2023 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon

Weston.cain

First Name
Weston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Overland
I talked to them a little while back (a month or two before all the craziness started) and they did not seem to want to make a deal at all. Maybe the current state has changed their mind.
Yeah who knows, maybe they are willing to work with you now!

OP
OP

DMW727

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Explorer
I was also looking at getting a rubicon, but even with dealer discounts, I think the Sport S with max tow package will be better for me. Couple of things that are steering me away from the rubicon:

- $$ when I would be changing a lot of things (Lift, sliders, full belly skids from Artec). No need to pay for fox shocks, when they would be removed during a quality lift install.
- Front Swaybar Auto disconnect. After doing some research, the auto engage in 4wd past 18mph is a deal breaker for me. I am happy to use manual swaybar disconnects, or even add a curry Anti-rock swaybar one day.
- Lockers. I ready have an ARB dual compressor, so adding actual Air-lockers will only be an extra ~$3000 expense down the road, on my time. I would probably re-gear anyways at this point.

To me it seems like I could get more 'truck' for less money, (Max tow, Aux-switch group, bed liner, cold weather pkg). I hardly saw any rubicons in my area with the Aux-switch group.

Good luck!

Thanks for sharing. Kinda my thoughts exactly. When are you looking to buy and are you going to factory order or buy off the lot?

OP
OP

DMW727

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Explorer
I talked to them a little while back (a month or two before all the craziness started) and they did not seem to want to make a deal at all. Maybe the current state has changed their mind.

That is a nice one! I saw one similar... even the same price point in Houston. I contacted them about the price and the online price didn't include the lift/wheels. They where going to charge extra for those if I wanted them or take it off if I wanted the online price. I'm not saying that's what the OK dealer is doing also... just a trick of the trade a learned recently.

Weston.cain

First Name
Weston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Overland
That is a nice one! I saw one similar... even the same price point in Houston. I contacted them about the price and the online price didn't include the lift/wheels. They where going to charge extra for those if I wanted them or take it off if I wanted the online price. I'm not saying that's what the OK dealer is doing also... just a trick of the trade a learned recently.
I mean It very well could be, I looked at punk'n Rubi before all of this covid-19 stuff that they had marked super low price at the(about 5k below other rubi's) and the offered my 4k below average trade in value for my f-150. They said they had their truck marked down so low they had to make it up on the trade in. I told them to call me if they changed their mind, never heard from them again and that truck is still sitting there 6 months later.

Sponsored

kelkolb

First Name
Kelley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Hey guys! I am looking at buying a Jeep Gladiator and would appreciate any feedback on my ideas. I'm new to the off-road community and want to make sure I'm not getting ahead of myself.

I'm wanting a Jeep to take off road (mostly locally for now TX, OK, AK, NM) but will also be my daily driver ( I'm a Firefighter so driving isn't too much) I went to a local dealer and they showed me the Sport and Sport S. I liked the S but they all seem to have either too few features or too many.

With this in mind I think factory ordering would be the best? I have built on what i want online as follows:

2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S: Gator Green, Tan cloth seats, spray bed-liner, floor mats, Max Towing Pkg, popular equipment pkg, automatic transmission. Coming up to $41,540.

I would be looking to at least put a 2" lift and change wheels and tires right away (I hate the silver rims and would hate to take them home... is it common to do swaps or trades with the dealer?)

From what I have read I should be looking for a dealer that will do 5% below invoice. (hear that there is a dealer in Houston that commonly accommodates this.)

I guess my questions are is this build a good jumping point for a beginner to get off road and have fun but also available to be modified for more serious treks in the future?

Would it be beneficial to order now or wait to see if there are bigger incentives?

Thanks in advance for all your help!
As far as the build goes, this is a great starting point. I too went with a Sport S Max Tow and it is definitely the next best thing to a Rubicon with the wider and much stronger axles, as well as the 4.10 gears. Being that you want to do a lift and tires, try to work out a deal with whatever dealer you choose to do the Mopar 2" lift and some 35's on 17" wheels. A 17x8.5 is perfect for 35's and you don't have to deal with overly expensive tires by going to larger wheels.

I have to give my final $0.02 about your options. I'm assuming the "popular equipment package" is the hard top, 7" radio, and convenience group? If so, those are definitely must haves in my opinion. Mine is setup exactly that way with the spray in bed liner as well. The only thing I would recommend you add is the Aux switches. When you inevitably want to add lights, or a winch or compressor etc. these will make it so much easier to power them. I'm having to add this after the fact which is more expensive and not as complete. Lastly, the factory halogen headlights and DRL's are pretty weak. I definitely would have opted for the LED light package had I known this beforehand. Hope this helps!

Concentric_Killa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' Rubi JT
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Mech Engineer
Thanks for sharing. Kinda my thoughts exactly. When are you looking to buy and are you going to factory order or buy off the lot?
At this point, I want to sell my long travel 2011 TRD tacoma. I have spent alot of time and effort adventuring and modding it over the past 10 years. So I want to sell it first and hopefully put down $25-30k. I would most likely get something off a dealer lot. I thought about ordering, but I think when it comes down to it I can probably get a better deal with something that has been sitting for months due to the pandemic.

I am not opposed to a rubicon if the price is right....

OP
OP

DMW727

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Explorer
Okay. I need some opinions.

I've reached out to 7-8 dealers local and across the US. To recap. Looking for a Sport S with Max tow, Popular equipment pack, Spray bed liner.

Long story short the best off I have received so far is. The MSRP 42790. Looking at 38,500. Does that sound about right?

kelkolb

First Name
Kelley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Okay. I need some opinions.

I've reached out to 7-8 dealers local and across the US. To recap. Looking for a Sport S with Max tow, Popular equipment pack, Spray bed liner.

Long story short the best off I have received so far is. The MSRP 42790. Looking at 38,500. Does that sound about right?
That's with the 8 speed auto, right? MSRP is showing $43,375 including destination for me for what you listed plus the auto trans. With discounts it says $40,104

For reference, I got my max tow with the popular equipment options, auto trans, and spray in bed liner for ~$41,500 back in July of '19. If that $38,500 includes destination, then that's a pretty good deal IMO.
Sponsored