Protecting the paint

sarcasm

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Care to share what products you used and your process?
Originally I used "Pinnacle Black Label Diamond Coating" and that lasted 2-3 years and and was enough to cover the Wrangler twice and my Miata once. I can attest to the long term impact on that product. But...it is expensive.

I used "Armor Shield IX" (AvalonKing) this time around. No long term experience with it but it went on the same way. Took about 1 1/2 bottles to cover the Gladiator and Wrangler.

There are lots of videos on how to apply but the key is to get it very clean with no wax or contaminants on the paint. Make sure you get a wash without a built in wax or coating. I would claybar the whole thing and then rinse and wipe it down with alcohol. (They also sell Ceramic prep products but you probably need to get them online but I don't think they are needed.) I have put it on the Windshield as well and it makes it a lot easier to clean and acts a lot like RainX.
Sponsored

HoosierGuy

First Name
JW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Renegade Rubicon
Occupation
CWO2, USMC Retired
Sort of reminds me of the plastic couch covers our parents used to put on the furniture

BajaDrifter

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon

Cliff89

First Name
Clifford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator (JT)
I use the 2 bucket method when washing and I have applied ceramic coating. it is easy to clean and I use ph neutral car shampoo on a foam cannon. washing is a breeze.

InvertedLogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JTR
Today I washed, clay barred, and applied the Griots 3-in-1 Ceramic wax. I'm hoping it'll last through winter, we'll see. I like my stuff to look nice but I don't like maintaining it all the time.

20201013_175145_1.jpg

20201013_175150_1.jpg

20201013_175132_1.jpg

20201013_175125.jpg

20201013_175138.jpg

20201013_175118.jpg

Sponsored

Alexander

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
I saw this film on a neighbor's car. I decided to follow his example, and took my new car to the car-detailing center to have it coated in polyurethane protection film from the Netherlands by the F-performance brand. Now I go out of town, knowing quiet well that F-Performance film will allow the car’s surface to be damaged by rocks and branches, so I am calm.

KX L

First Name
KX
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CVO Street Glide; 2022 JT Mojave with 6MT
Occupation
Retired
Has anyone had a professional shop put on a ceramic coating and then had a different [or maybe the same] shop install a performance film? Is it even feasible? Does a ceramic coating prevent the proper application of the film?

PapaChop83

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.revitalizeautospa.com
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gladiator, '04 CLK 55 AMG, '21 Kia Telluride
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone had a professional shop put on a ceramic coating and then had a different [or maybe the same] shop install a performance film? Is it even feasible? Does a ceramic coating prevent the proper application of the film?
Professional detailer here (Revitalize Auto Spa). I've never tried putting PPF on over a coating, because there's no advantage to it. Now, there ARE definite advantages to putting a ceramic coating OVER the PPF (easier to clean, water runs off easier, helps reduce UV fade).

KX L

First Name
KX
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CVO Street Glide; 2022 JT Mojave with 6MT
Occupation
Retired
Professional detailer here (Revitalize Auto Spa). I've never tried putting PPF on over a coating, because there's no advantage to it. Now, there ARE definite advantages to putting a ceramic coating OVER the PPF (easier to clean, water runs off easier, helps reduce UV fade).
Duh. Makes perfect sense. Thanks much for the info. Have you done it?

Sponsored

Bbannongmu

First Name
JTR.Spartacus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
m.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Certified Emergency Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Looking to get the ceramic coat, is it still worth it ?
It’s worth it. I probably have trashed it now with mud, trees, rocks but it definitely helps keep light scratches away and make it easier to clean. Need to keep it up with maintenance - I haven’t done anything.
Sponsored