Rock Rails Thread

OP
OP
steffen707

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
Can't say I like the design of these better than the "Coming Soon ;)" rails by ROAM and LoD. Might be a fall-back option but otherwise still waiting for what I really want. Hope the employees at ROAM/LoD are practicing social distancing while they work!!!
I think i'm coming back full circle back to roam.
upload_2020-3-30_23-25-51.png

I don't like that the lod destroyers don't go far enough forward or backward aesthetically, guessing the armor light will do the same.
upload_2020-3-30_23-27-36.png

upload_2020-3-30_23-28-0.png

upload_2020-3-30_23-28-31.png

., their armor lite ones, the step pad looks plasticy and the front step area is too small.....Just can't seem to find exactly what I want.

slider-jpg.jpg

Actually that might not be true, i think i do want frame mounted roam rails for the JT but they are taking forever, and who knows how expensive they'll be.
Sponsored

OMTBiker

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR, '21 JLU 80th | Past '20 JTR, '18 JLUR
I think i'm coming back full circle back to roam.
upload_2020-3-30_23-25-51.png

I don't like that the lod destroyers don't go far enough forward or backward aesthetically, guessing the armor light will do the same.
upload_2020-3-30_23-27-36.png

upload_2020-3-30_23-28-0.png

upload_2020-3-30_23-28-31.png

., their armor lite ones, the step pad looks plasticy and the front step area is too small.....Just can't seem to find exactly what I want.

slider-jpg.jpg

Actually that might not be true, i think i do want frame mounted roam rails for the JT but they are taking forever, and who knows how expensive they'll be.
I like the Roam the best but they are taking way too long to produce. They had a pre-production set sent to Tank Customs a few months ago but have been non-existent for communication. The biggest issue with Roam is all of the "new" products they are promoting without releasing. I wish they were listening to customers and there is no way it should have taken this long to extend the current steps to fit the Gladiator.

I ordered the Mopar Performance Rock Rails yesterday as I could no longer wait and the lack of communication from any vendor as to when steps may be released was deafening, yes I know they are not a true step but it will help the other half get in the Gladiator now after the lift/tires as I had them on my JLUR. For me, I will not use them getting in and they are not wide enough to use as a step getting out so I will hit them with my leg every time but the other half will be happy.

Insert_Clever_Name_Here

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2016 Jeep JKU, 2020 JT Rubicon
My shrockworks have shipped and should be here anyday. I'll post some pics up when they get here and post install.

After reading this forum and others I have narrowed my final choices to either
JCR Classic Sliders or the ShrockWorks Rock Sliders. Any advice / experience with either one would be appreciated. Can anyone share photos of ShrockWorks with step?

sass JT

Banned
Banned
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
MWD

rvillano8188

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n JT Rubi, 2018 VW Tiguan SEL
Occupation
Financial Services

Sponsored

Alaska-HWY JK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Rubicon LJ 2007 JKU 2020 Rubicon Gladiator
They look like 2 piece? WTF that’s ridiculous

sass JT

Banned
Banned
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
MWD

whiteglad

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Mojave
For those with the Rock Hard sliders, is there an unseemly gap between the rail and the body?
No, they fit right up against the pinch welds. There are plates welded onto the box tubing with the studs sticking out, and the box is about 1/4" away from the pinch weld, with the plates tight against the pinch welds. This slight gap is needed since there are factory bolts sticking out from the pinch welds about 1/4" a ffew places along the pinch welds, and the box tubing just clears the bolt heads. Rock Hard uses 3/8" thick plates going to the body mount bolts, so they clear everything, unlike the formed steel cups that some other brands use, which can hit the body mount support on the frame.

Bbannongmu

First Name
JTR.Spartacus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
m.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Certified Emergency Manager
Vehicle Showcase

DesertShot

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon JT (White)
just installed my Shrockworks rock sliders, they are frame mounted, and stupidly easy to install.

https://www.shrockworks.com/JJT-SL-pr-16305.html

shrockworks.jpg
Could you post more pictures of your Shrockworks sliders? Particularly how and where they attach to the frame, and the clearances between them and the body and body pinch seams?

These are #1 on my rockslider ranking at the moment, and hope they stay there, as they are priced very well and look like they provide a good step.

Sponsored

Insert_Clever_Name_Here

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2016 Jeep JKU, 2020 JT Rubicon

Gatorized

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘06 CRV, ‘14 Mazda3, ‘20 JTR (Gator)
I went with Ace along with factory Rubi sliders.

D5241E45-4482-40C4-AAB5-5B3EC03E0BB0.jpeg
How did the installation go? Any issues with the body mounts?
Edit: just watched video - looked easy enough!

Bbannongmu

First Name
JTR.Spartacus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
m.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Certified Emergency Manager
Vehicle Showcase
How did the installation go? Any issues with the body mounts?
Edit: just watched video - looked easy enough!
Check out the video. Heated the bolts. Lots of lock tite and the bolts don’t want to come out after they are loose - some type of retainer. Hot water in the front ones after rain so be careful. It’s a bit of a hassle to support these while installing. Hence no video since I needed the help of my camera man and didn’t have a tripod. Minor issues but love the results.

piroman683

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Gladiator
Nice! I'm shocked you got yours before me. Mine shipped out on 4/1 but the shipper still hasn't contacted me for the drop off.
ah, I ordered mine in early march, total lead time was about 18 days from order to receipt. the shipper had a few communication issues which delayed me receiving them by about 4 days (including weekend)

piroman683

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Gladiator
here's a few more photos of the install. they dont 100% follow the contour of the body, but to me it's no big deal. the front and mid section are easily bolted into place. One the passenger side it's a little tricky because you have to remove one of the skid plate bolts, and loosen the others (except the ones way up at the top of the fuel tank. Also, when you put on the passenger side there is a corner braze on the truck frame that just barely hits the corner of the middle slider plate, just gotta wiggle it around and you're set. the rear needs 2x .250 dia holes drilled, it's a frame so use a cobalt bit (uni/stepper is fine) and low drill speed, then the hardware bolts right up.

view of body curve.jpg

forward attachment.jpg

mid attachment.jpg

rear attachment.jpg
Sponsored