Left Ambient Light knob not working

wannajeep

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
6sp JTR
"When these parts were made, they failed to solder in the second led and not catch the cost (cutting) measure by their vendor or maybe a duality assurance fail.
This seems like a rush to judgment. Isn't it reasonable to assume Jeep has vetted its vendors and trusts them to do their jobs? Some amount of quality assurance is good practice, and Jeep does that. If a company had to double check every piece of work done by a vendor, it would be pointless to hire the vendor. There's nothing to suggest this is a cost cutting measure.

With that out of the way, thanks for the info, details and big clear photos :beer:
Sponsored

OP
OP
Brfertig [HACKED ACCOUNT]
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S on 39's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Tool Man
Possibly. Need a rubicon or maybe an overland to post up part numbers. I may just end up soldering in my own led if it's a lower model. Really sad to see such a small detail left out on the sport s. At least address this in the manual for the knob.

BigRed97

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
I have the highest pkg you can get for these interior lights. I have the convenience grp pkg 24s and the remote start, etc. They missed it plain and simple. Yes, oh my word, I checked every knob. *Slaps forehead. My ambient knob dims my door handles but not the footwell.
Ok, you have a Sport S (that is what 24s PKG signifies). As do I and a lot of other people...and unless I've missed, Wich is possible, in the numerous threads about the left knob (here and the JL side) I haven't seen one sport S with ambient footwell lights...only door handles.

But all the overland a and rubicons get them....soooo, that would lead to it being an added feature on higher level models....

Maybe @JeepCares can let us know...

Good luck with it, hopefully you can figure out the cupholder too

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Tool Man
I renigged on that last statement. I believe this could be a sport s thing. Meaning we didnt get one. So that is my fault for jumping to that conclusion. Jeep has done this before when they cut the switch out of the truck bed for the lights back there. It's in the manual but there is no switch.

My cupholder works great and dims with the dash

Last edited:
OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Tool Man
Voltage is good on both wires so this can be a simple swap of parts. I found one part number for launch edition.

This part number is the one that replaces the passenger side. Cant find the drivers side. But you could buy this part number and swap the boards in the housings.

68346813AB

Sponsored

BigRed97

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
I renigged on that last statement. I believe this could be a sport s thing. Meaning we didnt get one. So that is my fault for jumping to that conclusion. Jeep has done this before when they cut the switch out of the truck bed for the lights back there. It's in the manual but there is no switch.
Yup you reposted while I was typing. No worries

My cupholder works great and dims with the dash
Really? Thats actually surprising. From what I've gathered if the footwell doesn't have the dimming the cupholder does not as well.. including mine.

Ferg

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired College Instructor
Vehicle Showcase
I have the Glad Sport; the left control doesn't do anything in mine.

BigRed97

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
Ok I can NOW CONFIRM that this is not just plugging in dual led lights onplace of the singles for ALL JTs .

I grabbed one from a JL with working ambient footwell lights and unplugged mine...and mine only has a SINGLE light circuit(2 wires)

Some may have the wiring there but some do not

breezytrees

First Name
jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 sting grey gladiator
sport s max tow w/ 7inch display, stock audio, adaptive cruise.

my cup holders dim but my footwells don’t

Sponsored

BigRed97

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
I'd like to know how they handed out dimable courtesy lights at the factory....seems to be all over the place.

Sport S max tow, 5in display...only dimable door handles.
Cup hold fixed light level and no ambient footwell a
@JeepCares ....what's going on...

Higher_Ground

First Name
J. T.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Sport S
Well glad to know I wasn't going crazy thinking it did basically nothing.

Somewhat related question - is there any way to stop the dome lights and bed lights from turning on when you open the doors?

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
Im no electrical expert but im wondering if there is a simple LED light we can just add to the circuit to add the foot well lights to sport models...if the wiring and circuit exists it makes sense to me that it would be possible.

Bonanza

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport S Max Tow Punk'n
Heh, I had this exact thought the other day. Couldn't figure out what the left dial did to save my life.

BigRed97

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
Im no electrical expert but im wondering if there is a simple LED light we can just add to the circuit to add the foot well lights to sport models...if the wiring and circuit exists it makes sense to me that it would be possible.
Literally 4 posts up

Ok I can NOW CONFIRM that this is not just plugging in dual led lights onplace of the singles for ALL JTs .

I grabbed one from a JL with working ambient footwell lights and unplugged mine...and mine only has a SINGLE light circuit(2 wires)

Some may have the wiring there but some do not

SO at least on some, if not all, the circuits aren't there and it's not a simple plug and play deal....would it be hard to add the circuit, No. But at least for me it's not worth the time for footwell lights
Sponsored