(VIDEO) DIY Bed Rails for $60

milanpat

First Name
Milan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S

Hey guys, after seeing two threads for the DIY bed rails I decided to go ahead and document the process of making mine in a video. Let me know what you think, I also plan on making more videos for other mods so if you're interested, feel free to subscribe. Thanks!

Link to struts: https://www.acehardware.com/departm...al/boxes-fittings-and-conduit/conduit/3237690

Hardware used:
(12) M6 1.00 x 35mm
(12) M6 Fender Washers
Rustoleum Spray Bed Liner
Sponsored

Last edited:

Roguesalt

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Thought Provoker
Vehicle Showcase
nice

OP
OP

milanpat

First Name
Milan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Just a quick update..

I would recommend a different painting method than what I did. I had some of the paint come off pretty easily when I had my new tires loaded in the back of the bed, although it was a tire that was rubbing on the rail for about 20 miles.

MawkStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Wonder what it would cost to powder coat them?

Or how much stainless strut channel would be?

Geo Jeep

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Gladiator Sport S (Max Tow)
Occupation
Geologist
What kind of accessory hardware can you add to these? I like the DIY option but I don't know how universal the hardware is that attaches to this type of channel vs. some of the other DIY channel people are using vs. the Trail Rail system. I would like to have a lot of options for accessory hardware. Great work BTW.

Sponsored

OP
OP

milanpat

First Name
Milan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
What kind of accessory hardware can you add to these? I like the DIY option but I don't know how universal the hardware is that attaches to this type of channel vs. some of the other DIY channel people are using vs. the Trail Rail system. I would like to have a lot of options for accessory hardware. Great work BTW.
Thanks!

I am using channel nuts and various sized hardware for whatever I am mounting. You can find all kinds of hardware that is compatible with these type of struts. Here is an example: https://www.mcmaster.com/strut-channel-systems/strut-channel-nuts-with-springs/

fyrefight

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiaor Willys Snazzberry
Occupation
Utility Operator
We use this stuff at work all the time. There's a ton of stuff to enable you to bolt to it.
https://www.google.com/search?q=str...no_4Cw&bih=1056&biw=2176&client=firefox-b-1-d

fyrefight

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiaor Willys Snazzberry
Occupation
Utility Operator

Hey guys, after seeing two threads for the DIY bed rails I decided to go ahead and document the process of making mine in a video. Let me know what you think, I also plan on making more videos for other mods so if you're interested, feel free to subscribe. Thanks!

Link to struts: https://www.acehardware.com/departm...al/boxes-fittings-and-conduit/conduit/3237690

Hardware used:
(12) M6 1.00 x 35mm
(12) M6 Fender Washers
Rustoleum Spray Bed Liner
What lengths did you cut the strut? Just curious.
Sponsored