Sponsored

Colorado Checking in!

seesharp4me

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th Anniversary JK Unlimited, 2020 Gladiator Rubicon LE, Tesla Model 3, Telsa Model Y On Order
2C6E7878-69E0-4C48-A70C-3D0A9B8553C6.jpeg
67BB0108-584E-4B1F-A4AA-E3CB2C5B56A8.jpeg
734744A7-2926-41F5-A918-23D7C42BB7B8.jpeg

37’s are easy to find and fit the JTR on the Mopar 2” lift perfectly. Here in Colorado, at 6,500 ft elevation, performance and fuel mileage are also very good. No reason not to get proper “augmentation or enhancement” done.
I'm running 37's with the 2" MOPAR lift and 1.5" spacer in front. Personally, I think it is a great combo and I'm very happy with it.
IMG_0628.jpg
Sponsored

DawgBox

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Thanks. The best time to go to Ouray is in mid to late July. Before that and you risk not all the trails being open, after that and you it gets raining in the afternoons. By mid Sept things are getting snowed in again already. So, it might be easier to wait than you think in today's settings.

There are some great trails up in the Nederland area. I used to wheel up there several times a year, but we've not been up there in several now. Jenny Creek used to be one of my favorites. Some years back they rerouted it so you did not drive up the creek any more. I've not done it since they made that change.

TJ's are great for wheeling, but for an all around daily driver and wheeler, the JK (and I assume the JL) can't be beat ;) I live down in Peyton, a small town just east of Colorado Springs. I don't have a JT yet as I've been waiting to see what the final specs on the diesel are. Then I'll have to decide between the gas Rubicon, diesel Rubicon or a Mojave. My rock crawling days are pretty much done and we do mainly overland trips now, so my main considerations for the JT are range and towing ability here in the mountains. My trailer is light like yours, but my JKUR hates towing it (to be fair, it is on 37s and re-geared to 5.18s).

This is the new overland trailer we picked up in Nov.

OGT-0569.jpg

OGT-0684.jpg

OGT-0760.jpg

OGT-0820.jpg
Thanks for the heads up about Jenny Creek...will definitely check it out!

Etoimos

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Website
adventuresofetoimos.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR , 2012 JKUR
Vehicle Showcase
37’s are easy to find and fit the JTR on the Mopar 2” lift perfectly. Here in Colorado, at 6,500 ft elevation, performance and fuel mileage are also very good. No reason not to get proper “augmentation or enhancement” done.
I have no personal experience with JT performance or fuel mileage at any altitude, but physics dictate that you are going to take a hit when going to bigger tires. Maybe the new 8 speed auto hides those hits really well. I'm hopeful that it will.

As to 37s being easy to find, I have to disagree with you in the context of that conversation. They may be easy to find in the Springs or Denver area, but you would be very hard pressed to find any around, say Betty NV, or some other similar town near a remote overlanding area.

Sorbs

First Name
Brian & Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ram TRX, 2020 Gladiator LE
Vehicle Showcase
I have no personal experience with JT performance or fuel mileage at any altitude, but physics dictate that you are going to take a hit when going to bigger tires. Maybe the new 8 speed auto hides those hits really well. I'm hopeful that it will.

As to 37s being easy to find, I have to disagree with you in the context of that conversation. They may be easy to find in the Springs or Denver area, but you would be very hard pressed to find any around, say Betty NV, or some other similar town near a remote overlanding area.
If you've flattened your primary tire and spare on the trail, it really doesn't matter how hard they are to find. You're screwed. If not, getting back to civilization on your spare, and utilizing your 37" tire replacement certificate at America's/Discount Tire, ain't no big thing.

Etoimos

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Website
adventuresofetoimos.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR , 2012 JKUR
Vehicle Showcase
If you've flattened your primary tire and spare on the trail, it really doesn't matter how hard they are to find. You're screwed. If not, getting back to civilization on your spare, and utilizing your 37" tire replacement certificate at America's/Discount Tire, ain't no big thing.
Not to get too far of the original topic here (though we did do that with the whole overlanding thing):

DeathValley-063547.jpg

That was in the middle of Death Valley, 90 miles away from a Discount Tires. Those are 37s and there was another Jeep out there that had a spare, but he was on 35s like just about every other Jeep out there running trails. Had I been on 35s, I could have just used his spare.

Full disclosure, only the front tire was truly flat, the rear just had a leaky valve stem that I replaced. But it does bring home my point, finding replacement 35s is easier than 37s when you are out in the boondocks.

I do love me some 37s though!

Sponsored

Sorbs

First Name
Brian & Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Not to get too far of the original topic here (though we did do that with the whole overlanding thing):

DeathValley-063547.jpg

That was in the middle of Death Valley, 90 miles away from a Discount Tires. Those are 37s and there was another Jeep out there that had a spare, but he was on 35s like just about every other Jeep out there running trails. Had I been on 35s, I could have just used his spare.

Full disclosure, only the front tire was truly flat, the rear just had a leaky valve stem that I replaced. But it does bring home my point, finding replacement 35s is easier than 37s when you are out in the boondocks.

I do love me some 37s though!
Not to beat this deader, but you still could've used anyone else's spare...their Jeep wheel bolts right up to your Jeep, so there is that. It may not be perfect, but we're not talking space-saver spare on the Rubicon trail. Also, if someone is planning to be a hardcore off-roader lost out in the boondocks, their spare should match. This is the USA, we are not a backwoods country, a solution is just a FedEx delivery away...

FR33DOM

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Hyundai Veracruz & 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon LE
I’ve flip flopped about 10 times between 35 and 37 on my JT. Leaning toward plan of 37s with the regear eventually. 90% sure it will be the Clayton 2.5” lift either way. Probably won’t do any of it until June or July depending on how business does in the next few months...

DawgBox

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
I’ve flip flopped about 10 times between 35 and 37 on my JT. Leaning toward plan of 37s with the regear eventually. 90% sure it will be the Clayton 2.5” lift either way. Probably won’t do any of it until June or July depending on how business does in the next few months...
I went with 37"s and they handle wonderfully. Figured I'd just carry one of these https://www.quadratec.com/p/arb/speedy-seal-tire-repair-kit along with my spare of course.

Sorbs

First Name
Brian & Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
You won't need to regear. It is like FCA/Jeep knew folks would be upgrading to 37's, :rock:.

wyodirt

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Secret stuff in secret locations
Welcome to Jeep'n. Since you are in CO, join traildamage.com (costs $12 I think). It is probably the single best trail resource site for CO (441 trails) and UT (183 trails).
what level of trail do you believe a stock non-rubicon gladiator can handle? I'm sure a 7 would be pushing it, what about a 5?

Sponsored

DawgBox

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
You won't need to regear. It is like FCA/Jeep knew folks would be upgrading to 37's, :rock:.
I'm regearing. With the Rubicons 4.10s and going from 33's to 37's the math works out as such: 37/33 = 1.1212 x 4.10 = 4.5969, therefore I'll go with 4.88's. Though the 4.10's work ok popping around town, I don't really feel they would have the chops for up in the mountains off road.

Sorbs

First Name
Brian & Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I'm regearing. With the Rubicons 4.10s and going from 33's to 37's the math works out as such: 37/33 = 1.1212 x 4.10 = 4.5969, therefore I'll go with 4.88's. Though the 4.10's work ok popping around town, I don't really feel they would have the chops for up in the mountains off road.
4Lo works great, so there is that. Also, offroad "+" works well but to each their own...

Etoimos

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Website
adventuresofetoimos.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR , 2012 JKUR
Vehicle Showcase
what level of trail do you believe a stock non-rubicon gladiator can handle? I'm sure a 7 would be pushing it, what about a 5?
I can't say definitely since I've not done any of them in a JT yet. I would say do a 4 and see how it feels to you and then just work you way up. What area of CO are you in? I could give you a couple of try based on that. Also, does an non-Rubicon come with any kind of skid plates underneath? If not, you may be stuck in the 3-4 range.

In my JKUR on 35s with a 4" lift, level 5 is were I would start when I was looking for a new trail to run and I've gone up to level 8. Past an 8 and the risk to braking or dinging my daily driver was just to high.

sass JT

Banned
Banned
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
MWD
Depends on the obstacles... I did a few with my rubi JT... I can tell you that I hit a lot of rocks underneath while stock.

FR33DOM

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Hyundai Veracruz & 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon LE
seems like the 8 speed really helps! That said over time if we start doing longer trips like to get my 8th gear back in the power band for gas mileage. I’m sure it isn’t a necessity up front but probably something I’d do eventually on 37s and get back to the intended drive ratios.

We need to get together one day @Sorbs would love to check out your rig :)
Sponsored