Sponsored

Seeing red in SoCal! Watch G.G. (Gladys the Gladiator) transform!

OP
OP
avlamonte

avlamonte

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired
Latest update...Hauk lettering applied to tailgate. Had to move it to the left a little to cover the holes...but I still like it. OCD kicks in here and there. Also applied a ceramic coating yesterday...

Jeep Gladiator Seeing red in SoCal! Watch G.G. (Gladys the Gladiator) transform! 2CF459A7-E2DB-4DE9-8A8A-3F64B0FB1811

Jeep Gladiator Seeing red in SoCal! Watch G.G. (Gladys the Gladiator) transform! 93E78BE9-8A34-4ED4-AECA-58207BD0C394

Hope to get the lift/wheels installed on Wednesday...that always makes the biggest change in appearance.

Last edited:
OP
OP
avlamonte

avlamonte

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired
Well a couple things showed up today...got these installed...
Jeep Gladiator Seeing red in SoCal! Watch G.G. (Gladys the Gladiator) transform! 6A400DEA-BABF-4C94-AEA5-6081CC1A9DEB

Jeep Gladiator Seeing red in SoCal! Watch G.G. (Gladys the Gladiator) transform! 03B4BB6C-21F7-4DB0-A8C5-C7100E02783F

I don’t care what anyone else thinks! I think they are cool AND they have built in bottle openers...on BOTH SIDES! Now that is cool. I really don’t want pieces of plastic on those corners... these are much more sturdy.

and these came in as well...

Jeep Gladiator Seeing red in SoCal! Watch G.G. (Gladys the Gladiator) transform! F252C857-2D78-4A84-BB67-3C4714D03B40

can’t wait to get started on the lift...may jump in this evening...

stay tuned!

Sponsored

OP
OP
avlamonte

avlamonte

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired
Still waiting on the rock rails, steering parts, and flares/liners...

OP
OP
avlamonte

avlamonte

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired
Well, the lift is totally installed and my driveway alignment done. Drives GREAT! I am stoked! Got the first of the skid plates installed...the gas tank skid...waiting on the exhaust to get here before I install the rest...

Jeep Gladiator Seeing red in SoCal! Watch G.G. (Gladys the Gladiator) transform! IMG_3237

Thanks for watching...:beer:

JTzntz

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator | 1993 Corrado SLC | 1992 GTI 16v
The truck is looking awesome! Keep it coming!

OP
OP
avlamonte

avlamonte

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired
The truck is looking awesome! Keep it coming!
Thanks bud!

I also talked to a trailer hitch shop yesterday who is going to do my custom hide-a-hitch behind the license plate. He is also going to weld a plate between the stock hitch tube and the bumper to make it a smooth transition on the departure angle.

Sponsored

JTzntz

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks bud!

I also talked to a trailer hitch shop yesterday who is going to do my custom hide-a-hitch behind the license plate. He is also going to weld a plate between the stock hitch tube and the bumper to make it a smooth transition on the departure angle.
I’d be interested in adding a receiver behind the plate like you are doing with departure skid. Will the plate flip up or cantilever up? Will it still allow the tailgate to drop completely when hitched?

OP
OP
avlamonte

avlamonte

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired
I’d be interested in adding a receiver behind the plate like you are doing with departure skid. Will the plate flip up or cantilever up? Will it still allow the tailgate to drop completely when hitched?
I am thinking of it folding down to avoid conflict with the tailgate. I am researching that now...will post pics when it is done...:like:

OP
OP
avlamonte

avlamonte

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired
SOOOOO...Today I installed some major beefy kind of stuff...RPM Steering's 2.5 ton drag link and tie rod...
Jeep Gladiator Seeing red in SoCal! Watch G.G. (Gladys the Gladiator) transform! 333236D6-CA03-4414-B410-DCA194EEDE5D

not sure how I felt after the test drive. Everything felt so good before this install. When I got home I found out that the toe was at 0. I gave it a 1/8” toe in and will see how it feels next time I drive it. It would be a major bummer to spend that much money and not be happy. I will still play around with it until it is dialed in...I do know that it is much stronger now. That is good for something. Perhaps the steering stabilizer has a different feel as well. Does anyone know if you are supposed to pre-load the drag link in a twisted fashion? I did that a little on my JK to keep it from flopping back and forth. Right now it is set even in both sides...

Ok. My bad. I went and test drove it again with the 1/8” toe in and it made all the difference. So glad I did so. Now I will be able to sleep tonight!

Last edited:
OP
OP
avlamonte

avlamonte

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired
A few small updates today. Left foot rest...
Jeep Gladiator Seeing red in SoCal! Watch G.G. (Gladys the Gladiator) transform! FCD50ED3-5351-42AB-9147-795B17A318B1

probably one of my favorite mods so far! At least for comfort anyway.

installed some bags I found from my previous Jeep...

Jeep Gladiator Seeing red in SoCal! Watch G.G. (Gladys the Gladiator) transform! 0F040F83-BE62-4598-AC96-96D10A672695

Jeep Gladiator Seeing red in SoCal! Watch G.G. (Gladys the Gladiator) transform! 94F07711-F8C1-45E1-BB1C-59AAA5884424

oh...and I actually used it as a truck today...20 bags of mulch!

Jeep Gladiator Seeing red in SoCal! Watch G.G. (Gladys the Gladiator) transform! A91E38A7-C606-49A4-AF8A-1F2DF9768B21

we went out to breakfast to celebrate!

JTzntz

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Glad you got the steering all figured out. Would have felt the same after spending all the hard earned coin and it not feeling 'right' to you. :like:
Sponsored