Sponsored

dmzuniga

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Suburban
This is the most sublime, beastly-in-a-conservative-way off-road vehicle I've ever seen, of any make or model. Absolutely perfect. I'm waiting for the diesel, and I will follow your lead on most of the rest, except no lift, 35s, and no deployable entry step.

How did you remove the Rubicon decals? Did you retain the Rubicon red dashboard? I like this guy's repaint...
f689fd16-e2b5-43a1-a504-cf6232b87d0f-jpeg.jpg

OP
OP
Russler

Russler

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous 50 Willys, 76 CJ
Build Thread
Link
This is the most sublime, beastly-in-a-conservative-way off-road vehicle I've ever seen, of any make or model. Absolutely perfect. I'm waiting for the diesel, and I will follow your lead on most of the rest, except no lift, 35s, and no deployable entry step.

How did you remove the Rubicon decals? Did you retain the Rubicon red dashboard? I like this guy's repaint...
f689fd16-e2b5-43a1-a504-cf6232b87d0f-jpeg.jpg
Glad you like it, we are enjoying the heck out of it and get complements all the time. As for the decals - I couldn't find my damn heat gun so I filled a 5 gallon bucket with super hot water, dipped a towel in the water and then placed it on the stickers. After 90 seconds or so I pulled them off by hand.

My dash came this color f

IMG_3154.JPG

Roguesalt

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Thought Provoker
Vehicle Showcase
I wish I had found a tan interior but at the time I wanted the Gator over any other color. I will see when I can start to get more desert tan accents. If anybody knows of some hit me up with a message. Love the build so far.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Russler

Russler

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
would 12.5 wide tires clear with those wheels ?
Sorry but I dont know. I would definitely work with a reputable tire/wheel or offroad shop as dropping that kind of dough and then having them rub would suck.

OP
OP
Russler

Russler

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Took a little 976.9 mile, 1 day drive this week. When I took a picture of my trip info display I was suprised to find this Easter Egg (Ghost Willys). I can not see it with the naked eye.

Attachments

kickingaz

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon Diesel, 2018 Rubicon JLU
Occupation
Owner - New River Offroad
Would the factory bed rail protectors work with the rear bumper you installed? I noticed you didn't install them but we have a lot of rocks on our trails in AZ and if you drive off one of them you could easily come down on the rear section of the bed. I have temporarily mounted a set on my Sport S and cut the plastic bumper to fit these on.

OP
OP
Russler

Russler

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Would the factory bed rail protectors work with the rear bumper you installed? I noticed you didn't install them but we have a lot of rocks on our trails in AZ and if you drive off one of them you could easily come down on the rear section of the bed. I have temporarily mounted a set on my Sport S and cut the plastic bumper to fit these on.
No, I had them and had to take them off when I installed the ADD rear bumper

JT202006

First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator, 2006 Jeep Wrangler
Interesting! I have not installed my Taser yet as that will get done the second week of Feb. The dealership told me they recalibrated my speedo when they put the lift in. Now that you mention it I have noticed that the numeric speed in the center of my display and the regular speedo on the right do not match. The right hand speedo is always 2-3 miles per hour higher than the numeric display in the center.

I will have to ask what they used to recalibrate.

My no TPMS and intermittent back up camera not working gremlins are still an issue so hoping all this can get fixed at the same time.

Jeep Gladiator Russler Build IMG_3154.JPG
Great build. I noticed your dash shows an option for "4H Auto" and then another 4W option. My rubi does not have this option, nor did I think any of the JT's had this setup. Am I missing something?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Russler

Russler

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Great build. I noticed your dash shows an option for "4H Auto" and then another 4W option. My rubi does not have this option, nor did I think any of the JT's had this setup. Am I missing something?
I was having display issues when that original picture was taken. Once I put the taser in and adjusted TPMS, and a few other features it has worked perfectly. The 4H auto is also gone (here is a pic from last week)

IMG_3199 2.JPG

OP
OP
Russler

Russler

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Took my truck to our place in TX almost a month ago. I sure miss it. We will be together again soon :crying::brokenhearted:
Jeep Gladiator Russler Build Screen Shot 2020-05-18 at 6.01.33 AM

J_0ne

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
In the process of installing the ADD Stealth front and rear bumpers. Probably not an issue if you never leave the road but the front bumper exposes the sway bar disconnect and ADD does not offer a solution to protect at this point in time. I am going to cut down my stock/existing plate for now and hoping they come out with a better solution in the future.

Looking at the same bumper for my Rubicon, but I was told by ADD that I would have to buy their skid plate is that correct or were you able to reuse the factory Rubicon skid plate with this bumper?

OP
OP
Russler

Russler

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Looking at the same bumper for my Rubicon, but I was told by ADD that I would have to buy their skid plate is that correct or were you able to reuse the factory Rubicon skid plate with this bumper?
I did not purchase the ADD skid plate. I had to modify (cut) the factory skid plate to make it work. You would never know it was modified.

Fight On

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2016 Hellcat Challenger, 1970 Plymouth Roadrunner
Occupation
Logistics
Great Build Rusty! I love those Fuel Wheels. Been researching them for a month. I like your +1 with 11.5. Looks aggressive but still tucked in. Thanks for sharing your build!
Sponsored