First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Engineer
Might as well start one of these rather than clog up the forum with several threads about tiny things I do to my Jeep.

I’m TJ Willy and my real Jeep story began in 2001.

But we won’t go back that far. Much.... Suffice it to say... I’m a Jeep guy. Had a ZJ with mild mods. Had an aha moment later when I test drove a used TJ. Bought my first TJ 2004 Willys Edition and built her for the big rocks. Parts and parts later she was my daily and my axle locked, junkyard axle swapped best friend. She earned the name Lady Bird after Hank Hill’s loyal bloodhound on the show King of the Hill and I became TJ Willy everywhere online.

A marriage, three jeeps later and three rug rats later we find ourselves here in my no compromises and no regrets JT Rubi

I have a plan. Much of it follows my JK build - overland - as I have a journey to finish. I have criss crossed the US speaking about ALD - the disease my boy has. I promised a lot of people I would go from Mexico to Canada along the divide after I did the TAT east to west. Http://www.expedition-awareness.org

And I almost made it. I had the 08 with the notorious overheating problems. Add the fact I supercharged the weak 3.8 and it was bound to bite me in the butt. I put the best radiator money can buy and still I had issues. Having said that she still could have made it but when my GPS files corrupted and I lost the route in northern Wyoming.

At this point I made the hard (and teary) decision to turn back. I was solo pulling an off-road trailer and had conquered so much included the devastating Forrest fires that swept New Mexico that year. I have a good story about that. Anyway. Lots of medical bills later and I sold the Jeep. Three years later i am back in a Jeep and ready to finish what I started.

My son underwent an amazing gene therapy treatment. A trial I became a spokesman for many years early during my campaign. Fast forward he began forming lesions on his brain and the trial had made it to the US and was accepting patients. And God bless us the timing was perfect. Brooks was the 8th kid to undergone this type of Bone Marrow Transplant. He is not out of the woods but he has a real fighting chance for an otherwise terminal disease!!!! We are so happy.

Come hell or high water I am finishing this trip. This time tho, it won’t be solo. My boy will cross the finish line with and our JT.

So the build will come. I have some knowns and unknowns. I will leave you with a pic or two of my boy and our first mod. :)

him working on the JK with me. Our haircuts and the first mod. Bigfoot of course. Lololol

Jeep Gladiator TJ Willy’s Glady thread. CF238F0F-8D18-4259-9E3C-AC876D01D7B0

Jeep Gladiator TJ Willy’s Glady thread. 46C9B616-DF7B-4EA9-8637-2D1141855B5B

Jeep Gladiator TJ Willy’s Glady thread. 9E6516B5-942F-48C4-939A-69656EBABE0D

edit: removed an extra pic I didn’t know I had selected. :)

7C95EE71-2F7F-46D7-BC81-0DD3C07B01DF.jpeg

0DE02A99-8D1A-485C-BBDA-B92FE18290E6.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited:

Kch

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon,1932 ford sedan,1932 ford coupe,1931 ford sedan,1959 Olds custom1959 Olds custom
You're an awesome dad. I am going to add your son to my prayer list. I pray for a complete recovery an a long healthy life.

OP
OP
TJWilly

TJWilly

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Engineer
Being a Dad is awesome. And thanks for the prayers. We should find out in late July if the procedures worked.

Terry

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Private Investigator
Vehicle Showcase
Might as well start one of these rather than clog up the forum with several threads about tiny things I do to my Jeep.

I’m TJ Willy and my real Jeep story began in 2001.

But we won’t go back that far. Much.... Suffice it to say... I’m a Jeep guy. Had a ZJ with mild mods. Had an aha moment later when I test drove a used TJ. Bought my first TJ 2004 Willys Edition and built her for the big rocks. Parts and parts later she was my daily and my axle locked, junkyard axle swapped best friend. She earned the name Lady Bird after Hank Hill’s loyal bloodhound on the show King of the Hill and I became TJ Willy everywhere online.

A marriage, three jeeps later and three rug rats later we find ourselves here in my no compromises and no regrets JT Rubi

I have a plan. Much of it follows my JK build - overland - as I have a journey to finish. I have criss crossed the US speaking about ALD - the disease my boy has. I promised a lot of people I would go from Mexico to Canada along the divide after I did the TAT east to west. Http://www.expedition-awareness.org

And I almost made it. I had the 08 with the notorious overheating problems. Add the fact I supercharged the weak 3.8 and it was bound to bite me in the butt. I put the best radiator money can buy and still I had issues. Having said that she still could have made it but when my GPS files corrupted and I lost the route in northern Wyoming.

At this point I made the hard (and teary) decision to turn back. I was solo pulling an off-road trailer and had conquered so much included the devastating Forrest fires that swept New Mexico that year. I have a good story about that. Anyway. Lots of medical bills later and I sold the Jeep. Three years later i am back in a Jeep and ready to finish what I started.

My son underwent an amazing gene therapy treatment. A trial I became a spokesman for many years early during my campaign. Fast forward he began forming lesions on his brain and the trial had made it to the US and was accepting patients. And God bless us the timing was perfect. Brooks was the 8th kid to undergone this type of Bone Marrow Transplant. He is not out of the woods but he has a real fighting chance for an otherwise terminal disease!!!! We are so happy.

Come hell or high water I am finishing this trip. This time tho, it won’t be solo. My boy will cross the finish line with and our JT.

So the build will come. I have some knowns and unknowns. I will leave you with a pic or two of my boy and our first mod. :)

him working on the JK with me. Our haircuts and the first mod. Bigfoot of course. Lololol

Jeep Gladiator TJ Willy’s Glady thread. 0DE02A99-8D1A-485C-BBDA-B92FE18290E6

edit: removed an extra pic I didn’t know I had selected. :)

God Bless you, and your son........ We will pray for his continued success.
Sponsored