Banned
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
  • Banned
Got my new Rugged Ridge Arcus bumper and Warn EVO 10S Winch installed over the weekend! Really happy with the way it turned out! Rugged Ridge is offering a $100 rebate on this bumper through 3/31/20 so if you interested hurry and grab one! Check out my install video! The install was easy! Let me know what you think!

Sponsored

Tourenwagen

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Got my new Rugged Ridge Arcus bumper and Warn EVO 10S Winch installed over the weekend! Really happy with the way it turned out! Rugged Ridge is offering a $100 rebate on this bumper through 3/31/20 so if you interested hurry and grab one! Check out my install video! The install was easy! Let me know what you think!

Wow, didnt know about the rebate... thats pretty cool. Did you have the steel or plastic Rubi bumper?

Watching vid now...

OP
OP
JT Mods

JT Mods

Banned
Banned
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
  • Banned
Wow, didnt know about the rebate... thats pretty cool. Did you have the steel or plastic Rubi bumper?

Watching vid now...
I have a Rubicon, but I didn't have the 3 piece steel bumper. I really like that bumper and considered buying it, but it was a lot more expensive. Especially considering you still have to purchase a winch plate for $275+ to install a winch to it.

Tourenwagen

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
I have a Rubicon, but I didn't have the 3 piece steel bumper. I really like that bumper and considered buying it, but it was a lot more expensive. Especially considering you still have to purchase a winch plate for $275+ to install a winch to it.
Yeah that's the internal battle I'm having now! The Arcus is by far my favorite aftermarket bumper, i like the OEM+ look and that's what I always go for when modding. Just finished the video, always enjoy your vids and thanks for going into detail on how to fit the bumper. Any reason you didn't go for the riser bar on the Arcus? I think that's the only thing I would do differently.

OP
OP
JT Mods

JT Mods

Banned
Banned
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
  • Banned
Yeah that's the internal battle I'm having now! The Arcus is by far my favorite aftermarket bumper, i like the OEM+ look and that's what I always go for when modding. Just finished the video, always enjoy your vids and thanks for going into detail on how to fit the bumper. Any reason you didn't go for the riser bar on the Arcus? I think that's the only thing I would do differently.
Thank you so much for the kind words and supporting my channel! I personally just didn't want the riser bar, no other reason really. I'd say go for the riser bar!!! It's a great clean, OEM looking bumper!

Sponsored

Zebago

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 CJ8, 2020 JT Rubicon, White
Thanks for the video. I plan on installing mine soon. I will definitely be watching it a few times.

OP
OP
JT Mods

JT Mods

Banned
Banned
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
  • Banned
Thanks for the video. I plan on installing mine soon. I will definitely be watching it a few times.
No problem, hope you find it helpful! I’m ready to test out the winch, but with everything going on right now, it sure when I’ll get the chance.

Also, here’s a little advice for you. I just learned this today. When you go to file your $100 rebate on the bumper, you’re going to need the card board SKU on the box to include with the paperwork. I didn’t know this, and I already threw the box away long ago!!!

mzeblue

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator, E300
No problem, hope you find it helpful! I’m ready to test out the winch, but with everything going on right now, it sure when I’ll get the chance.

Also, here’s a little advice for you. I just learned this today. When you go to file your $100 rebate on the bumper, you’re going to need the card board SKU on the box to include with the paperwork. I didn’t know this, and I already threw the box away long ago!!!
I bought and had mine installed at a Jeep customized, and never saw the box. Were you still able to get the rebate?

OP
OP
JT Mods

JT Mods

Banned
Banned
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
  • Banned
I’m still
I bought and had mine installed at a Jeep customized, and never saw the box. Were you still able to get the rebate?
I’m still working on it, but I’m optimistic that I’ll be able to. Had the same issue with Bestop. Talked to them yesterday and they’re going to work with me on it. From what I understand, sense you had yours installed at a shop, you should be good to go with your shop receipt!!!

Zebago

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks again for the video. I watched it a few times. It helped a lot. I was able to fish the wires up through the square hole beside the battery under where the Aux wire bundle is using a coat hanger and pealing back the inner fender from underneath. I did not have to remove the air box. I also did not bother removing the grill. I zip tied the fog light wires to the wires for the sway bar disconnect. I think your way is much cleaner though and may re run them because you can see the excess wire when looking down into the bumper.

DoneDone.jpg

Sponsored

OP
OP
JT Mods

JT Mods

Banned
Banned
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Thanks again for the video. I watched it a few times. It helped a lot. I was able to fish the wires up through the square hole beside the battery under where the Aux wire bundle is using a coat hanger and pealing back the inner fender from underneath. I did not have to remove the air box. I also did not bother removing the grill. I zip tied the fog light wires to the wires for the sway bar disconnect. I think your way is much cleaner though and may re run them because you can see the excess wire when looking down into the bumper.

DoneDone.jpg
It looks fantastic and I like the winch hook that you have!!! The wiring is all preference. My main goal was to make sure it wasn't anywhere that could/would get caught up on anything in a trail. Also, gotta get me some d-rings! I'm ordering the Factor 55 Hook tomorrow, so will probably go ahead and get some d-rings as well...

Aberk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Viper, 2020 Rubicon JT

DoneDone.jpg
Is that a smitty winch? If so which one? When I installed my X20 10k on the Arcus, the control box wouldn't fit in the middle and I was disappointed because I like the symmetric look of it in the middle.

20200327_135131.jpg

Zebago

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looks great! Yes it is the X20 - 12K. I had the same problem of the control box contacting the grill, so I installed some washers under the control box. I had to add longer machine screws. M5 x12 I think? It still contacts slightly and may mark the grill, but not enough to flex it.

washers.jpg

RenoRubi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
I installed this on our JL with help from my father in law with a 10S zeon winch... everything is honky dory until you try to actually bolt in the front bolts with the horns and the nut plate. There is little to no clearance between the winch and the inside of the bumper for fingers to fit to hold the nut plate to line up. Coupled with the fact that if you accidentally let the nut plate drop inside, you will need to fish it out. Everything I agree was simple until that point of trying to bolt the main bolts through the tow hook horns, the bumper fascia, winch plate and ultimately through the frame and into the nut plate. The bumpers do look good, love the weight savings, and everything else. For those whom are interested, check out the rugged ridge HD bumper install instructions, and how they have disposable plastic pieces to hold the pieces I talk about into place. Slightly better design than the arcus in regards to installation but doesn't look as good as the arcus.
Sponsored