Westgate jeep

Hippieman

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saturn Vue, DeLorean, Chevy G Van
So I called Westgate Jeep today and gave them my build. When I told them another dealer will do 8% below invoice they said well we have 140 Gladiators on the lot we can’t order one and mark it off. Have to sell what we have... I said ok, thanks, I’ll keep looking.
Sponsored

whiteglad

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Mojave
OK but if they have 140 of them to sell, maybe you can get a good price on one. Surely one will be close to what you plan to order.

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
Just remember that Westgate pays every day to store those 140 trucks on their lot. Suggest you sit down with them face to face and try to work out a deal. Good chance they will have a truck or two in the color you like with the equipment you want. If one has something you don’t want then use that as a bargaining chip to get a much lower price on that truck. Doesn’t hurt, nothing to lose and you have everything to possibly gain.

OP
OP

Hippieman

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ok, so I think your'e missing the point. Everyone is talking about different dealers and the great deals they are offering. When I was at that dealership a couple days prior I spoke to the salesperson and he said we don't let price be a factor in losing a deal. I told him while I was there well if I was to spend 50,000 plus on a new vehicle I would only buy something I WANT and has the options I want. he said oh I understand, well we can order one too. So I sent him the build and they don't sound like they want to deal. Which is fine because they aren't the only dealer out there.
This was meant purely as information for anyone looking to purchase.

Sponsored

ZTMAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150, 2016 JKU WW
OP, what options/color are you looking for that is not available on the lots.

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
Gotcha. I’d just tell them that you take your money and business elsewhere and start heading out the door.

Ok, so I think your'e missing the point. Everyone is talking about different dealers and the great deals they are offering. When I was at that dealership a couple days prior I spoke to the salesperson and he said we don't let price be a factor in losing a deal. I told him while I was there well if I was to spend 50,000 plus on a new vehicle I would only buy something I WANT and has the options I want. he said oh I understand, well we can order one too. So I sent him the build and they don't sound like they want to deal. Which is fine because they aren't the only dealer out there.
This was meant purely as information for anyone looking to purchase.

OP
OP

Hippieman

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OP, what options/color are you looking for that is not available on the lots.
Its a combo of Color and options. Granite Grey Rubi, Color matched fenders, Black hard top, 8.4" radio, cold weather group, cargo management system, LED lighting, tow package, spray in bed liner, AUX switches.
Not too crazy of a build LOL.

OP
OP

Hippieman

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gotcha. I’d just tell them that you take your money and business elsewhere and start heading out the door.
Which is basically what I did, I told him Thank you but I will keep shopping. I'm not in a hurry. LOL

ZTMAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150, 2016 JKU WW
Its a combo of Color and options. Granite Grey Rubi, Color matched fenders, Black hard top, 8.4" radio, cold weather group, cargo management system, LED lighting, tow package, spray in bed liner, AUX switches.
Not too crazy of a build LOL.
Seems like you should be able to locate one with those options.

There is a GC Launch Edition around our area. Seems like that would check you boxes if you like the color matched hardtop

Sponsored

TRI-JAB

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Samson-'20 Gladiator,'07 BMW Z4,'22 BMW M340 xDriv
Build Thread
Link
So I called Westgate Jeep today and gave them my build. When I told them another dealer will do 8% below invoice they said well we have 140 Gladiators on the lot we can’t order one and mark it off. Have to sell what we have... I said ok, thanks, I’ll keep looking.
I stopped there early on in my search... same experience, not really willing to deal. If you are that close, give @Travis@TriCityJeep a call.

I bought my custom JT from Travis and his team. As long as you agree to a specific trade-in price (if needed) ahead of time, I can tell you they definitely have the best price in the area.

OP
OP

Hippieman

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I stopped there early on in my search... same experience, not really willing to deal. If you are that close, give @Travis@TriCityJeep a call.

I bought my custom JT from Travis and his team. As long as you agree to a specific trade-in price (if needed) ahead of time, I can tell you they definitely have the best price in the area.

Yeah I’ve been talking to Travis. Just as close to me as Raleigh too.

whiteglad

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Mojave
Some dealerships are so proud of their units ! I had reached a deal at one place in Vegas, left for dinner after negotiating several hours and said I would return in the morning. That next morning, they refused to honor their deal and wanted $2k more. I still have not gotten the $50 gift card they promised for a test drive. I bought elsewhere, and got an even better deal. They still have the JT I was going to buy and the alternate one I would have taken if the deal on it was better. Here it is 7 weeks later, and they have raised the price another $1k on their website on the first one, and still have those two JT's..

futzin'

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JTR, '15 Durango Citadel, '06 Suburban 2500 8L
Amazing. Shows how profitable owning a dealership must be! If I get one, it will be what I want at my price. I want one, but I don't need one. No hard feelings if we can't agree on a price; I'll wait to see what the Bronco has to offer.

Local dealer still has four white Launch Editions, and several others of all models they've had for months. No further discounting shown on their website.

VictoryLights

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Pilot
This is my concern. I have never ordered a vehicle in my life, and I can’t imagine how a dealer would be willing to deal on a custom order. However, according to this board, that is happening.

What is a recommendation on how to approach negotiating a custom order? My thought is to build the vehicle on jeeps website, email it to several dealers with a price that I’m willing to pay, and see what happens.

The price I am willing to pay is, however, probably around 5% under invoice. Most in-stock vehicles that I see on lots are more expensive than that in my area (Pittsburgh), so I’m not sure how successful I will be.

Any tips?
Sponsored