Sponsored

Diesel Gladiator release?

biodiesel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel
We got the Jeep high-5 or whatever it’s called = 2 free oil changes. maybe by the time we use those up, they will have approved Rotella again...
Keep in mind that MS-12991 is neither a certification nor an approval and there are no rules for what a vendor must do to meet a specification aside from simply meeting that specification. "Chrysler does own the MS-12991 standard, because they created it to ensure that owners use a minimum oil quality in their vehicles. Note, minimum. There are products out there that will outperform that standard."

I'm planning to use Amsoil. And according to Amsoil, the 5W-40 EFM is the only oil they recommend that meets and exceeds the gen. III EcoDiesel specs. Who knows when I'll get the truck, but I will post my UOA results.
Sponsored

Oilburner

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 Scrambler, 1969 Wagoneer, 2022 JTR Ecodiesel
Good info - Thanks! :captain:

biodiesel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel
Good info - Thanks! :captain:
Hopefully by July, we'll have a better idea of what people are using for engine oil. And maybe there will be a few UOA reports out there by then.

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
We got the Jeep high-5 or whatever it’s called = 2 free oil changes. maybe by the time we use those up, they will have approved Rotella again...
I doubt they'll ever go backward in oil approval for the Gen 3 engine. As you know, with the massive Gen 2 issues they've had and are still to this day fighting with, the MAIN goal for Gen 3 was to prevent issues with the emissions system and that's apparently why they switched to the new high tech Euro oils.

Since you went Jeep instead of Ram to get into the new diesel, make sure you take advantage of all those free oil changes! That's a great value on the diesel...worth $1,000 at my dealers here locally.

Gymguy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Hydro Blue Unlimited Rubicon
Has anyone heard any more about when the diesel will be released? A ton of the diesel JL's showing up on lots now.

biodiesel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel
Has anyone heard any more about when the diesel will be released? A ton of the diesel JL's showing up on lots now.
April was the original release timeline, but that was before the mandatory two week shutdown. We'll see what happens when Jeep gets back to production.
Sponsored