Sport S Max Two - 1,200 and 11,000 miles pictures

20HBPJT

First Name
Ariel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
To the OP for this thread. A sincere thank you. I know some do not enjoy so many pictures in one thread however I really enjoy it especially when it is of parts we really do not see unless we are on our backs crawling under this truck. I have saved everyone of your pictures and will start on identifying and marking each component I see as it should look for reference later. Again thank you and please feel free to post more to an enthusiast there is no such thing as too much.
Sponsored

OP
OP
PyrPatriot

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Sport S Max Tow; Honda Element
To the OP for this thread. A sincere thank you. I know some do not enjoy so many pictures in one thread however I really enjoy it especially when it is of parts we really do not see unless we are on our backs crawling under this truck. I have saved everyone of your pictures and will start on identifying and marking each component I see as it should look for reference later. Again thank you and please feel free to post more to an enthusiast there is no such thing as too much.
I refrained from posting more due to wishing to avoid taking up too many site resources. Will try to make a dropbox or google drive folder if I dont find more pertinent pics to add

OP
OP
PyrPatriot

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Can anyone recommend a good cleaner/preserver for the rubbery parts like bushings and boots? Water doesnt seem to cut it

OP
OP
PyrPatriot

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
One thing I noticed and couldnt get a good picture of was that the transmission vent tube is sealed! I followed it all the way up and it is capped. Have not had heating issues yet. Anyone else have a solid cap at the end of their vent tubes?

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
One thing I noticed and couldnt get a good picture of was that the transmission vent tube is sealed! I followed it all the way up and it is capped. Have not had heating issues yet. Anyone else have a solid cap at the end of their vent tubes?
I'm not surprised. FCA says it is a lifetime sealed transmission that needs no service. An open vent would allow the entry of foreign matter.

Sponsored

OP
OP
PyrPatriot

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm not surprised. FCA says it is a lifetime sealed transmission that needs no service. An open vent would allow the entry of foreign matter.
so if the water fording depth is 30” because of the breather tubes, but they are sealed, then what is the limiting factor?

sass JT

Banned
Banned
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
MWD
so if the water fording depth is 30” because of the breather tubes, but they are sealed, then what is the limiting factor?
I’ll answer your question with a question... what makes electricity and is at the top of your motor with a pulley on it? Also... where does air get into the engine???

OP
OP
PyrPatriot

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’ll answer your question with a question... what makes electricity and is at the top of your motor with a pulley on it? Also... where does air get into the engine???
The alternator and air intake are above the 30" mark, by a good 3-5" I'd estimate. Stock OEM tires are 31.5",

sass JT

Banned
Banned
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
MWD
The alternator and air intake are above the 30" mark, by a good 3-5" I'd estimate. Stock OEM tires are 31.5",
Well here is some information for you...

I like the line “However, you should make note that important relays and ECU, within the engine bay, are located at about the height of the wipers. Once the water reaches that level, the engine will be completely submerged and sensors/electronics exposed to the water could be severely damaged.”

link here to the article... https://www.extremeterrain.com/wrangler-jeep-water-fording.html

OP
OP
PyrPatriot

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pics of the rear axle breather tube. It starts on the left hand side and goes ABOVE the tire, meaning it's over 32" with the ones I have.

img_1326-jpg.jpg

img_1328-jpg.jpg

And here we see the breather is capped, doesn't look like a seal.

img_1327-jpg.jpg

At the very least not like the ones from the article linked

wrangler-front-breathe-tube.jpg

More pics of breather tube

Attachments

Sponsored

sass JT

Banned
Banned
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
MWD
So I tried direct messing you but you turned your feature off......... so here I am going to tell you what’s on my mind. :computerrage:

your ... never mind.... I’ll stop giving information out and let everyone suffer till they figure out the information for themselves... do not attempt to ask me anything and I will stop replying to you!

TennesseePA

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Launch Edition, 2008 ES350
Occupation
Physician Assistant
The cap on the breather tube is a cap and not a plug. It still allows the passage of air but limits solid foreign matter from entering.

OP
OP
PyrPatriot

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So I tried direct messing you but you turned your feature off......... so here I am going to tell you what’s on my mind. :computerrage:

your ... never mind.... I’ll stop giving information out and let everyone suffer till they figure out the information for themselves... do not attempt to ask me anything and I will stop replying to you!
I didnt turn any feature off. I have messaged several folks on here and they me.

You had an odd response, I will say. Regardless I wish ya well. Take care

OP
OP
PyrPatriot

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The cap on the breather tube is a cap and not a plug. It still allows the passage of air but limits solid foreign matter from entering.
Oh, so that is a cap with an opening. Seemed to me it was solid to the touch and I couldnt tell there were openings. Thanks!

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver