Rust speckles all over side of white truck

OP
OP
steffen707

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
OP
OP
steffen707

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
Correct. All outstanding products, and most are ones I use on every vehicle I detail.
OH sweet, pro tips from a pro. I'll load up a few goodies and give them to my wife as a late valentines day gift. :CWL:

Sponsored

Blknblu

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Viper, 1968 Coronet R/T, 2011 Mopar 11. 2020 Gladiator Overland
Vehicle Showcase
All cars shipped by Railroad are suspect of having rail dust on them. Depending on weather when shipping it can stick more than other days. Simple clay bar should remove most of it.

Bruce

OP
OP
steffen707

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All cars shipped by Railroad are suspect of having rail dust on them. Depending on weather when shipping it can stick more than other days. Simple clay bar should remove most of it.

Bruce
That might be, but this appeared like 5 months after ownership.

Topher9545

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Xj
The brake dust comes is created when you brake. This comes into the air while you're driving. The hot brake dust burns a pin hole through the clear coat/paint and when moisture hits it makes a tiny bit of rust which bleeds onto the paint. Happens on all vehicles especially with semi metallic brake pads however you only notice it on white vehicles. I've battled this forever on my white Ram (which is is 18 years old so no fresh "rail dust" :CWL:) clay bar will take those right out with lots of elbow grease!

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator, 2020 VW Atlas R Line
Tiny rust particles is a common issue on all white vehicles. In order to prevent it you have to
1. clay bar the vehicle
2.wash the vehicle with decontamination soap
3, Light polish
4. Seal with a wax that has ceramic in it. Ones that are highly recommended are

, the last coat
, chemical guys Hydro slick
, turtle wax ceramic wax (good and affordable)

5, reapply the wax every 3 months. These are easy to apply and take off.

note; the last coat and turtle wax can be applied to plastic, glass and metal.

Sponsored

Larry Dole

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 Rubicon
Occupation
Service Manager
There is a product call Nano-Shock that makes this really easy to remove. It is a microfiber rag with clay impregnated into it along with a spray bottle of lubricant cleaner. It cuts time required to do a vehicle by about 80 percent. Lots of people call this rail dust but is all kinds of contaminants from brake debris to calcium products applied to winter roads. Rail dust normally settles on the horizontal surfaces of vehicles transported by rail. This is not a defect in the vehicle but normal required vehicle maintenance.

OP
OP
steffen707

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
There is a product call Nano-Shock that makes this really easy to remove. It is a microfiber rag with clay impregnated into it along with a spray bottle of lubricant cleaner. It cuts time required to do a vehicle by about 80 percent. Lots of people call this rail dust but is all kinds of contaminants from brake debris to calcium products applied to winter roads. Rail dust normally settles on the horizontal surfaces of vehicles transported by rail. This is not a defect in the vehicle but normal required vehicle maintenance.
is this the stuff you're talking about? https://www.nanoskinusa.com/products/nano-shock-spray-lubricant-sealant
Sponsored