JeepHouse

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
There’s an arrow on the sill guards that line up with the channels in the door
If only I had waited a few hours for this post, I saw it when I installed sill guard #2. D'oh. Only off by a fraction, no big deal
Sponsored

Ols5370

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Overland. BMW X4
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrical worker
Lol. I didn’t see your post until after I replied. You could get some 3m tape and redo it. But. If your happy. That’s all that matters

OP
OP
Jaydebe

Jaydebe

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Stacy'sMom aka: 2020 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Renovations
Vehicle Showcase
Woot! The bed got Line-X'd today.
I'm always a little nervous about having "permanent" mods done to something, especially whenI don't have any real experience with the company; but I must say, Line-X of Fredericksburg was amazing.

Everyone was nothing short of nice, the spray in looks amazing and all of the bolt holes are as clean and easy to use as prior to the spray.

The prices are very competitive; it was $489 for the base spray.
In comparison, the same spray from Line-X in RVA was asking $650ish.

In fact, I like the bedliner so much, I asked about the cost to get the hard-top done in white to match the truck.

Jeep Gladiator Jeep, Aka, "Stacy's Mom" A611AEB7-A780-4AEA-BFA1-6BE0A05E89AC_1_105_c

OP
OP
Jaydebe

Jaydebe

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Renovations
Vehicle Showcase
My MOLLE panels arrived and so did the Swing Box.
I have to say, JCR gave a 2-3 weeks turn around time and all was here in under 2 weeks!

Initial Impressions:
- The quality of the JCR stuff is really nice quality stuff. Goes together really easy too.
- I like the Swing box idea; installed in about 5 mins; loads a room too!

Jeep Gladiator Jeep, Aka, "Stacy's Mom" D5C6B3C0-B38F-4945-877F-BBEDC4534743_1_105_c

Jeep Gladiator Jeep, Aka, "Stacy's Mom" 02171FF0-F9BE-4C97-A14A-066FC9623A4A_1_105_c

Jeep Gladiator Jeep, Aka, "Stacy's Mom" C686FC31-2957-4744-ABDA-122868B54B53_1_105_c

OP
OP
Jaydebe

Jaydebe

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Renovations
Vehicle Showcase
Aux. switches installed.
I had the dealership do it; to me, it was worth the $ to drop it off and pick it up ready to roll.
Jeep Gladiator Jeep, Aka, "Stacy's Mom" EF8B6C74-EF3A-4C3B-A6CA-7D07256D5BA9_1_105_c

Jeep Gladiator Jeep, Aka, "Stacy's Mom" 97D726F2-032C-4D06-9C46-24605291E42F_1_105_c

Sponsored

OP
OP
Jaydebe

Jaydebe

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Renovations
Vehicle Showcase
Smittybilt XCR Gen 2 front bumper

I wanted a full-width bumper ( I had selected the Quadradic's Brute full-width; but it was placed on a 2.5 month b/o) for deer strike protection, but I also have a budget and when combined with Covid-19 delivery issues, I choose this Smittybuilt.

My other concern was to find a bumper with a sunken winch and not too much of a profile.
This Smittybuilt XCR Gen 2 looked to fit the bill; but it does have a little more profile than I expected.

FexEx says actual shipping weight is 147lbs and I don't doubt it. The outter box is a good 25lbs alone!
Overall, I'd say they did a good job getting the bumper ready for shipping and limiting damage control.

Basic Specs:
- 12k rated bumper
- About 120lbs
- easy to install
- D-rings & hi-lift jack spots.
- Mid-width strike coverage
- Replaceable bumper sliders
- Vented to allow for better airflow
- Enough coverage to feel good about risk of off-roading without extra swaybar disconnect skids (although I may end up with one)

Sidenotes: The front end drop with the bumper installed was about 5/8" total and there is now about a 1 - 1 1/8" difference in height front front to back.

Jeep Gladiator Jeep, Aka, "Stacy's Mom" F562AF6A-DA73-40CB-A8D4-35ED7EC1328A_1_105_c

Jeep Gladiator Jeep, Aka, "Stacy's Mom" 40A6AC26-7EC8-488E-A927-2652F209C8BE_1_105_c

View attachment 85483
Jeep Gladiator Jeep, Aka, "Stacy's Mom" 587C04C7-BB76-4599-83AD-135C3B8FAA9F_1_105_c

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0
Last edited:

JCstud21

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 2019 Jeep JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Engineer
Aux. switches installed.
I had the dealership do it; to me, it was worth the $ to drop it off and pick it up ready to roll.
Jeep Gladiator Jeep, Aka, "Stacy's Mom" 587C04C7-BB76-4599-83AD-135C3B8FAA9F_1_105_c

From WV also! Same front bumper as well! Nice ride, how much did deal charge to install the Aux switches? I was considering doing this myself, but maybe not if not too expensive. Thanks!

Microday

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon, Gladiator Mojave
I paying $600 installed for Aux at dealer. Since it has to be programmed I think it’s a good deal

OP
OP
Jaydebe

Jaydebe

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Renovations
Vehicle Showcase
From WV also! Same front bumper as well! Nice ride, how much did deal charge to install the Aux switches? I was considering doing this myself, but maybe not if not too expensive. Thanks!
Sweet. We just moved to WV for a job at Snowshoe. Looking forward to some backcountry exploring for sure. You close?

As for the install, I had already purchased the switches, fully planning to install them myself. After learning that none of the aftermarket computers would actually flash the system so they would work and reading so many stories about them not working even after a dealer installed them, I asked my local dealer in Fredericksburg (Safford Jeep). It was 3 hrs of labor to install and flash.

Honestly, I've always been a DIY guy, I used to work and build on VWs since a teenager; the same with motorcycles, etc. These days, I'm more willing to farm out some things if I can build a good relationship. The dealer in F'burg has been nothing shy of amazing to me and never a single peep from them that I didn't buy from them. (I was on vacation on the West Coast when we bought it.)

I believe is was right at $300 completely installed and ready for use.
So, all in, about $618 for install and switches.

I was just about to add a post for the 1st use of the switches. See below!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jaydebe

Jaydebe

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Renovations
Vehicle Showcase
Installed some amber Rigid 360 series 4" driving lamps as a way to get ready for West Virginia snow and fog!

I've never in a million years thought I'd consider $400+ for a single pair of driving/fog lamps; I hope they are worth it.

The initial impression for the light quality is that they are really, nice. Fit, finish, smooth edges, nice stainless hardware, etc.

The hardest part of the install was trying to fit 14g wire into waterproof connectors rated up 16g wire! LOL

I did have to remove the winch(luckily it was not wired in yet) to get my hand into the area where the lights mount. It's a really tight fit between the mounting holes, winch, and factory lights. It's pretty good from a security standpoint!

Running wires in a Jeep is so freak'n easy; especially since I only had to run the wires to the AUX switches.
Jeep Gladiator Jeep, Aka, "Stacy's Mom" 77EBA43E-C8EF-411E-A03F-180896623AD8_1_105_c

Sponsored

JCstud21

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 2019 Jeep JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Engineer
Sweet. We just moved to WV for a job at Snowshoe. Looking forward to some backcountry exploring for sure. You close?

As for the install, I had already purchased the switches, fully planning to install them myself. After learning that none of the aftermarket computers would actually flash the system so they would work and reading so many stories about them not working even after a dealer installed them, I asked my local dealer in Fredericksburg (Safford Jeep). It was 3 hrs of labor to install and flash.

Honestly, I've always been a DIY guy, I used to work and build on VWs since a teenager; the same with motorcycles, etc. These days, I'm more willing to farm out some things if I can build a good relationship. The dealer in F'burg has been nothing shy of amazing to me and never a single peep from them that I didn't buy from them. (I was on vacation on the West Coast when we bought it.)

I believe is was right at $300 completely installed and ready for use.
So, all in, about $618 for install and switches.

I was just about to add a post for the 1st use of the switches. See below!
Thanks for the info! Not very close, as I live in Southern WV.....think Hatfield McCoy Trail system, although mostly for ATVs. I have the TazerJL installed on my Jeep, which according to what I've read is supposed to flash the system for the addition of the Aux switches. If not, I would indeed take it to a dealer to install.

OP
OP
Jaydebe

Jaydebe

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Renovations
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the info! Not very close, as I live in Southern WV.....think Hatfield McCoy Trail system, although mostly for ATVs. I have the TazerJL installed on my Jeep, which according to what I've read is supposed to flash the system for the addition of the Aux switches. If not, I would indeed take it to a dealer to install.
Never been to H/M, hope to get there sometime.

I bought the Tazer also. I might be incorrect with this, but it's my understanding that it'll allow the switches to be seen in the radio menu, but the main computer still won't let it work.

More to the point, my understanding is the main computer is updated with FCA via the vin with the sales code for the aux. switches.

Again, it's just what I came across shortly after I spent the extra $ on the Tazer Mini because I thought it did just that; flashed the system. Then, I read it may take a few cycles to get it to work. Or a flash and wait 24hrs, etc. It seemed like a little too much, "did I install it wrong?, "is the flash not taking, etc?"

I'm sure it'll work out. I just got to a point because of the move, I didn't have time to fiddle-fauk with it for days on end; so I chose the dealer install route.

OP
OP
Jaydebe

Jaydebe

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Renovations
Vehicle Showcase
Finally got in some parts and found time to install them.
AVS deflectors and JCR bed rack.
Jeep Gladiator Jeep, Aka, "Stacy's Mom" 0D87B936-F89E-4F5C-A622-16E5E987D613
Jeep Gladiator Jeep, Aka, "Stacy's Mom" IMG_3285

OP
OP
Jaydebe

Jaydebe

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Renovations
Vehicle Showcase
Finally got my tires and wheels installed!

General Atx 37x12.5 mounted on Method MR301 rims (8.5x17 with -6mm offset 4.5" BS)

Yes, this is on a stock suspension set up and no, there are zero interference issues (on the road at least) I have at least 1" or more of clearance in from lock to lock; but likely even more.

Tires measure out to 36" even weighted.
Jeep Gladiator Jeep, Aka, "Stacy's Mom" 2DFAC70C-8353-442F-80CD-2F0494F4CAB9
Jeep Gladiator Jeep, Aka, "Stacy's Mom" 877286D6-D9B6-4450-98F9-B1FFB52D74F4

OP
OP
Jaydebe

Jaydebe

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Renovations
Vehicle Showcase
RTT came arrived and we finally got out for a 2 week trip.
Overland Vehicle Systems Nomad 2 RTT

Noteworthy Fact: Just turned 18,500 miles in less than 6 months.

Jeep Gladiator Jeep, Aka, "Stacy's Mom" Screen Shot 2020-10-31 at 8.01.42 PM
Sponsored