Sponsored

Colorado Checking in!

FocoRusty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR Firecracker Red
Hoping to get some CO discussion going on here!
In Fort Collins and new to the Jeep world. Interested in any local knowledge, trail recommendations, offroad tips, build thoughts, etc.

Taking it slow with build. I'd like to see what this stock rig can do and then figure out what I actually need.
Current Build updated 9/2/20:
JTR Firecracker Red
2" Mopar lift, Falken 33" M/T tires
Stubby Antenna
Truck Covers USA American Roll Cover Tonneau - added rails to install Yakima sky towers
Yakima LockNLoad rack
EAG tube doors
Rugged Ridge HD full width bumper
Smittybuilt 10k comp winch with synthetic line
Factor 55 flat link E
Factor 55 hitchlink 2.0
ARB dual compressor with JK innovations onboard installation and up/down air system
Jtops sunshade
Ceramic coating
Window Tint

Future Build (input appreciated):
Bed organization tbd
3.5" lift (waiting on AEV)
35/37" tires
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
FocoRusty

FocoRusty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR Firecracker Red
Welcome to Jeep'n. Since you are in CO, join traildamage.com (costs $12 I think). It is probably the single best trail resource site for CO (441 trails) and UT (183 trails).
Great! Thanks for the tip. I'll definitely get signed up.

HHCDeadman

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT
New to Jeep’s as well. Day 2 already got a chip in my windshield! Looking forward to riding where my motorcycle can’t take me. I will check out trail damage. Looking for recommendation for hard tonneau cover, stubby antenna that doesn’t take away from performance, and mud flaps thanks! Love my gladiator!

Br4hm4

First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT OE, 2016 Polaris Slingshot, 2012 Kia Sportage, 2018 Nissan LEAF
Occupation
Linux Engineer
The Gladiator is my first Jeep as well. Prior off road rig was a 2007 FJ Cruiser...but that was 5 years ago. Definitely tempted to get off road with the Jeep...just not any rock crawling.

Sponsored

OP
OP
FocoRusty

FocoRusty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR Firecracker Red
New to Jeep’s as well. Day 2 already got a chip in my windshield! Looking forward to riding where my motorcycle can’t take me. I will check out trail damage. Looking for recommendation for hard tonneau cover, stubby antenna that doesn’t take away from performance, and mud flaps thanks! Love my gladiator!
I went with American Truck Covers USA rolling tonneau cover. Very nice. Sturdy, secure, low profile, small canister, looks good. Two thumbs up.
I picked up a 13" stubby antenna from a local 4x4 shop. Works well. I haven't noticed any decrease in reception.
Went with Rokblokz mud flaps up front after I got a rock chip on one of the rear fenders. Easy to install, significantly decreases mud and rocks on the doors and rear fenders.

Sorbs

First Name
Brian & Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ram TRX, 2020 Gladiator LE
Vehicle Showcase
IMG_0153.jpeg
IMG_1605.jpeg
IMG_0032.jpeg
Hoping to get some CO discussion going on here!
In Fort Collins and new to the Jeep world. Interested in any local knowledge, trail recommendations, offroad tips, build thoughts, etc.
Ouray...go to Ouray...

Sorbs

First Name
Brian & Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
2493EB6C-FD48-4928-9162-70B15BEDCFDA.jpeg

Download the Jeep “Badge of Honor” app before you go.

Sponsored

Sorbs

First Name
Brian & Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Yep, got the app and definitely want to hit all those this summer. Any good camping spots on those passes?
We Airbnb in town and go up during the day.

Nothing too difficult with these trails since they’re considered county roads by the state. That’s what makes them fun.

Etoimos

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Website
adventuresofetoimos.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR , 2012 JKUR
Vehicle Showcase
We Airbnb in town and go up during the day.

Nothing too difficult with these trails since they’re considered county roads by the state. That’s what makes them fun.
You should probably put a disclaimer on Poughkeepsie and Black Bear for new Jeep'ers.

Poughkeepsie is the toughest trail in the area and while most of it is pretty easy, there is one spot that if you don't have the correct line, it can be quite tough:

Easy line and you drive right up.

Ouray15-1635.jpg

Not so easy line and you have to climb up.

140710-0000204031-GP5B8941.jpg

Black Bear is not a technical trail, but the it is a high risk trail if you screw it up. If you are at all uncomfortable on switch backs or shelf roads, I'd pass on it until you feel better about your skills.

BlackBear-7614.jpg

BlackBear-1414.jpg

BlackBear-1422.jpg

BlackBear-7643.jpg

HHCDeadman

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT
Great pics, good info! I just rode through Phantom Canyon last weekend. Came up from the Canon City side. Real pretty, not challenging.

76BADBBD-0917-483B-A8D1-7E26E7CC36CD.jpeg

DawgBox

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Great pics, good info! I just rode through Phantom Canyon last weekend. Came up from the Canon City side. Real pretty, not challenging.

76BADBBD-0917-483B-A8D1-7E26E7CC36CD.jpeg
So beautiful! Can't wait to move out to Nederland (above Boulder) in a couple months.

seesharp4me

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th Anniversary JK Unlimited, 2020 Gladiator Rubicon LE, Tesla Model 3, Telsa Model Y On Order
You should probably put a disclaimer on Poughkeepsie and Black Bear for new Jeep'ers.

Poughkeepsie is the toughest trail in the area and while most of it is pretty easy, there is one spot that if you don't have the correct line, it can be quite tough:

Easy line and you drive right up.

Ouray15-1635.jpg

Not so easy line and you have to climb up.

140710-0000204031-GP5B8941.jpg

Black Bear is not a technical trail, but the it is a high risk trail if you screw it up. If you are at all uncomfortable on switch backs or shelf roads, I'd pass on it until you feel better about your skills.

BlackBear-7614.jpg

BlackBear-1414.jpg

BlackBear-1422.jpg

BlackBear-7643.jpg
Love seeing all those TJ's. My son has a '98 and my brother has a 2006 Rubi. Despite having a JK and now a JT the TJ's are one of my favorite platforms for wheeling. BTW I'm in Colorado which is why I'm posting here. I'm in South East Aurora.
Sponsored