gladeiator

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Hey everyone! I've been a lurker here since I first set my eyes on the Gladiator as my next vehicle. Last week I finally made that dream a reality and brought home my gator Sport S. I couldn't be happier and the amount of knowledge on this forum has been extremely helpful. This will be my first build so nothing too crazy but I'm really excited about it.

Jeep Gladiator Glade's Gator Gladiator IMG_20200414_195337_MP

Jeep Gladiator Glade's Gator Gladiator IMG_20200418_094050

A little about how it came home from the dealer:
Gator (love this color so much)
3.6L 8 Speed Automatic
Customer Preferred Package
Cold Weather Group (a must for me in NW Iowa)
7" Radio Group
Convenience Group
Trailer Tow Package (no Max Tow)

Again, nothing outrageous but I found one that had everything I wanted and got a pretty good deal. Wheels and tires are ordered and should be in soon. I went with 35x12.5R17 BFG A/T KO2s and 17x8 Black Rhino Overland wheels. Since it won't see a lot of hard off-roading I'm skipping a lift and doing a leveling kit just to improve the stance a little. I decided on the Teraflex 1.5" leveling kit for the front and Daystar .75" rear spacer which are ordered and should be in soon too. I did remove the air damper piece between the fender and front bumper to fit the tires with the current setup. Well, I trimmed it and put it back on to protect the fog lights. I did that over the weekend and in a little bit of a time crunch so I didn't get too many before/after pics.

Like I said, this is my first Jeep and first build but loving the truck already. It will be my daily driver (50 mile round trip) and our main family vehicle (wife, 8 month old son, and German Shepherd) and any other fun I can get into with it. We an't wait for it to finally warm up around here and take the top/doors off! Thanks for all of the help this forum has already been, looking forward to being part of the community!
Sponsored

OP
OP
gladeiator

gladeiator

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Just a quick little mod over my lunch hour today. I wasn't a big fan of the stock antenna flopping around in the wind and I like the look of the Ronin Factory 50cal antenna. I appreciate the 'anti-theft' thread lock they put on. The instructions say it sets up in 24hrs but I tried to unscrew it for fun after about 45mins and it was stuck.

Update from the dealer on the wheels & tires, tires have arrived but the 17x8 Black Rhino Overlands were out of stock with no ETA. So we made a change and went with the same wheels but 17x9.5 with a -18mm offset. So my tires will stick out a little more than I was expecting but I kind of like the look anyway.

Jeep Gladiator Glade's Gator Gladiator IMG_20200422_120041

OP
OP
gladeiator

gladeiator

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Was able to install the leveling kits over the weekend. Teraflex 1.5" in the front, Daystar .75" in the rear. The 1.5 leveled it out nicely but I wanted to keep a slight rake for hauling so the .75 was perfect. Install was pretty painless, only a few hours. Hopefully get wheels and tires within the week :fingerscrossed:

Before
Jeep Gladiator Glade's Gator Gladiator IMG_20200418_154011

After
Jeep Gladiator Glade's Gator Gladiator IMG_20200426_132555

OP
OP
gladeiator

gladeiator

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Wheels and tires went on Friday afternoon. As I was hoping it really transformed the whole truck. Think I'm done for awhile besides some small stuff here and there, maybe a phone mount, maybe some grab handles. It sits considerably higher now with the leveling kit and 35's so my wife really has to climb into it. I'm seeing how long she holds out before saying buy some damn steps ;)

Also took the front doors and freedom panels off to drive the family around on Sunday and it was amazing, can't wait to do that more this summer.

Jeep Gladiator Glade's Gator Gladiator IMG_20200501_162735_MP

Jeep Gladiator Glade's Gator Gladiator IMG_20200501_171954

Jeep Gladiator Glade's Gator Gladiator IMG_20200501_170614_MP

Jeep Gladiator Glade's Gator Gladiator IMG_20200503_122203

Sponsored

OP
OP
gladeiator

gladeiator

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Looks great! Did you happen to take frame height measurements before and after?
I didn't get measurements of the frame before but I did do fender height. Front fender before was 35.75" without the leveling kit (1.5") and tires and now sits at 39." The rear fender was 37.5" before leveling kit (.75") and tires now sits at 40." Looks like the bottom of the frame sits at 18" now. Hope that helps!

morejeepsthanicancount

First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Vehicle Showcase
Certainly helps! I love the look of the 1.5/.75 to keep the rake and get some clearance. I'm assuming the rear probably took you 45 minutes since it's such a small spacer to fit on the spring.

OP
OP
gladeiator

gladeiator

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Certainly helps! I love the look of the 1.5/.75 to keep the rake and get some clearance. I'm assuming the rear probably took you 45 minutes since it's such a small spacer to fit on the spring.
It was definitely faster than the front ones! I think I had both back ones on in the time it took to do one front side :)

adbeck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator JTR
Wheels and tires went on Friday afternoon. As I was hoping it really transformed the whole truck. Think I'm done for awhile besides some small stuff here and there, maybe a phone mount, maybe some grab handles. It sits considerably higher now with the leveling kit and 35's so my wife really has to climb into it. I'm seeing how long she holds out before saying buy some damn steps ;)

Also took the front doors and freedom panels off to drive the family around on Sunday and it was amazing, can't wait to do that more this summer.

what wheels are those? They look really good on the gator.
Sponsored