Banned
Banned
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
I installed this on our JL with help from my father in law with a 10S zeon winch... everything is honky dory until you try to actually bolt in the front bolts with the horns and the nut plate. There is little to no clearance between the winch and the inside of the bumper for fingers to fit to hold the nut plate to line up. Coupled with the fact that if you accidentally let the nut plate drop inside, you will need to fish it out. Everything I agree was simple until that point of trying to bolt the main bolts through the tow hook horns, the bumper fascia, winch plate and ultimately through the frame and into the nut plate. The bumpers do look good, love the weight savings, and everything else. For those whom are interested, check out the rugged ridge HD bumper install instructions, and how they have disposable plastic pieces to hold the pieces I talk about into place. Slightly better design than the arcus in regards to installation but doesn't look as good as the arcus.
Thanks, that’s great info in regard to the HD Bumper. I didn’t have the issue you mentioned during my install, but I had the Warn EVO 10S. I’m guessing the difference in the size of the winches must be enough to cause the issue you had?
Sponsored

RenoRubi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Thanks, that’s great info in regard to the HD Bumper. I didn’t have the issue you mentioned during my install, but I had the Warn EVO 10S. I’m guessing the difference in the size of the winches must be enough to cause the issue you had?
I suspect so, good thing I'm getting a warn Evo 10S for the JT :) Thx for the vids

kpohanka

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Gladiator Rubicon, CRX Del Sol Sir, AP1 S2000
Thanks again for the video. I watched it a few times. It helped a lot. I was able to fish the wires up through the square hole beside the battery under where the Aux wire bundle is using a coat hanger and pealing back the inner fender from underneath. I did not have to remove the air box. I also did not bother removing the grill. I zip tied the fog light wires to the wires for the sway bar disconnect. I think your way is much cleaner though and may re run them because you can see the excess wire when looking down into the bumper.

DoneDone.jpg
Which D rings are those?

Sponsored

DrJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gobi Overland
Did mine today. Sadly I did it alone and getting that bumper on was a nightmare, although super happy with the outcome. I also drilled a new hole for the power wire to exit the control box, a little lower than most so it's actually hidden a bit more. Loving it so far, works great. Sure is a tight fit up against the grille, but I didn't bother using any spacers or washer, just shoe-horned it in.

IMG_7969.jpeg

IMG_7974.jpeg

IMG_7978.jpeg

pcrawfordpt

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
PT
Looking to install this this Weeknd. Going with the Badland winch as well. Were any of you able to fit a cover over the winch to help keep out the elements? Of so which one?

Did mine today. Sadly I did it alone and getting that bumper on was a nightmare, although super happy with the outcome. I also drilled a new hole for the power wire to exit the control box, a little lower than most so it's actually hidden a bit more. Loving it so far, works great. Sure is a tight fit up against the grille, but I didn't bother using any spacers or washer, just shoe-horned it in.

IMG_7969.jpeg

IMG_7974.jpeg

IMG_7978.jpeg

Aberk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Viper, 2020 Rubicon JT
Looking to install this this Weeknd. Going with the Badland winch as well. Were any of you able to fit a cover over the winch to help keep out the elements? Of so which one?
I dont have a badlands winch, but my smitty doesn't have much clearance for a cover. I've tried and failed with covers so far.
Sponsored