Topless with a bed rack

TPiz

First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon, 2019 JL Rubicon
Anyone got a shot of their ride topless (and doorless) with a chase rack or a full bed rack? I'm thinking of going without my windshield lighting and moving it to a rack so I can drop the shield down at the beach.
Sponsored

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
Anyone got a shot of their ride topless (and doorless) with a chase rack or a full bed rack? I'm thinking of going without my windshield lighting and moving it to a rack so I can drop the shield down at the beach.
Can't speak from the rack perspective, but I say do it. Folding the windshield down is worth it and easy to do. After doing it a few times I am hooked.

DiscoDino

First Name
Nadim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator, 1991 Land Rover Defender, 1983 Land Rover Defender, 2015 Mercedes G Wagon
Here's the best picture I have with my custom rack

Screen Shot 2020-04-05 at 1.12.09 PM.png

OP
OP
TPiz

TPiz

First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon, 2019 JL Rubicon
Here's the best picture I have with my custom rack

Screen Shot 2020-04-05 at 1.12.09 PM.png
Looks good. I wanted to see if it looks out of place to have a rack with the top off. But it looks good.

Sponsored

misone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Max Tow
I have been looking for a picture of the @RebelOffRoad half or full rack with the top off. Extra points if the headache rack is installed!

Kirkfukstik

First Name
sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jeep gladiator rubicon
Occupation
dispatcher
Tyger has a sport bar and a couple tonneau's that work with it i believe. A soft roll up and a hard tri-fold. My concern is the large gap between the roll bars and the sport bar when the top is off. Took this pic from another thread, and no offense to this dude, but i don't think it looks great. I'm looking for a more forward standing sport rack that'd hug closer to the hard top when it's attached. if anyone know of anything let me know! I live in texas and i go topless for about 5 months a year. I'm wanting that marty mcfly look

back to the future.jpg

gladiator.jpeg

silverandscout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Mojave
Ive wanted that look for far too long myself.....That's about perfect.
This picture is from an old Ford catalog, but I had almost the exact same truck in Mocha Frost (Champagne) with KC Daylighters back in 1994-1998. I had about 2" of lift and 31" BFGs on it. 4.0L 5spd. Back then we didn't have cameras in our pocket every day, in fact I don't think I owned a camera for several more years, so I never got pics after it was all dolled up. Anyway, I always liked the sport-bar look even though it impacted utility.

When I saw pictures of the Jeep Scrambler Concept in 2019, I was weak in the knees.

I'm awaiting delivery of my 21' Gladiator any day now. I'll give it a little time and consideration once I have it in the garage, but I will likely take it to a local fabrication shop to see what he can make for me. I've not been thrilled with the sport bar options I've seen on the market, even the very expensive ones. There are some awesome racks out there, of course, depending on what you are going for, so I am considering those too. And I agree with the OP that what it looks like with the top and doors off is kind of important - this is mostly a toy for me, after all.

Negatives I've heard are whistling noise at highway speed, negatively impacted fuel economy, and too far back (because of crew cab) to provide much light. None of these factors matter to me, honestly.

Glad I'm not the only Gladiator lover who likes lights on a sport bar or bed rack!

Jeep Gladiator Topless with a bed rack ford_ranger_stx_regular_cab_007e000015d31048

Sponsored

Tim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Jeep Gladiator Topless with a bed rack EA3E7873-3E4A-4120-8E24-4F8999AC1709
Jeep Gladiator Topless with a bed rack 59F57641-16B3-40B4-8E39-A8CD3CCF7492
Jeep Gladiator Topless with a bed rack 655AEF30-BC6C-4003-8289-917D397E3183

jn18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GLS63, 2020 AMG GTR Pro, 2021 GT500
No. A new sound system and Disney took over my budget this year.
Thanks for the reply. I am on the fence of a bed rack. I want to run with the top off most of the time and am curious how that'll be.

TheSolarWizard

First Name
Memphis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.0 JT
Occupation
Solar & EV infrastructure
Tyger has a sport bar and a couple tonneau's that work with it i believe. A soft roll up and a hard tri-fold. My concern is the large gap between the roll bars and the sport bar when the top is off. Took this pic from another thread, and no offense to this dude, but i don't think it looks great. I'm looking for a more forward standing sport rack that'd hug closer to the hard top when it's attached. if anyone know of anything let me know! I live in texas and i go topless for about 5 months a year. I'm wanting that marty mcfly look

Jeep Gladiator Topless with a bed rack 655AEF30-BC6C-4003-8289-917D397E3183

I wish the JT was available with a baby xcab like this
Sponsored