Difference between Sport S and Rubicon Suspension

DylanR

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
@sarguy1941 so what so you think the benefit of the fox shocks are with your set up now over the stock max tow sport shocks? You added the 2.0 rubi shocks correct? I am thinking of doing the same set up.
Sponsored

sarguy1941

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
I have no data to support which is better but liked the look of the shocks and after buying the stuff left them on. The FOX shocks just look nicer. I kept the rubi springs in case i want to do something in the future (as well as the stock shocks).

sarguy1941

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
As said above the issue i had was the rubi springs felt too spongy bouncy for my liking. For the wife to notice that on her first ride was a a clue. She didn't like the ride nor did i. On highway it was fine but we live in rural SW VA and the windy bouncy mountain roads showed the ride change very quickly. The stock springs with the spacer ride as it did when i drove it home from the dealer. I do not notice the shock difference but I also dont drive it daily as my wife does.

Mkcagle

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT Gladiator Sport S w/max tow
After reading this thread still trying to develop a general consensus. Should I go with the entire Rubicon take offs, just the springs and shocks or just the shocks. I have a Sport S w/max tow and Rubi take off 33 ps wheels and tires.

Sponsored

DylanR

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Are you actually going to tow with it? If so how much? Seems I have learned all the components are the same except the springs and shocks...

sarguy1941

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
If your going to tow leave the stock springs. I think if you have a JT with non max tow, or tow in general the rubi take of stuff is great.

CroweGladiator

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
My sport s has the cheaper tow package, can’t sleep at night knowing I missed the max tow package, I just saw tow package on the window sticker and thought it was good to go. Wrong!
I feel your pain. I did the exact same thing! In my defense they switch me to a new Jeep last minute and I just saw that it had the tow package and thought I was good to go.

snickersbob

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
They think the Rubicon springs are 1" taller too.
I just changed my springs from a sport with rubicons, rubicon springs were both 1/2” shorter than my sport but must be stiffer, gave about 3/4” is all but rides better, I put springs, shocks, and tires, got almost 1 1/2” total

Teghogh

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
so im having an issue with the rubicon suspension swap on my sport s. i put the 68341451ac on driver rear and 450ac on passenger. i noticed a banging noise coming from driver rear side as i go over bumps. got under the car and had my friend push the car up and down and noticed that the noise is the result of the second ring from the top coming in contact with the first ring of the spring as the spring is compressed. i dont have this issue on the passenger side. i put a piece of cardboard between the two rings to see if this is the root cause and sure enough the noise has gone away. i know someone mentioned that the lower number should go on the driver side and higher number on the pasenger side and im wondering if this is the issue?
any help would be appreciated

Sponsored

Squidly

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT, 2006 LJ
After reading through 9 pages of this thread, the question I have is: How well does a Rubicon tow? So if putting in the Rubi shocks and springs in a JT Sport S (no max tow) might raise it up a bit, does the ass end squat more or less with the Rubi take-offs? I'm assuming less squat and more planted feel than a Sport S without max tow. OR, are spring bags a better option to towing with the Sport S ?

Thedude42

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator sport S
Have a sport s none max tow. After reading this putting rubi shocks and springs will be a upgrade and all I need is the spring and shocks nothing else correct? I am going to put on skyjacker 2.5 front 1 inch back and was going to get the rubi set up. Is that a good route thoughts?

SgtMajTomahawk

First Name
Lawren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
After reading through 9 pages of this thread, the question I have is: How well does a Rubicon tow? So if putting in the Rubi shocks and springs in a JT Sport S (no max tow) might raise it up a bit, does the ass end squat more or less with the Rubi take-offs? I'm assuming less squat and more planted feel than a Sport S without max tow. OR, are spring bags a better option to towing with the Sport S ?
I tried the Rubi springs for about 2 weeks and then swapped out the stock Max Tow rear springs and have been on those for a couple of weeks. The max tow springs do feel a bit stiffer, but when I had them out side by side they were the exact same height unsprung next to each other. My guess is the max tow springs probably have a different spring weight than the Rubi springs. Rubi springs are designed to give it a little height and soak up stuff off road, which they do.
My advice is if you plan on using your JT for towing and want a slightly stiffer ride in the back then leave the max tow springs in the rear. If you are looking for off road performance and don't care about the extra 600lbs towing capacity then go with the Rubicon springs.

I do notice more of a "Floaty" feel with the Rubicon springs, but the max tow springs aren't far behind either. Jeeps in general ride soft and "Float" on the road it's the nature of the beast, but now we have a Jeep Truck and we expect it to ride like a Truck with independent suspension and that's just not the case. Not much has changed underneath these Jeeps. Still has bars and links trying to hold a solid axle straight.
The more I drive my JT the more I get used to it and I forget what my F150 felt like. lol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
If I need to tow something heavier than 6,000 lbs, I’ll fire up the Cummins...It will snatch the world around without even breaking a sweat. :like:

AZGladiator

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
I have a Sport S with the regular tow package and was going to put on Rubicon shocks/coils but I'm reading that the Rubicon coils are kind of spongy. Do you think they will be stiffer than the non max-tow coils? I think the current stock setup is too soft and I like a little stiffer ride. I will be towing my RZR around but will probably never tow over 3k lbs
Sponsored