Weird Situation need some advise

Punkngladiator

First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Tacoma gone soon 2020 gladiator on its way
I have an overland that the dealership put a 2” lift and 285-75-18 duratracs (35”) on. Had very minimal rubbing on full lockup and a bit more in reverse. Anyway I just put on the rubicon steel front bumper and now I am getting considerably more rubbing on hard turns. I realize the weight would have dropped it a bit but come on. I also want to put a winch and winch plate in then what? Am I going to have to put a 1” front spacer in?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Punkngladiator

Punkngladiator

First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes stock wheels

7D88ED52-56AF-4640-A8F4-1018DEA4C619.jpeg

D5F856DE-6BCA-4165-B987-683D5A538DE5.jpeg

OP
OP
Punkngladiator

Punkngladiator

First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
When we were digging through some snow and hit some ruts and you would steer hard to get out it was rubbing pretty good. We had a look but couldn’t see anything at the time. Maybe I will jack up the front and put it in full turn and see if I can see where. Is it something I need to trim or can they be pushed or attached to some back to get them out of the way.

Sponsored

Commodus

First Name
Buck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hydro Blue Gladiator, BMW X3
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
When we were digging through some snow and hit some ruts and you would steer hard to get out it was rubbing pretty good. We had a look but couldn’t see anything at the time. Maybe I will jack up the front and put it in full turn and see if I can see where. Is it something I need to trim or can they be pushed or attached to some back to get them out of the way.
If the liner you can use plastic ties to pull back, if a spring, your lift was not installed correctly. Also check for loose control arm bolts

canyonrat

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Gladiator Rubicon, 2005 Jeep TJ RME
Back when we had deep snow here in Denver and I had the truck in 4Hi on the cul-de-sac in front of my house I would hear noise from the front at full lock when turning around. Sounded a lot like a rub but in retrospect I think it was ABS getting triggered somehow by all the traction control computer crap. Because the same turns on the same truck (Rubi, 2" Mopar, aftermarket wheels on 35's) when on dry pavement never make a peep at full lock. Of course on dry pavement I'm in 2WD. So... do you hear the rub at full lock on dry pavement in 2WD? Find an indoor parking garage or something to check...

Last edited:
OP
OP
Punkngladiator

Punkngladiator

First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well found out where it was rubbing. How does one fix it? I guess I can bring out the bumpstops a bit.

ED25D519-31B7-48B0-ABDC-1DF164968FE1.jpeg

D2919409-31AF-4C76-8902-49E58F168799.jpeg

Commodus

First Name
Buck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Well found out where it was rubbing. How does one fix it? I guess I can bring out the bumpstops a bit.

ED25D519-31B7-48B0-ABDC-1DF164968FE1.jpeg

D2919409-31AF-4C76-8902-49E58F168799.jpeg
It I not unusual to have to adjust your bump stops, especially if you do not have an adjustable track bar

Sponsored

Moe_Fugga

Banned
Banned
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
I’d say those tires are too wide for the factory wheel offset, backspacing, or whatever it’s called (I’m not a technical guru). Go with wheel spacers or new wheels.

Commodus

First Name
Buck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I’d say those tires are too wide for the factory wheel offset, backspacing, or whatever it’s called (I’m not a technical guru). Go with wheel spacers or new wheels.
A lot of ways to hide a problem or as one would say, skin a cat. You can fix it properly with an adjustable track bar, but I would never recommend wheel spacers for a cure, can cause to many other problems down the road. But everyone's budget is their own.

Moe_Fugga

Banned
Banned
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
A lot of ways to hide a problem or as one would say, skin a cat. You can fix it properly with an adjustable track bar, but I would never recommend wheel spacers for a cure, can cause to many other problems down the road. But everyone's budget is their own.
Ok, I get what you’re saying. I missed the 2inch lift portion. OP has a .5 inch inset on one side vs the other if they don’t have a track bar to correct it. Sorry I missed that! :like:
Sponsored