First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland, Subaru Forester
Occupation
Admin
This is my first Jeep. I've wanted a Wrangler for a long time, especially when the JKUs came out. Was never really in a financial situation to get one though. Then I got a Ridgeline and it did all the truck things I needed it to do. I finally found myself in the position to be able to comfortably afford a JLU, rented a couple while on trips, I was pretty happy with it, but wasn't sure I was ready to give up the towing capacity and having a truck bed. Then the JT shows up. I've waited a bit to see how it all panned out with it being a brand new vehicle. After snooping around here and watching and reading lots of reviews, I finally took the plunge last week.
I rented an Overland from National at DIA and drove it around for an extended weekend. I drove through the mountains outside of Denver where I could. No actual offroading as it was a rental, but I was able to find some really crappy roads at least. I went with the Overland because I don't like the way the Rubicon drove. The Gladiator, at least in the Sport S and Overland drives much better than the JLUs I drove and I felt like at highway speed at least the Rubicon felt like I was driving a JLU. This vehicle will mostly be my daily driver. I'll do some light towing eventually and some suburban dad projects. As for offroading, most I'm looking to get into is maybe some moderate trails. The bulk of my offroading will probably just be exploring forest service type roads in and around NC.
Jeep Gladiator Gator Overland IMG-20200502-WA0007
Jeep Gladiator Gator Overland 20200504_130005
Sponsored

Mr. Wuf

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Principal
Nice Jeep! I bought a Gobi Overland, but I nearly went with a Gator after driving a Tank JKU for the last five years.

What part of N.C.?

OP
OP
DiabolicalDianoga

DiabolicalDianoga

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland, Subaru Forester
Occupation
Admin
Nice Jeep! I bought a Gobi Overland, but I nearly went with a Gator after driving a Tank JKU for the last five years.

What part of N.C.?
We'll be right outside Winston-Salem.
I love the Gator. My wife says it looks like a military truck with the color and the boxy nature of the Gladiator.

Mr. Wuf

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Principal
It’s a great color, for sure. I’m about three hours east of Winston-Salem now, but I grew up in Davidson County, just to the south of Winston.

Congrats on the new truck!
Sponsored