Dynomax muffler delete

Sinister_JTR

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
does anyone know if the JL dynomax muffler delete will fit the JT?
Or if they make one specifically for the JT?
Have not been able to find one yet.
Search YouTube for JL dynomax muffler delete to hear sound clips.
Sponsored

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD
Occupation
Jeep
The dynomax for the JL wouldn't work for the JT because the exhaust is one piece on the JT. On the JL there is a exhaust connection over the rear axle that the delete pipe connects to.
If they make one for the JT if would involve cutting rather than a simple bolt on.

brancky3

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gladiator Sport S
The dynomax for the JL wouldn't work for the JT because the exhaust is one piece on the JT. On the JL there is a exhaust connection over the rear axle that the delete pipe connects to.
If they make one for the JT if would involve cutting rather than a simple bolt on.
All it would take is a pipe cutter ($35), and exhaust band clamp ($10), and a short run of exhaust pipe ($10) and you could make your own very easily. And, it would be reversible since you could use the band clamp and put your stock muffler back on.

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD
Occupation
Jeep
All it would take is a pipe cutter ($35), and exhaust band clamp ($10), and a short run of exhaust pipe ($10) and you could make your own very easily. And, it would be reversible since you could use the band clamp and put your stock muffler back on.
I agree it can be done, just not as simple as bolting on a pipe and using a pre-existing hanger. Before the dynomax delete came out on the JL I always cut the factory piping off the muffler and welded the two pieces together to make my own(It still bolted on with the factory clamp afterwards. ) But for <$100 the dynomax was a no brainer because if the person didn't like the sound they could easily go back to stock.

If anyone in the Houston area wants a free exhaust to play with they are welcome to pick up the one that was on my Gladiator. I wanted to keep it to toy around with myself, but it's just too damn big to have laying around the shop. :beer:

brancky3

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gladiator Sport S
But for <$100 the dynomax was a no brainer because if the person didn't like the sound they could easily go back to stock.
New to Jeeps... <$100 is a great price that I would definitely pay before putting something together myself. A couple cars ago I had an Audi S3 - the factory 'resonator delete' option was like $225 and they literally just cut the pipes before and after the resonator and used band clamps to put a straight (slightly bent) pipe in place of it.