918_183342.jpg

20200916_130621.jpg

20200915_111359.jpg

jurfie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Granite Crystal Metallic JKR; 2016 Daytona Grey Audi A5 Competition Package
Threadjack!

My MIL used to live in Winter Harbour! I drove that road from Port Hardy many times; once in a ‘90 CRX! She’s since moved back to the mainland, but I’ve been wanting to get up there again.

Did you make it to Grant Bay? There is an FSR and trail to it now, but it was boat access only back when we frequented the area. We had to take a boat into the inlet behind it, then take the tender in deeper and then hike the rest of the way. We were the only ones on that expanse of white sand beach, and it was so worth it!

/Threadjack

Sponsored

MotoBrad

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Heavy Duty Mechanic
Threadjack!

My MIL used to live in Winter Harbour! I drove that road from Port Hardy many times; once in a ‘90 CRX! She’s since moved back to the mainland, but I’ve been wanting to get up there again.

Did you make it to Grant Bay? There is an FSR and trail to it now, but it was boat access only back when we frequented the area. We had to take a boat into the inlet behind it, then take the tender in deeper and then hike the rest of the way. We were the only ones on that expanse of white sand beach, and it was so worth it!

/Threadjack
Yessir! We made it to the beach, and a bunch of locals from Holberg were doing a beach cleanup! Apparently lots of stuff from Japan lands there, it was amazing the amount of junk that got pulled off the beach! Fantastic place, and the surrounding area is absolutely wild. We are from Victoria but have fallen in love with North Island.

RedRaptorJT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR Launch Edition
We love our roofnest Condor XL.
Looks great! How were you able to secure one from Roofnest being in Canada? When I inquired earlier this month, they told me they don't have a Canadian distributor yet and that its in the works for 2021.

Since the border is closed to non essential travel, I'm not able to drive over the border to acquire one.

jurfie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yessir! We made it to the beach, and a bunch of locals from Holberg were doing a beach cleanup! Apparently lots of stuff from Japan lands there, it was amazing the amount of junk that got pulled off the beach! Fantastic place, and the surrounding area is absolutely wild. We are from Victoria but have fallen in love with North Island.
Sweet! Ya, my MIL has a huge collection of glass balls the Japanese fishermen use as net floats. She collected them from that beach; all different sizes from baseball-sized to one the size of a basketball; she even has some rolling-pin shaped ones. My wife and I found a few over the years as well; they make neat conversation pieces.

s-l400.jpg

Some information for the curious: https://www.beachcombingmagazine.com/blogs/news/the-glass-floats

MotoBrad

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Heavy Duty Mechanic
Looks great! How were you able to secure one from Roofnest being in Canada? When I inquired earlier this month, they told me they don't have a Canadian distributor yet and that its in the works for 2021.

Since the border is closed to non essential travel, I'm not able to drive over the border to acquire one.
I live in Victoria BC, which makes it hard to pick up packages from the border, being on an island. So I use a broker called Seawings. They have a warehouse in Washington, and they pick up my packages and bring it to Victoria Airport. So there was about a hundred bucks extra in shipping, but then I had to pay canadian tax and duties, which was another $480 cdn. There are many such companies/brokers that exist on the border, I used to use mailboxes international when I lived in Vancouver. Its great for items that have "free shiping" in usa!

cgflyer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon MT, 2013 Ford Focus ST
Occupation
United States Coast Guard
Hey guys,

Its Corey, from Torro Offroad. I just thought you guys should know that the SkyLux and SkyLux Bantam (smaller version) come with the Annex Room, Awning, and Insulation (at no additional cost).

Please feel free to reach out if you have ANY questions.

*Yes, we launched last year, prior to many of the other companies selling similar products.

We offer a military discount and a discount for forum members.

v/r,

Corey J.
[email protected]
(888) 585-1245
https://www.torro-offroad.comJeep Gladiator Roofnest Condor Roof top tent {filename}
Jeep Gladiator Roofnest Condor Roof top tent {filename}
is your military discount on top of the forum discount?
Sponsored