Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Maybe somebody covered this and I missed it, but I just got a new Sport S Max Tow JT a week ago and curious how I could tell if mine has the trac lock system or not. Would it be on the window sticker? Is it hidden in the VIN somehow or on the data plate on the door? or on the SN on the diff? I'm reading some with max tow have it and some don't so just curious how you can tell short of doing burnouts.
It should be mentioned on your window sticker if you got it.
Sponsored

Bobzdar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 1989 grand wagoneer
I just wonder what the circumstances have to be to make it not back up. I'm going to try it at lunch and see if I just start it up and try to back up if it will engage. Because I have saw them riding around without doors in my area so, it has to be something that can be done, or a feature that can be disengaged. Not saying at all that it isn't true but there has to be factors in play to make it happen, or I would think there must be, if that makes sense. Not sure how you could drive it with doors off if not.
If the door harnesses are unplugged then the interlock is disabled.

uplandgunner

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Maybe somebody covered this and I missed it, but I just got a new Sport S Max Tow JT a week ago and curious how I could tell if mine has the trac lock system or not. Would it be on the window sticker? Is it hidden in the VIN somehow or on the data plate on the door? or on the SN on the diff? I'm reading some with max tow have it and some don't so just curious how you can tell short of doing burnouts.
Add your vin at the end of this addy and you will see your build sheet

https://www.jeep.com/webselfservice/BuildSheetServlet?vin=

Bobzdar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 1989 grand wagoneer
Hey new Max Tow owner here! This is my first Jeep and was excited to get the 4.10 gearing and heavy duty tow package. I was a bit bummed that a LSD was not offered or on the window sticker. I figured if I really want it, I'll add it later.. I can turn wrenches so no big deal. Fast forward to today, I decided to come to full stop, hold traction control button down till off and did a brake stand. Guess what two thick lines.

Is it possible the Brake lock differential did this?

I've never had a open diff do this.. I'm kinda happy and confused at the same time!
Yes, that's exactly what bld should do.

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
If the door harnesses are unplugged then the interlock is disabled.
Yeah, but I think you still got to have the seat belt on or it want move from what I have been reading

Sponsored

SgtMajTomahawk

First Name
Lawren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
It should be mentioned on your window sticker if you got it.
Thanks, I do filed away. I'll have to check. honestly, I've heard pros and cons to having it and I'm not sure I would be heart broken if I didn't. The BLD system in my other JKU worked great in the absence of lockers so I can only assume it will do the same in the JT.

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks, I do filed away. I'll have to check. honestly, I've heard pros and cons to having it and I'm not sure I would be heart broken if I didn't. The BLD system in my other JKU worked great in the absence of lockers so I can only assume it will do the same in the JT.
Yeah it wouldn't of hurt my feelings if I ended up without it, but we'll see if it ends up being a perk.

BK75

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator - Max Tow
Yes, that's exactly what bld should do.
Awesome! The BLD system seemed to work really well. Also happy to see it work in 2 wheel High.

Looking forward to see it work in deep snow.

MPETE

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Wrangler Sport, 2015 NIssan Frontier SV crew cab VTP 4x4, 1996 Chevy S10 excab sportside 4.3 5spd
Occupation
F*rd parts guy
I don't really need a video but I'm trying to figure out how I was able move mine with driver door open yesterday. I did have the door open when I put the jeep in reverse, but I also left it open when I put it in park and left it running why I jumped out to look at something.
@Trippin01 I had my seat belt on, that's why I was able to move it. With the seat belt off, it will not move. That's kind of annoying for sure if your backing a trailer but you could just put the seat belt behind you or buy these

https://www.googleadservices.com/pa...jvx__j_63mAhVKJKwKHdYXCyUQ9aACegQIDhA-&adurl=
Simple, you put your seat belt on. The JT will run and engage the transmission with the door open or removed, but only if you have the seat belt on.
Cheers

For those of you looking to have seatbelt off and door open and still be able to move the jeep, PUT IT IN 4LOW. I had read on the JL forums to do this, so I tried it on my mom's 2017 ram (because she complained about the door open/non moving issue as well) and it worked with no issue. Sadly, I don't have a JT yet. But I am hoping one of y'all will try it and tell me it works. :)

Sponsored

hjdca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon manual Sting Gray
Build Thread
Link
Can the tazer disable bld? I heard it turns off auto start
yes, it can. I just got a Tazer mini and married it to my Gladiator Rubicon manual transmission. No matter if you are in 2WD or 4WD, if you hold the traction control button for more than 4 seconds, then, it turns off both traction control, and BLD. Both lights come on the dash, traction control and bld, and the anti-lock disable light also comes on. To get BLD and traction control back, you have to turn off the truck and turn it back on.
Note: if you do not hold the traction control button and just push it, then, it operates as normal, you can push it on and off while driving and the mode is saved when you turn the Gladiator off.

mazeppa

First Name
y= x/0
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Panda
Occupation
knife sharpening snob
I was messing around with the build configurator on the Jeep website and noticed you can now build a Sport S with 4.10 Max Tow and 6-speed manual transmission. Is this an error on the build configurator, or could/can a Sport S be ordered this way? I thought the 4.10 option always forced the auto transmission to be chosen with the Sport S.

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
I
I was messing around with the build configurator on the Jeep website and noticed you can now build a Sport S with 4.10 Max Tow and 6-speed manual transmission. Is this an error on the build configurator, or could/can a Sport S be ordered this way? I thought the 4.10 option always forced the auto transmission to be chosen with the Sport S.
I had that too when I checked out the build page. It's gotta be wrong

futzin'

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JTR, '15 Durango Citadel, '06 Suburban 2500 8L
Jeep is excellent at keeping the configurator current and accurate. :giggle:

web pages are hard . . .