Sponsored

Who has a rolling tonneau cover that they love?

njjeepthing

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.blinkerfluidproductions.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator, 2018 JLU
Occupation
Event Planner
Installed Truck Covers USA American Roll Cover this week. Love it. It’s low profile, sturdy, well constructed, easy to install, rolls into a small canister (8”x8”), and fits the gladiator perfectly. Only down side is that you can’t have a rail system installed in the bed. It comes with brackets that install into the OEM holes for rail systems.

ED6E6189-9604-406B-AE3E-333356AB11A4.jpeg
Kinda sucks you have to remove the trail rail, I was just looking at this cover yesterday. Looks great btw.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Rubinator919

Rubinator919

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Looks good, this is one that I’m considering. Is the top over the hard slats a vinyl or fabric? It seems like a fabric. If so how well does it match the premium softtop material?
I ended up with a Rugged Ridge hard rolling cover and I am quite happy with it. Here are a couple photos including some close ups of the fabric.

E874F051-F13D-4073-8354-4632CFE709E6.jpeg

C602F60B-4F94-4C76-8ADE-16165DCFE7A0.jpeg

D0189165-4BB0-4071-ADAC-4B713C2AB2BB.jpeg

capercrew02

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep WJ, BMW i3, Red JTR.
Thanks! That definitely answers that question for me. Now that it appears the gladiator Bak x4 has t-slot accessory rails built in I’m torn.

I ended up with a Rugged Ridge hard rolling cover and I am quite happy with it. Here are a couple photos including some close ups of the fabric.

FocoRusty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR Firecracker Red
Kinda sucks you have to remove the trail rail, I was just looking at this cover yesterday. Looks great btw.
Thanks!
I didn't have the trail rail system factory installed, so I just ended up not adding it. Hasn't been an issue for me at all. I've found other ways to secure loads when needed. I may miss having some of the accessories that use the trail rail system for anchoring (like the molle panels I've seen out there), but so far have no regrets.

jimbom

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 6-Speed Rubicon Gator Gladiator, 2015 Infiniti Q60 6-Speed Sport Coupe (wife's, really), 2003 5-speed Honda Civic Coupe, 1960-something Jeep Gladiator (Matchbox)
... it appears the gladiator Bak x4 has t-slot accessory rails built in ...

What's that about and where did you learn about it?

I have an X4 on order and I see no mention of T-slots. And my understanding is it clamps on like all the Bakflips.

Sponsored

capercrew02

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you look at the two that have been installed and posted here, they both show the rails. Head over to the slow and steady overland build thread and you’ll see more pics and the discussion we’ve been having. I also haven’t seen any direct documentation on it, so I’ve reached out to their customer support and waiting back on answers.

jimbom

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 6-Speed Rubicon Gator Gladiator, 2015 Infiniti Q60 6-Speed Sport Coupe (wife's, really), 2003 5-speed Honda Civic Coupe, 1960-something Jeep Gladiator (Matchbox)
If you look at the two that have been installed and posted here, they both show the rails. Head over to the slow and steady overland build thread and you’ll see more pics and the discussion we’ve been having. I also haven’t seen any direct documentation on it, so I’ve reached out to their customer support and waiting back on answers.[/QUOTE
:(
Thanks, I joined the discussion over there.

mtpilatus

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting Gray Gladiator Rubicon

I bought the Rugged Ridge hard rolling cover and am trying to figure out where the foam block goes. Any help would be appreciated.

OP
OP
Rubinator919

Rubinator919

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
I bought the Rugged Ridge hard rolling cover and am trying to figure out where the foam block goes. Any help would be appreciated.
The foam blocks... You mean the instructions for these was insufficient??!??

Haha... Here’s where my foam blocks are right now.

1AB81E42-3E7C-4873-9D7E-E02234EBB39C.jpeg

mtpilatus

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting Gray Gladiator Rubicon
I put them in the corner where I thought it made sense. Other than the poor instructions, I really like the cover.

Sponsored

capercrew02

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’ve had my Bak x4 revolver for a week now. I’m very happy with the quality, fit, finish, and especially like the rail. I got confirmation from Bak that the rail is standard for the gladiator, and is designed as an accessory t-slot for cross bar rails such as roof racks. Unfortunately with the way it rolls you won’t be able to have most racks on, and still roll the cover up, but I’ll be ordering rhino rack crossbars to use on the cover for additional storage.

7733AC3E-2A6B-42F5-9429-E4C034361A9D.jpeg

tfinnell

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Red Rubicon Recon edition, 2020 JT White Rubicon, '67 Corvette
My factory installed roll-up cover flaps in the wind, very loose side to side and water puddles between the crossbars when it rains. My dealer says it is working as designed????? Definitely go with an after market cover, the OEM cover is definitely not worth the $500 cost.

HermosaBeachBum

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Grand Cherokee
They are pricey but I went with the Rugged Ridge Armis Hard Rolling cover. It is hard like a tri-fold but rolls up like a soft cover. I have had the tri-folds in the past on full size trucks but I rarely had to fold them to the vertical position which blocks your rear view mirror. With the JT's smaller bed I figured it would have to be folded up vertically more often. So far glad I went with this cover. The whole cover also easily removes with two tabs if you need the entire bed.
With it closed, what's the vertical clearance inside? Is that with a spray-in bedliner?

HermosaBeachBum

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Grand Cherokee
Update, just took my baby to the car wash bay last night. Barely a couple drops in there after a very thorough pressure washing. There's a couple little seals at the corner of the tailgates i suspect once time takes them out of my life i'll get some leak on those corners if i don't try to replace, probably what i noticed on my ram one. It let in a bit after five years i probably didn't notice when i lost those two little pieces of rubber. access cover lorado
When closed, how much clearance do you have between the bed and the bottom of the Lorado? I like the "low profile" but wonder how much it affects the vertical clearance? And is that with a spray-in bedliner?

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
My factory installed roll-up cover flaps in the wind, very loose side to side and water puddles between the crossbars when it rains. My dealer says it is working as designed????? Definitely go with an after market cover, the OEM cover is definitely not worth the $500 cost.
That's your opinion. The factory tonneau cover is great! And for $500 it's well worth it - it does what it's supposed to do - keeps your stuff hidden, it's pretty damn secure and it looks good.

If you like a different type or brand buy it. I've had many different bed covers (my Raptor has a Roll-N-Lock retractable cover that's great but it's waaaay more $$$). I've had Bakflips and hard shell covers too. This tonneau is really a good product :)
Sponsored