Sponsored

jeep gladiator keeps cranking for 5 seconds or sometimes even longer before starting

zOOMzOOM

First Name
bILLY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GLADATOR
has anyone here experienced that before on a 2020 gladiator or any ideas where it might actually be
Sponsored

whiteglad

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Mojave
Get the dealer to check codes. ou might have a defective sensor and the computer won't let it start until it gets a signal from the crank sensor, etc.

OP
OP
zOOMzOOM

zOOMzOOM

First Name
bILLY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GLADATOR
Get the dealer to check codes. ou might have a defective sensor and the computer won't let it start until it gets a signal from the crank sensor, etc.

OP
OP
zOOMzOOM

zOOMzOOM

First Name
bILLY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GLADATOR
Yeah did that already and there weren't any codes the guy told me to videotape it the next time it happened

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
Sounds like a relay sticking. I haven’t looked, but if there is a starter relay in the power distribution center, I would try swapping it with a comparable relay.

Sponsored

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
has anyone here experienced that before on a 2020 gladiator or any ideas where it might actually be
Hi zOOMzOOM,

We know you are just looking for advice from your fellow forum members at this time, however, if your Gladiator is still at the dealer we would like to offer an additional layer of assistance. Please send our team a private message with addition details if this is something you are interested in.

Julie
JeepCares

Incommando

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Sport max tow Sting-gray, ‘95 YJ
Damn. I feel left out that my JT has been flawless. Maybe 1911tacticalnut can start a thread showing the service orders for his JT’?

To the OP: had a similar problem years ago on a Ford and it was a bad fuel pump. Maybe that will give a direction to look.

Last edited:

jpacosta481

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport
any resolution on this issue? mine is doing the same. took it the dealer a while ago and they couldnt recreate the issue. It doesnt do it at every startup, but when it does, I have to shut it off. It always fires right up on the second try

jpacosta481

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport
@JeepCares,
I still have not resolved this issue. For the 2nd time, the jeep as at a different dealership and of course it wont duplicate the issue when it is at the dealer. They claim it has no issues
Sponsored