First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
I am in the same situation. Dealer told me on Friday that they estimated May 7th for the kit to be available assuming the COVID-19 situation doesn't prolong it. Additionally they said it's completely safe to drive and wont damage anything other than the bushing which they said is the culprit. It sounded horrible on the way home so I will probably drive it minimally until the part is available. Will be difficult to essentially be down a vehicle for over a month.
Hi @Trkenned,
We certainly understand the frustration that may come from this delay. If you would like us to look further into this for you, please send our team a private message.

Kathryn
JeepCares
Sponsored

Stickyteflon

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2015 Cherokee Trail Hawk, 2019 MX5 RF GTS
Vehicle Showcase
Just wanted to post a short follow up.

My service guy has been the best despite the circumstances. He had heard about the back ordered parts so he just replaced my entire diff internal assemblies. I guess he could get the group set more easily than waiting for the one bushing... this guy gets mad props for getting that approved and pushed through. Iā€™ve only put about 150miles on it since but so far so good.

Iā€™ll post more once I get more miles on it.

hosejockey61

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000ish TJ, 2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Just wanted to post a short follow up.

My service guy has been the best despite the circumstances. He had heard about the back ordered parts so he just replaced my entire diff internal assemblies. I guess he could get the group set more easily than waiting for the one bushing... this guy gets mad props for getting that approved and pushed through. Iā€™ve only put about 150miles on it since but so far so good.

Iā€™ll post more once I get more miles on it.
The fix isn't a single bushing... It's an intermediate shaft kit.... Not sure what all he got you but if it works then good for you!

Scrubb84

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Looks like Iā€™m joining the FAD club. Is the intermediate shaft kit still on back order?

jmeyer

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
It was on backorder. I don't know if it still is. Mine just came in, and now I need to schedule an appointment to get the work done.

Sponsored

Scrubb84

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Has anyone done the Spicer FAD delete yet? Wondering if the Tazer has been updated to take care of all the issues when you do the delete? If not, how did you fool the computer? Resistor of sorts?

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
Has anyone done the Spicer FAD delete yet? Wondering if the Tazer has been updated to take care of all the issues when you do the delete? If not, how did you fool the computer? Resistor of sorts?
Iā€™m pretty sure Tazer can do the FAD delete.

iblowatsports

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Overland
Well, I had been given the cold shoulder from my dealer and JeepCares prior to all this pandemic fun, so who knows if/when I'll ever get this resolved. I had been told they were waiting for some approval from the Field Engineer for a repair in mid February, which I kept bugging them for an update all the way through March, all with the same "nothing yet" response. I reached out to my dealer this week (no idea if they're even open) and haven't heard back yet, no idea if Jeep cares is still running either since I haven't heard from my case worker since ~March either. My issues continually has gotten worse, to the point where my truck now sometimes pulls to the right and noticably slows down with the pulsing of the vibration at ~60 MPH. I'm definitely very concerned about ever getting this fixed, been dealing with this since last August to no avail

Stickyteflon

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
It sounds like itā€™s time to visit another dealer. I had to wait a few weeks but was never treated like it wasnā€™t a real problem.

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
Hi @iblowatsports,

Please follow up with our team in private messages so that we can look into a case update for you.

Darlene
Jeep Cares

Sponsored

iblowatsports

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Overland
Hi @iblowatsports,

Please follow up with our team in private messages so that we can look into a case update for you.

Darlene
Jeep Cares
Well I actually just emailed Jeep cares and found out that my agent decided to close my case after telling me to await an update from my dealer or the agent (neither of which I got, obviously). I am outright furious about that, why would my case be marked as complete without even notifying me whatsoever when the issues absolutely hasn't been resolved????? I have so little hope this will be resolved at this point, Jeep cares is supposed to be the people helping customers fight with dealers through these issues and my agent didn't do anything of the sort and just marked it done without even contacting me. And 2 weeks later, I still have not even heard from the dealer as to the status, after having waited MONTHS before sending that email.

iblowatsports

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Overland
It sounds like itā€™s time to visit another dealer. I had to wait a few weeks but was never treated like it wasnā€™t a real problem.
I agree, I do believe I should go to another dealer at this point (even though I've wasted so much time trying with this current dealer). Unfortunately for me, prior to closing my case without any notice or resolution, I was told by my Jeep Cares agent that I should remain at my current dealership as they were "equipped with the proper resources to adequately diagnose your vehicle". I gave this the benefit of the doubt, assuming there was a plan to resolve the issue, but months later that's clearly not the case

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
I agree, I do believe I should go to another dealer at this point (even though I've wasted so much time trying with this current dealer). Unfortunately for me, prior to closing my case without any notice or resolution, I was told by my Jeep Cares agent that I should remain at my current dealership as they were "equipped with the proper resources to adequately diagnose your vehicle". I gave this the benefit of the doubt, assuming there was a plan to resolve the issue, but months later that's clearly not the case
We understand how frustrated you must be. I have responded to your private message; I am going to escalate another case for you.

Darlene
Jeep Cares

Stickyteflon

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Just a follow up ..

Iā€™m at 13k miles now and I havenā€™t had any issues (knock on wood) since my dealer repair.
Hope everyone elseā€™s experience is the same!

Desert Outlaw

First Name
Desert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Tomb Raider Rubicon, 2020 Rubicon Gladiator
Just a follow up ..

Iā€™m at 13k miles now and I havenā€™t had any issues (knock on wood) since my dealer repair.
Hope everyone elseā€™s experience is the same!
I only have driven 3,000 miles since my repair in February and the new bushing has performed as it should. All good here as well.
Sponsored