Loose Steering?

Slalom

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
All I can say is I installed the synergy adjustable track bar & sector shaft/track bar bracket and it made a world of difference, well worth the $425 and my time to install. Should we have to do this to get our gladiators to handle better? maybe, maybe not. There is definitely some reduced/lag of motion in wheel input from center and if this is truly built into the steering for off-road purposes then so be it (after all this is an off-road vehicle) but I feel it’s very excessive for daily driving. Based on what the synergy track bar and bracket resolved in my steering my concern lies more with the flexing issues that were occurring and that should also be addressed. There always have been and always will be aftermarket companies that make products to resolve manufacturer oversight and I strongly recommend the synergy option in this case, I can’t imagine anyone being disappointed with the outcome
Do you have a lift?
Sponsored

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
Mine has been in more than four times (sorry you have the same problem). I was just told by Jeep Cares that mine drives as designed and that the older models will not drive the same. So I guess they are saying that they have designed the sloppy steering into this new platform as an innovation in jeep performance. So I guess we can all look forward to having to step out and lock our hubs for four wheel drive in the new models. They brought back the Gladiator name, I guess they are bringing back the CJ technology as well.
Hey now, the original doesn't have power steering and rolls sweetly down the road on bias ply tires. Awesomely. Don't be bringing your modern day computer assisted problems back in time! (Sorry about your steering) :rock:

Factoid

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator 2019 Porsche Cayenne 1964 Corvette
Occupation
Performance Coach
Anybody in Atlanta want to meet up and compare steering? It would be great to have one with poor steering, one with great steering and mine as a comparator. Anyone? Bueller?

Tire Guy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray Rubicon JT, 2017 BMW X5
Occupation
Sales Director Alloy Wheel Repair
Update on my JT. I have both the wandering and play in the steering. Two separate problems. Over the weekend I installed the Synergy track bar bracket and sector shaft brace. It stopped the wandering and the steering is much more precise. However, the play and steering dead spot is still there. I decided to adjust the steering box and have done so on other vehicles. However no matter what I did I could not get the set bolt loose. I heated a little, I heated a lot, I even put a socket and extension on it to be able to crank on it and it would not release. I was worried I would snap the head off. I will try again later but for now it is better, just not good. Too bad the steering play still makes it difficult to drive.

Sponsored

Gottype

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 1973 Bronco, 1972 C-10
Update on my JT. I have both the wandering and play in the steering. Two separate problems. Over the weekend I installed the Synergy track bar bracket and sector shaft brace. It stopped the wandering and the steering is much more precise. However, the play and steering dead spot is still there. I decided to adjust the steering box and have done so on other vehicles. However no matter what I did I could not get the set bolt loose. I heated a little, I heated a lot, I even put a socket and extension on it to be able to crank on it and it would not release. I was worried I would snap the head off. I will try again later but for now it is better, just not good. Too bad the steering play still makes it difficult to drive.
Did you ever get to adjust the steering box ? Thanks

Tire Guy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray Rubicon JT, 2017 BMW X5
Occupation
Sales Director Alloy Wheel Repair
Did you ever get to adjust the steering box ? Thanks
Been busy the last week. I'll try again this coming weekend. Just have to put on my big boy pants and CRANK IT. After suitable heating of course.

Wizzard005

First Name
CnG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Launch Edition Jeep Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
Been busy the last week. I'll try again this coming weekend. Just have to put on my big boy pants and CRANK IT. After suitable heating of course.
We also installed the Steering Brace, Wandering is gone, but a tiny bit of dead spot in the box still. Alot of you know we sue'd FCA and all that has been finished thank gosh. We cant tell everyone what happened, but i can say it was 100% worth it as now we have two :) .... Anyways, If anyone has steering problem like we did, The brace makes a world of a difference its not 100% but I will take the 80% better... we are going to post a video soon....

rborgers

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
We also installed the Steering Brace, Wandering is gone, but a tiny bit of dead spot in the box still. Alot of you know we sue'd FCA and all that has been finished thank gosh. We cant tell everyone what happened, but i can say it was 100% worth it as now we have two :) .... Anyways, If anyone has steering problem like we did, The brace makes a world of a difference its not 100% but I will take the 80% better... we are going to post a video soon....

Which brace did you install? I have been looking at the Superlift brace, to try and to deal with the wandering I am experiencing.

Wizzard005

First Name
CnG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

First Name
Dwayne Turner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Installed the sector shaft brace and the front trail camera from ZAutomative. Thanks mandatory isolation.

8442941B-325A-4C2A-8A26-B9C9E3364A06.jpeg

2C5B2732-4679-4AC6-9362-3046B9752324.jpeg

Wizzard005

First Name
CnG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Installed the sector shaft brace and the front trail camera from ZAutomative. Thanks mandatory isolation.

8442941B-325A-4C2A-8A26-B9C9E3364A06.jpeg

2C5B2732-4679-4AC6-9362-3046B9752324.jpeg
how did the trail cam go? strait forward?

Wizzard005

First Name
CnG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
This is how I adjusted my steering issue!
2020 JT ➡2020 F2

42E88E57-4E53-4C84-8FDC-D669BD872CC5.jpeg
Sir I like the way you think, We sue'd FCA and something white showed up in our driveway as well :)

IMG_0617.jpeg

Scrubb84

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Sir I like the way you think, We sue'd FCA and something white showed up in our driveway as well :)

IMG_0617.jpeg
Anyway you could elaborate on that statement? What was the suit was actually for, how it was worded? Im almost ready to do the same.
Sponsored