Sponsored

Sport S Max Two - 1,200 and 11,000 miles pictures

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Sport S Max Tow; Honda Element
So I took some photos of my JT when it was just over 1,200 miles. For the 10,000 mile celebration I took her off-roading for the first time on actual trails (known as the Daniel Boone Backcountry Byway here in Kentucky's Daniel Boone National Forest). The trails were mostly gravel but there were some good stretches, up and down mountainsides, that were rocks with rock ruts, mud roads with deep ruts to one side and curves to boot, or just plain old creek crossings of 20-30" after a week or two of no rain. The JT did fine and went everywhere a friend's built up 4Runner went (well, a couple places it COULD have gone where I disinclined to get so much scraping done for a dead-end trail section with the JT being only 5 months old).

I went again at 11,000 miles (the next week) to observe the recovery of another 4Runner that had been left there for a week (trail washed out on a kid and it rained every day for a week after, making recovery impossible for 2 weeks).

Pics below. If they are taking too many site resources let me know and I'll try to find a hosting site

Pics of the trails and recovery. Pics of the 1,200 mileage and 11,000 mileage in the following posts

ETA: Washing my truck involved at least once rolling it up on ramps, first front then back, laying on the ground, and power washing underneath, especially the wheel areas.

ETA: prior to this the only "off roading" I had done was going up dirt roads up mountain sides. Old logging paths and strip mines. Nothing with ruts or things to climb over, places an F150 or Toyota Highlander had been able to go when dry.

IMG_0773.png

IMG_0775.JPG

IMG_0612.JPG

View attachment 71283

IMG_0623.JPG

IMG_0641.JPG

IMG_0617.JPG
Sponsored

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0
Last edited:
OP
OP
PyrPatriot

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1,200 miles. The pictures won't match up ideally to the 11,000 mileage photos because I didn't think of using ramps to get better clearance and crawl under more until later. That and I used an old iPhone 7 vs an 11 Pro Max.

Pictures go front to back, essentially
IMG_7197.JPG
IMG_7202.JPG
IMG_7213.JPG
IMG_7214.JPG
IMG_7067.JPG
IMG_7071.JPG
IMG_7077.JPG
IMG_7083.JPG
IMG_7090.JPG
IMG_7098.JPG
IMG_7155.JPG

IMG_7163.JPG

IMG_7173.JPG

IMG_7176.JPG

IMG_7177.JPG

Reactions: JAY
OP
OP
PyrPatriot

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Before I went off-roading, probably a couple weeks before, I went through some mud. Not deep, mind you, but about 3 inches thick of muck after the river flooded and I got to drive through a parking lot. Mud covered my JT from bottom to on my roof and I spent 5 car washes (4 by hand) washing it all off.

Here is the vehicle after the 2 off-roading trips at just over 11,000 miles

As you can see, even after numerous washings, including the engine bay, there was still dirt/mu everywhere. But, it's a Jeep, it's bound to happen if you use it as intended :rock::jk::rock:

IMG_0899.JPG

IMG_0910.JPG

IMG_0913.JPG

IMG_0914.JPG

IMG_0934.JPG

IMG_0956.JPG

IMG_1030.JPG

IMG_1044.JPG

IMG_1049.JPG

IMG_1068.JPG

IMG_1077.JPG

IMG_1106.JPG

IMG_1168.JPG

IMG_1182.JPG

IMG_1226.JPG

IMG_1238.JPG

IMG_1245.JPG

IMG_1265.JPG

IMG_1301.JPG

IMG_1314.JPG

IMG_1340.JPG

IMG_1391.JPG

IMG_1409.JPG

IMG_1437.JPG

IMG_1446.JPG

IMG_1451.JPG

OP
OP
PyrPatriot

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A final thing to add is I found diples/breaks in the front and rear pumpkin. Almost looked like impact breaks but via a punch of some sort. One on either side towards the axles. I don't have any good photos of them at 1200 miles except for the first two below. The ones from the 11,000mi check show them better

I am inclined not to worry, since there are two on the rear pumpkin and one on the front.

IMG_7077.JPG

IMG_7144.JPG

IMG_1272.JPG

IMG_1273.JPG

IMG_1275.JPG

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Nice vid and photos.
Side note....
Does everyone J....A..that gets stuck think that when they are being pulled out they have to see how fast they can spin the tires. I've had to many close calls pulling J... A.... out and them doing that. :angry:Or getting my damn straps ran over or wrapped around tires and the like distroying them. Another reason I like using my winch and snatch blocks if they get stupid they are going in to a tree or something like that.;)

Sponsored

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I've almost been ran in to, ran over and a few straps F... up. I've almost flipped a vehicle over that was about to hit mine and dragged a few around after doing that.... Not in a nice way:devil: last spring was helping a J... A.. out and he trashed my strap then was trying to give it back. I told him keep it and don't ever expect help from me again. I thought about ripping the front end out of his truck when he did it. Another reason to have a rack on my LJ and I keep a drop hitch on JT. Not many people want to hit them.

OP
OP
PyrPatriot

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've almost been ran in to, ran over and a few straps F... up. I've almost flipped a vehicle over that was about to hit mine and dragged a few around after doing that.... Not in a nice way:devil: last spring was helping a J... A.. out and he trashed my strap then was trying to give it back. I told him keep it and don't ever expect help from me again. I thought about ripping the front end out of his truck when he did it. Another reason to have a rack on my LJ and I keep a drop hitch on JT. Not many people want to hit them.
a local down there told me how someone ran over his arm and broke it, leaving him laid up for 3 months, during a recovery

sass JT

Banned
Banned
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
MWD
Those dimples you pointed out on your axle... those are weld points for your axle tubes to your differential housing... nothing to worry about unless they are broken.

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
That place looks pretty awesome. I'm not a serious rock crawling over roader but trails like that I can appreciate. I got a buddy who makes a annual trip up that way every year, I may join him and go check that trail out. Kudos on the pictures and videos.

Sponsored

OP
OP
PyrPatriot

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have hundreds of pics from the 11,000 mi point. Got my camera to look at everything I could, zoomed to see deeper up into the vehicle. Not perfect shots, and I was in a sleevless shirt squirming backwards for the pics. Next time I will try to have it lifted and use a roller. But, if there are any parts you all want to see, let me know and I probably have them.

Next step will be to go to the carwash and use the hose while I am actually under the vehicle (not power washing but probably the spot free rinse option to get at all the grimy parts around cables)

TheITGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E, 2021 Toyota Rav4 Limit
WTF happened to that 4Runner? Looks like some kids came along with baseball bats while it was waiting for recovery...

OP
OP
PyrPatriot

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WTF happened to that 4Runner? Looks like some kids came along with baseball bats while it was waiting for recovery...
that is exactly what happened. Could be adults. Local leading the recovery said he was surprised it wasnt set on fire or pushed into the creek.

the 4Runner DID run. It was stuck in 4WD and had mismatchng wheels/tires (33s on passenger side and the smaller, OEM on driver side). It made it through a deep water crossing (just under 30” I would say), over ruts, and made it almost all the way up the rocky rut section in the video I posted. Had to be pulled for a short distance through the hardest part it looks like. It did really well.

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
a local down there told me how someone ran over his arm and broke it, leaving him laid up for 3 months, during a recovery
I've seen a quite a few messed up things like that and Dumb Asses tie knots in straps alot of stupid. A big reason I don't like kinetic recovery's... I can only really see a need for rapidly recovery in limited situations people are shooting at you, floodings and things like that. To many people rush doing a recovery and it happens, like their in a hurry to get some where...:facepalm: I look at recovery as part of off-roading then doing a good clean recovery adds to the point of trip.
I really don't understand why the hell people have to be A.. h... and distroy other people stuff.... Part of the failing of this country, just like the A.. clowns that spray paint building and the like. A reason I was happy to see that kid get caned overseas after keying some cars..:like::like::like:
Sponsored