Why can't I install my spacers?

Sespe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport S
Occupation
Retired Firefighter
During my last time off I tried installing my Daystar spacers. I propped up the frame on stands and took the wheels off. The instructions say to unbolt the rear shock and sway bar, no problem. But even with the rear axle hanging in midair, I cannot get it drop enough to move the springs. What am I missing? The instructions imply that it will drop low enough that I have to be careful about the brake lines and wiring, but they never get close to full extension.

I'm at work now and can't take pictures, but what step am I missing? I really don't want to use spring compressors if I don't have to.
Sponsored

Thed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 MX-5 Miata, '01 Rodeo, '96 Ranger, '17 Ducati Supersport
Problem: The tension in the bushings are keeping it from lowering down any further.

Solution: Push that mother down.

Buck1ze

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GCM Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Loosen the track bar and the control arm bolts. Tighten them back after you put the Jeep back on the ground.
Just take care when lowering the axle that you don’t over flex the drive shaft at the pinion. It will go much easier if you remove the rear calipers and hang them from the frame with a bungee cord or wire. Have fun torquing those control arm bolts!!!

OP
OP
Sespe

Sespe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport S
Occupation
Retired Firefighter
Problem: The tension in the bushings are keeping it from lowering down any further.

Solution: Push that mother down.
Thanks to everybody that replied. "Push that mother down" was all that was needed. For the rear, I pulled the bump stop and put a wood spacer in its place, then used scissor jack to push the axle down. The 2nd side went easier, and the fronts were no problem.

Definitely more level now.

new%2Blift.png

Sponsored

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Another thing that I have done in other Jeep's is lift other side of axle, it's gave me the space to pull out coil spring on other side to add a spacer. This assist works best after swaybar is disconnected. Not of help to you now but someone else might need it to help.:)

@californiajeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator diesel, 1977 cj5 LS swapped
So did this lift the front .75" or the front and rear? I ordered the same kit just to add some lift without needing any adjustable track bars or anything expensive.
Sponsored