Factory trail camera install?

DVC

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
I have a Rubicon with LEDs, and adaptive cruise/crash avoidance, blind spot monitoring, etc...lemme know if there's anything I can check on that will help with your research. Looking forward to getting this sorted out and installing the trail cam on my JT as well!
Sponsored

Last edited:

dstephns

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon, 1966 Sunbeam Tiger
Ok, I pulled the plastic cover off of the rear drivers side bulkhead and I am assuming I have the CVPM but only has the one cable coming out - see photo. As one can see just the one cable (appears to have 3 wires bundled into the plug small grey black, orange/white, and I think solid orange)
My Rubicon specs are: Full LED light package, 8.4 premium Alpine LCD screen/ radio, and just plain old cruise control. Wonder what the other cables are
for on the earlier pics. Hope this helps.
Edit: Wait is the photo of the CVPM or something else? I was assuming earlier that the photo is of the CVPM but I may need to be corrected.LOL!
Dave

IMG_0066.jpg

Last edited:
First Name
Dwayne Turner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
How much out the door for the ZAutomotive foward trail cam?

Can you post a link?
  1. Friday 20th of March 2020, 11:56am

Jeep Wrangler JL Front Camera (JL Camera Kit EZ) x 1 shipped via USPS on March 20, 2020
Order details
PRODUCT TOTAL
Jeep Wrangler JL Front Camera × 1 $179.95
Subtotal: $179.95
Discount: -$17.99
Shipping: $8.95 via Flat Rate Shipping Fee
Total: $170.91

bryanklay

First Name
bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 ford bronco, 2020 jeep gladiator overland
Occupation
Retired C-141/C-130 FE. now, 9th grade math instr
Dstephns
do you have the blind spot monitoring system? also, i am jealous in that you have a sunbeam tiger. that is one of my dream cars.
Bryan

dstephns

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dstephns
do you have the blind spot monitoring system? also, i am jealous in that you have a sunbeam tiger. that is one of my dream cars.
Bryan
Hi Bryan!
No, my Rubicon does not have the blind spot monitoring system. The tiger is a great little car, lots of
fun! It is a 1966 MK1A (can't afford a MK2) I've owned it about 6 years now. Had to do a little work on it to get it where its at. It is authenticated.
Here is a pic of my car.
_DSC2440s.jpg

Sponsored

bryanklay

First Name
bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
that is an awesome car. i am an old car person. i have a 1972 mercedes benz 350 sl roadster and a 1969 ford galaxie xl gt convert and my students always ask what is my dream car and i tell them the sunbeam tiger because it was the car that Maxwell Smart drove for Get Smart. as to your gladiator. that makes sense because my overland has three connectors to the can bus and one is from the main assembly and the other two are for the blnd spot monitoring system. the short answer is that you do not have the CVPM in your vehicle because the wiring is not there. i am sorry.
bryan

dstephns

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
that is an awesome car. i am an old car person. i have a 1972 mercedes benz 350 sl roadster and a 1969 ford galaxie xl gt convert and my students always ask what is my dream car and i tell them the sunbeam tiger because it was the car that Maxwell Smart drove for Get Smart. as to your gladiator. that makes sense because my overland has three connectors to the can bus and one is from the main assembly and the other two are for the blnd spot monitoring system. the short answer is that you do not have the CVPM in your vehicle because the wiring is not there. i am sorry.
bryan
No problem Bryan. thanks for the information! Looks like you have your handsful with those two classics! LOL! They are fun, and now that we are having to spend more time at home they give us something to tinker with along with our JT's Take care and stay safe!
Dave

OP
OP
mtpilatus

mtpilatus

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting Gray Gladiator Rubicon
Has anyone ordered/received the off road camera?

OP
OP
mtpilatus

mtpilatus

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
And this may be the washer pump
Washer, Windshield Pump - Mopar (68310928AA)

OP
OP
mtpilatus

mtpilatus

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ok some more research today...

the video processor seems to be for the ADAS system or forward collision system. I deduced this by looking at the descriptions. The trail cam is called off-road camera. The adas stuff is called forward camera. So we may not need the processor after all. I wasn’t able to dismantle my washer bottle today. I did poke around and don’t see any harnesses for the camera. Anyone know where they may be? My Jeep has the LED package.

B38BFBCC-4E7F-4ABF-B227-38CD5EC43DC1.png

7AE20E59-69F1-4AB7-8795-C07F6AF7F4CF.png

159F30EA-EC8C-42D5-8C7F-9415963D0EC7.jpeg

DC68F657-FD1E-4455-BA23-C6B057EEB863.jpeg
Any further along in the process?

Sponsored

bryanklay

First Name
bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
i have an update on my project to install the off road camera in my jeep overland. first off the question about the processor. the brain for the camera system is the Central Video Processor Module (CVPM). this module has the off road camera input and the rear camera input. the output signal goes to the radio. there are two more inputs for left and right cameras you can install as well. i ordered the camera, the wring from the camera to the left headlight. from there the video cable is part of the headlight to dash wiring. this harness i did not order. i am still working on obtaining a possible substitute for this cable. the CVPM is mounted to the back wall of the cab and the wiring is in-bedded in the interior body wiring harness. i did purchase that wiring harness. the reason that i ordered that was because the wiring diagram shows the can bus wiring for the CVPM comes from the can buss on the left rear side of the cab. i stripped the wiring harness in order to obtain only the wiring that i needed for this project. this included the video cables, can buss wiring and the power for the CVPM. i have included a wiring diagram for your use. i will have pictures this weekend of where the CVPM goes and how you can tell if the wiring is installed as well as pictures of the project. as to the windshield washer portion of this project, i am already working on this project and what parts i have to order. i will tell you this, so far the cost is over 1000 dollars. my jeep just like my harley and old cars, likes my money. change that loves my money.

from the technical manual.
The Central Vision Processing Module (CVPM) (1) generates the view in the Front View Camera (FVC) and the Rear View Camera (RVC) system displays according to inputs received from the two external cameras and driver touch screen inputs. The CVPM combines the video feeds together and outputs it to the display screen. The wiring harness connector to the CVPM includes the power and the video feed connections.
The CVPM is located on the rear cabin wall. and has an image output resolution is 1024 x 768 pixels and the radio supports an aspect ration of 4:3.

Attachments

OP
OP
mtpilatus

mtpilatus

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
i have an update on my project to install the off road camera in my jeep overland. first off the question about the processor. the brain for the camera system is the Central Video Processor Module (CVPM). this module has the off road camera input and the rear camera input. the output signal goes to the radio. there are two more inputs for left and right cameras you can install as well. i ordered the camera, the wring from the camera to the left headlight. from there the video cable is part of the headlight to dash wiring. this harness i did not order. i am still working on obtaining a possible substitute for this cable. the CVPM is mounted to the back wall of the cab and the wiring is in-bedded in the interior body wiring harness. i did purchase that wiring harness. the reason that i ordered that was because the wiring diagram shows the can bus wiring for the CVPM comes from the can buss on the left rear side of the cab. i stripped the wiring harness in order to obtain only the wiring that i needed for this project. this included the video cables, can buss wiring and the power for the CVPM. i have included a wiring diagram for your use. i will have pictures this weekend of where the CVPM goes and how you can tell if the wiring is installed as well as pictures of the project. as to the windshield washer portion of this project, i am already working on this project and what parts i have to order. i will tell you this, so far the cost is over 1000 dollars. my jeep just like my harley and old cars, likes my money. change that loves my money.

from the technical manual.
The Central Vision Processing Module (CVPM) (1) generates the view in the Front View Camera (FVC) and the Rear View Camera (RVC) system displays according to inputs received from the two external cameras and driver touch screen inputs. The CVPM combines the video feeds together and outputs it to the display screen. The wiring harness connector to the CVPM includes the power and the video feed connections.
The CVPM is located on the rear cabin wall. and has an image output resolution is 1024 x 768 pixels and the radio supports an aspect ration of 4:3.
So is the CVPM there with a backup camera? Also, would like to see pics on the trail cam connection port.

bryanklay

First Name
bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
mtpilatus
the answer to your question is no. the rear view camera is wired directly to back of the radio. the CVPM is the go between when two or more cameras are involved. i can have the initial pictures of the install this weekend. my main camera is in my classroom where i can make math videos for my students.

OP
OP
mtpilatus

mtpilatus

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mtpilatus
the answer to your question is no. the rear view camera is wired directly to back of the radio. the CVPM is the go between when two or more cameras are involved. i can have the initial pictures of the install this weekend. my main camera is in my classroom where i can make math videos for my students.
Thanks

scuuuud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2017 Abarth, 2017 WRX, 2009 Ferrari 430 Scuderia
mtpilatus
So what you ordered was the harness and camera? As far as you know is it plug and play or does something need to be activated on the radio? Do you have the harness part number?
Sponsored