Parting together Mopar lift with Aftermarket shocks

Squidly

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT, 2006 LJ
If you want to verify and you're still on stock suspension, give me your wheel center to lip of the fender measurement and I'll measure mine.
You're the man ... 21 3/4 from center of wheel to bottom lip of fender. Thanks !!
Sponsored

kelkolb

First Name
Kelley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
You're the man ... 21 3/4 from center of wheel to bottom lip of fender. Thanks !!
24-3/8 center to the edge noted in the photo

50EA2A75-F108-41E8-B347-CB444608F1E0.jpeg

Squidly

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT, 2006 LJ
24-3/8 center to the edge noted in the photo

50EA2A75-F108-41E8-B347-CB444608F1E0.jpeg
Yep, same spot ... so 2.5ish" I'll take it ... that's a cheap alternative for the immediate cause !! Thanks @kelkolb

Then, even if it droops a little with the bumper and winch that I'm waiting to put on, I should still be at least 2" overall.

kelkolb

First Name
Kelley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Yep, same spot ... so 2.5ish" I'll take it ... that's a cheap alternative for the immediate cause !! Thanks @kelkolb

Then, even if it droops a little with the bumper and winch that I'm waiting to put on, I should still be at least 2" overall.
No problem! I'm thinking I'll probably put just a 0.5" coil spacer in when I do a bumper and winch. I like the rake the way it is now.

Squidly

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT, 2006 LJ
No problem! I'm thinking I'll probably put just a 0.5" coil spacer in when I do a bumper and winch. I like the rake the way it is now.
I was thinking the exact same, I tow an offroad trailer as well and that squats me a full inch when I'm hooked up, so I'm thinking with a .5" up front, I'll still have some rake, offset the winch/bumper combo and still be ok towing.

Sponsored

Sduncan

First Name
Shannon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Retired
Are the Fox shocks in the kit 2.0 or 2.5?

kelkolb

First Name
Kelley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
2.0. The 2.5’s are remote reservoir.
Some of the kits say Fox 2.5 shocks. I'm glad to see it clarified. So that means, that my stock Rubi shocks with a 2.5" extension is just fine to run those springs and control arms. I see this being a cheap upgrade to my Skyjacker kit.

Anyone want to buy a nice metal set of Skyjacker 2.5" front spacers? Make an offer... Literally have less than 20 miles on them.

kelkolb

First Name
Kelley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
W
Some of the kits say Fox 2.5 shocks. I'm glad to see it clarified. So that means, that my stock Rubi shocks with a 2.5" extension is just fine to run those springs and control arms. I see this being a cheap upgrade to my Skyjacker kit.

Anyone want to buy a nice metal set of Skyjacker 2.5" front spacers? Make an offer... Literally have less than 20 miles on them.
Well are we talking about the amount of lift or the model of shock? The model is a fox 2.0, but I believe they are the 2-3" lift version. I am going to pull a front and rear off mine some time soon to check against the non-mopar spec shocks.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
W

Well are we talking about the amount of lift or the model of shock? The model is a fox 2.0, but I believe they are the 2-3" lift version. I am going to pull a front and rear off mine some time soon to check against the non-mopar spec shocks.
It said they were Fox 2.5 monotube shocks. I think maybe they were mixing up their info in the descriptions.

Sponsored

kelkolb

First Name
Kelley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
It said they were Fox 2.5 monotube shocks. I think maybe they were mixing up their info in the descriptions.
So I just went out the Jeep with a pair of calipers and the body of the shocks measure around 2.55" in diameter. Yet the Fox website shows the only options for these officially are a 2.0". Unless they're referring to the ID of the shock? Or these Mopar badged ones are actually different.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
So I just went out the Jeep with a pair of calipers and the body of the shocks measure around 2.55" in diameter. Yet the Fox website shows the only options for these officially are a 2.0". Unless they're referring to the ID of the shock? Or these Mopar badged ones are actually different.
So, are you saying that the Mopar Fox Rubicon shock (factory) are 2.55" O.D.? I wonder if they actually are different than the standard IFP 2.0's...Other than the Jeep custom valving, of course...

kelkolb

First Name
Kelley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
So, are you saying that the Mopar Fox Rubicon shock (factory) are 2.55" O.D.? I wonder if they actually are different than the standard IFP 2.0's...Other than the Jeep custom valving, of course...
The ones that come with the Mopar 2" lift, yes. 2.55" OD. I'm curious to see how the collapsed and extended lengths compare to the ones you can buy from Fox.

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
The Fox shocks that come on the Rubicon are different than the Fox Performance Series 2.0 shocks available from the aftermarket. I inquired about this with Fox.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
The Fox shocks that come on the Rubicon are different than the Fox Performance Series 2.0 shocks available from the aftermarket. I inquired about this with Fox.
So, which are better? The ones valved for our Jeeps, or the ones Fox sells?
Sponsored