Oil cooler and filter relocation

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
I will be installing the Magnuson SC very soon and I have been researching cooling options. I have not been able to find any remote oil coolers for the 3.6L. I guess I am surprised that no one has made a remote oil filter and cooler kit as the stock one seems to be a bit of a problematic part. Is there one and I am just missing it?
Sponsored

ACAD_Cowboy

First Name
Francis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 jkur
In what way is it problematic?

Cartridge filters are a very sorted solution to getting large volumes of "cool" filtered oil circulating. As long as you dont abuse the stick and cap they last a real long time.

OP
OP

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I want to increase the cooling and filter capacity, as I am gonna supercharge it.

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
You probably answered your own question. The problematic nature of the oil cooler and filter housing is also probably why a remote setup is not readily on the aftermarket. The OEM setup and location would require some extensive engineering of an adapter and routing of hoses to another area for a relocation kit to be possible.

The OEM setup on top of the engine is probably one of the worst locations to engineer a remote relocation kit from.

OP
OP

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oh I do not disagree at all. Was looking at it today shaking my head lol.
20200404_220622.jpg
20200404_220616.jpg

Sponsored

ThatStinging_Jeep

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon In Sting Gray
Vehicle Showcase
man id love to know about the oil cooler thing cause im really concerned cause yesterday it was a 93 degree day and i just went to homedepot to buy some things and my son just went to the offroad pages like he always does and i was concerned when i saw since that the oil temp was 217 degrees and the coolant was at 215 and if you were to ask,no i was just doing some normal driving and not being crazy and what not,but yeah guys i just want to know if that its normal but i dont think so imo

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
man id love to know about the oil cooler thing cause im really concerned cause yesterday it was a 93 degree day and i just went to homedepot to buy some things and my son just went to the offroad pages like he always does and i was concerned when i saw since that the oil temp was 217 degrees and the coolant was at 215 and if you were to ask,no i was just doing some normal driving and not being crazy and what not,but yeah guys i just want to know if that its normal but i dont think so imo
Those temps are not unheard. I have on occasion seen mine go as high as 225 degrees on a high 90+ degree weather day in city traffic. One on the highway, it dropped into the low 200's degree range.

@californiajeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator diesel, 1977 cj5 LS swapped
There is likely a oil pressure sending unit to tap into for a external oil cooler. Then I would try to bypass the one in the manifold if you do that. It's more like a oil heater anyways

ThatStinging_Jeep

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon In Sting Gray
Vehicle Showcase
There is likely a oil pressure sending unit to tap into for a external oil cooler. Then I would try to bypass the one in the manifold if you do that. It's more like a oil heater anyways
This might sound dumb but is it were the oil filter thing is at ? cause id love to install a better oil cooler such as one from mishimoto

@californiajeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This might sound dumb but is it were the oil filter thing is at ? cause id love to install a better oil cooler such as one from mishimoto
It is under your intake manifold. It is like an EGR cooler for a diesel I think.

Sponsored

cecaa850

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator 2019 Porsche Macan S 2018 BMW M2
Yes, it's all one assembly. It has coolant and oil passing through it.

OP
OP

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So I was laying under my jeep last night.....we all do that right? Lol. What if a guy fabbed up an oil pan with input and output ports and a small oil pump and cooler. Would cooling sump oil have a big enough affect?

cecaa850

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator 2019 Porsche Macan S 2018 BMW M2
So I was laying under my jeep last night.....we all do that right? Lol. What if a guy fabbed up an oil pan with input and output ports and a small oil pump and cooler. Would cooling sump oil have a big enough affect?
It should help but you'd probably need to add a thermostat and only have it run once the engine is at operating temperature.

OP
OP

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Setrab has a couple oil temp switches I have used for differential oil coolers in track cars. Could do the same here I guess.

@californiajeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Since the oil is cooledb6 coolant the simplest way to lower oil temp would be to reprogram the vehicle to Target a lower coolant temp. Turn the fans on sooner and for longer and open the tstat earlier.
Sponsored