SmartCap

SmartCap

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.smartcap.com
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator, Tacoma, Tundra, F Series, Silverado...
Just wanted to confirm that 45” in length is correct? As the photos appear to show that they go almost entire length of cap.
No problem. See attached photo.

image1.jpeg
Sponsored

Lou3.6

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 2016 WK2 75th Anniversary edition
Occupation
retired Navy -- 1984 > 2004
Please see below.

Been wondering since Monday (11th), when I re-started following along the ROKON (Alu-Cab) Thread, what RSI's "Reaction Score" is (currently) and what, if any, Modifications RSI may be contemplating.
We have a detailed process that our team follows to deliver the results we are looking for. Once we test fit and validate a prototype there are normally no medications required.

Q#1 - Do the EVO's come with SHIMS or other "quick fixes" necessary for that "perfect" Fit & Alignment ? ?
We would encourage you to check out our installation instructions or our assembly and installation video.

Q#2 - As I suggested in a ROKON Post (yesterday), will the FACT that the EVO's come in 5 parts, "enable" the assembler to make certain adjustments to minimize or stop Issues such as 'Steffen707' is having with his Alu-Cab fitment-issue install (same ROKON Thread) ? ?
The 5-piece modular design has been engineered with incredibly tight tolerances that leave no room for "adjustments" in the assembly process. This ensures that the cap is assembled to our specifications--meaning your cap will be watertight.
Answer #1 --Good to know, "no medications required" - I'm already on to many meds as is, doctor says I should consider cutting back . . . ;) :LOL: .

Also good . . . NO SHIMS Required or provided .

Lou3.6

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
@RSI North America Inc - Looking for any other "teammates?" :like: I'd love to have this on my overland rig. I'd have big plans for a piece like that...

Sharp looking cap, and it's at the top of my list, but I'll probably wait to see what the offering from Ursa Minor is before making any decisions.
I've been one of those wishing & hoping for the Wrangler JLU version . . . for years, when it was originally supposed to be months . . . remember that ? Now with the Worldly Disruptions, waiting for a Gladiator "Cap Camper" from Ursa Minor, even though hinted at by them, gonna be a LOOONG WAIT . Mind yu this is My Speculation, but is based on their history of "on-time delivery" !?. There are a few options, similar, that could do in a pinch, but like you I think Ursa Minor does a vastly Superior job - at least with the Current Wrangler stuff . TV Blue-Bears want us to "enjoy the Go," I hope you can "enjoy the Wait" . . . :CWL: :)

Last edited:

TheHops

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I've been one of those wishing & hoping for the Wrangler JLU version . . . for years, when it was originally supposed to be months . . . remember that ? Now with the Worldly Disruptions, waiting for a Gladiator "Cap Camper" from Ursa Minor 9 even though hinted at by them, gonna be a LOOONG WAIT . There are a few options, similar, that could do in a pinch, but like you I think Ursa Minor does a vastly Superior job - at least with the Current Wrangler stuff . Blue Bears want us to "enjoy the Go," I hope you can "enjoy the Wait" . . . :CWL: :)
Ouch, I didn't realize it had been that long for the JL folks.

We'll see how it goes!

Sponsored

steelponycowboy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKU Rubicon HR, 2017 Cherokee, 2021 JTR
Occupation
Retired Peace Officer
Will the Smart Cap be available in both the EVO and EVOc versions here in the US? I would prefer not to have glass/plastic windows on the sides for several reasons like people being able to see what is inside and then smashing one or a wild tree branch hitting one and cracking or smashing it.

The rear window on the "C" version also looks more secure and theft proof.

Jeep Gladiator SmartCap goes on new Jeep Gladiator Build Screenshot_2020-05-15 Truck Caps, Pick-Up Truck Canopy Camper Shells
Jeep Gladiator SmartCap goes on new Jeep Gladiator Build Screenshot_2020-05-15 Truck Caps, Pick-Up Truck Canopy Camper Shells(1)

radioinstl

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soon to be Gladiator
Will the Smart Cap be available in both the EVO and EVOc versions here in the US? I would prefer not to have glass/plastic windows on the sides for several reasons like people being able to see what is inside and then smashing one or a wild tree branch hitting one and cracking or smashing it.

The rear window on the "C" version also looks more secure and theft proof.

Jeep Gladiator SmartCap goes on new Jeep Gladiator Build Screenshot_2020-05-15 Truck Caps, Pick-Up Truck Canopy Camper Shells(1)
That had already replied that both would but the C would be later. From what they said the rear is the same except for the added screen

steelponycowboy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Peace Officer
I must have missed that going thru all the 6 pages of posts here. Thanks for the info, I think the "C" is more suited to overlanding/off roading. Hope the wait isn't that long as the only changes is changing over the gull wing and rear door.

Lou3.6

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Ouch, I didn't realize it had been that long for the JL folks.

We'll see how it goes!
Don't forget to keep track at 'U.M.' website for the Expected delay times from - time of Order / down payment to time of Delivery or time when you can Go and have them install -- just prior to the Covid-19 Debacle it was ~ 4 months . . . IF people are ordering the JLU version while not in production I can "only imagine" the WAITING PERIOD . . . ugh ! And they haven't finalized a Gladiator version and we don't know wether it will even be like the Ursa Minor, or just another Bed Cap "thing" ? Gotta say though, IF they had a Cap/Camper like for the Wranglers I'd still be in the running for a Gladiator . . . but . . . RAM 1500 (2021) with an RSI EVOc "will have to do," ha

Sponsored

nikoli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra

Hello to all on the Gladiator Forum,

Below are fitment photos of our Regional Sales Manager Rick's new build that includes a SmartCap EVO Gladiator edition. We expect to be starting pre-orders in the next few weeks and to have the products available in North America in October.

Please check it out and let us know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

The RSi Team

Will the EVOc be available in Black to match the Jeep factory black hardtop? Only pics I've seen are white.

steelponycowboy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Peace Officer
Is RSI going to be at SEMA this year ? If so, in the South Hall or or where ?

MudderTruker

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Hilux SR5 and Jeep Renegade ... name is on the list for a Gladiator!
Occupation
Computer dude
For the guys like us interested in the smart tray and canopy XL ... I think that would real sharp on a white Gladiator...

This is for the Toyota Hilux 79 Series ... wont fit on a Gladiator! I dont thing they make a tray option for the Gladiator ... yet! ;)

steelponycowboy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Peace Officer
Yeah I think the tray option is for later in 2021, the don't even have the cap available until October I think.

OP
OP
SmartCap

SmartCap

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.smartcap.com
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator, Tacoma, Tundra, F Series, Silverado...
Will the EVOc be available in Black to match the Jeep factory black hardtop? Only pics I've seen are white.
At this time the EVOc is available in OEM matching white.
Sponsored