GR8G8R Build

jebiruph

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL 2019 Cherokee KL 2020 Gladiator JT
I was not impressed with the pictures of the Gladiator when it first came out, but liked how it looked in person. And being a pickupless pickup person, when the discounts came out earlier this year I pulled the trigger on this abandoned custom order from a local dealer. Now that I finally came up with a name for it, it's time for a build thread even though some misguided bureaucrat is holding my personalized plates prisoner due to an incorrect designation as "non-essential".

Jeep Gladiator GR8G8R Build gr8g8r.PNG

Here's GR8G8R. I was pretty proud of thinking up this name and ordered the plates right away. A couple days later I googled it and found that it is in use on the Interwebs. I hope the other GR8G8Rs are nice people, I would hate to be mistaken for some low life scum bag.

Jeep Gladiator GR8G8R Build gator 2

Options:
Max Tow, 8 spd Auto, Hard Top with (Deep) Tint Windows, Factory Bedliner, Sirius XM and the ultra rare Smoker's Group.

I'm not anticipating anything drastic, but the original plan is for a mild overlanding rig.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Nice Rig, although I could be partial to the color.

TheHops

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Love the name and the plate! I'll bet the other GR8G8Rs are Florida fans though...

Pretty much the same story when I was shopping around last year. I was never a fan of the JTs. In fact, I talked trash about them for the first few months and after seeing a couple drive by on the highway. Once I saw my first one parked up close though, a Rubicon, I loved it and added it to my comparison list. I found a great deal on one down near Atlanta, went to take a look, and the rest was history.

This will be my third overland type build, and it's looking like this one will be my most ambitious one yet. Feel free to take a look at my thread (Ares is the name) if you want any overland-ish ideas. I've already made quite a few changes, with a fair bit more planned.