First Time topless!

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
bugs to the face is overrated, lol. If you ride motorcycles you also understand. But if you ride motorcycles without a face cover with no windshield, well best of luck.

I remember june bugs on the east coast in the spring. It’s like a rock to the face, which I’ve had that too, and then you get the pleasure of the gooey center... nope, I’m keeping the windshield up lol.
Yes those June bugs feel exactly like that, first one I was like that was a very hard drop of water that hit me in the face. With the clear lenses in my sunglasses it wasn't to bad though.

I honestly don't know that I'll ever put the windshield down, but who knows.

I have to say, an open air trip was exactly what our family needed last weekend. After two weeks of working from home/homeschooling and listening to the ever more apocalyptic news, it was awesomely refreshing to just get in the wind for a few hours on a nice, sunny day. The Jeep just might be what keeps us sane through all this.

Hope everyone is safe, and healthy. Whenever you can, get the top off your Jeep and hit the road, you'll be glad you did!
The Jeep has been exactly what we needed here as well. Lots of back roads by my to just cruise around on. Nice to get out a little during all of this isolation. Just had to put my jeep back together because the weather is cooling off. Power screwdriver is a must to get the windshield back up.

OP
OP
ATLalien

ATLalien

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
Yes those June bugs feel exactly like that, first one I was like that was a very hard drop of water that hit me in the face. With the clear lenses in my sunglasses it wasn't to bad though.

The Jeep has been exactly what we needed here as well. Lots of back roads by my to just cruise around on. Nice to get out a little during all of this isolation. Just had to put my jeep back together because the weather is cooling off. Power screwdriver is a must to get the windshield back up.
Yup, Sadly, my top is back on now. But it will be off again soon. Looks like we'll be warming up again.

Sponsored

wyodirt

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Secret stuff in secret locations
Oh man... just think what it be like to take the doors off too! It’s the best experience ever!

C9CC532B-AD80-451C-B0AE-542ECC18EF55.jpeg
It appears as though you only have the freedom panels installed in this photo, do they hold securely while going down the road?

sass JT

Banned
Banned
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
MWD
It appears as though you only have the freedom panels installed in this photo, do they hold securely while going down the road?
yes I do... they hold perfect down the road.

8C40450A-E2C0-4845-A438-07465F090715.jpeg

Aberk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Viper, 2020 Rubicon JT
We were riding on horseshoe ridge road near Dahlonega. It was a nice, easy trail. It was our first time riding on it. Mostly rocky with a few muddy sections

C8F0BD6A-C849-4975-B58E-8354F9C007E4.jpeg

HA!

I was at Horseshoe last Sunday! we found a side trail, but I had to turn around b/c my buddy couldn't make it in so here is me coming back out.

Choj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKU Rubicon
No Gladiator yet, but I took the hard top off my Wrangler and put the soft top on yesterday. Drove around town for a bit with the top off. Felt great to be outside instead of stuck in my house. Unfortunately with warmer weather comes seasonal allergies. My eyes are killing me today, but it was worth it!

Sponsored

TheITGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E, 2021 Toyota Rav4 Limit
I had my sunroof open and windows down on Wednesday. Does that count? :turkey:

Flexin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon AKA 'Sky Walker'
It all counts :)

I’ve had my roof off for two weeks, but not driving every day makes that easier, especially with rainy days... At the moment we are hunkered down and rarely go out.

Jeepnoob34

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
it doesn’t take long to pull the doors off... you will make it sooner than later...

thanks... I like them too
I’ve pulled the doors and freedom panels off, but can’t bring myself to take the large back portion off. Seems like a chore. Lol. Plus, I really don’t like the look of the back doors on and roof off. That gap between the door and roll bar bugs me.

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
Yup, Sadly, my top is back on now. But it will be off again soon. Looks like we'll be warming up again.
Yep warming up again already. Sadly my JT was in timeout today. It gave me difficulty on the new bumper/winch install and had to sit in the corner and think about its actions.

yes I do... they hold perfect down the road.

8C40450A-E2C0-4845-A438-07465F090715.jpeg
That is the most interesting WTF config I have ever seen on a jeep. lol I would have never guessed that would be possible
Sponsored