ShikGluon

ShikGluon

First Name
Zaza
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon 2020 Punk'n
Don't forget to get a car fax report, KBB, etc for value on it before it hits. Get it appraised as soon as you get it repaired and then appraised again after the accident shows up. Use the discrepencies in the value to make a diminished value claim because dealerships WILL offer you less on your trade/sale because its been in a collision.
Wait, so do this now? Even though I wouldn't trade it in until another 5 years, IFF I were to trade it and not run it into the groud?
Sponsored

OP
OP
ShikGluon

ShikGluon

First Name
Zaza
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
i'm not in the know it seems... is this the thing to do? record video in the cab forwards and backwards??
Yeah, I honestly did it after watching a bunch of crashes on YouTube. Figured better get that shit on camera. But ScramblerRG is right on the bucket, it's great to have the evidence of the crash, otherwise, it can become a he said/she said type of thing. The more evidence the better.

Very glad I had mine. Though I might get another one and add it to the very back of the bed somehow, cause my current one can't see behind the truck if they are too close. The only way I can tell who hit me, is that after I stopped you can see his face through my back window as he gets out of his car.

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Sport S Max Tow; Honda Element
Wait, so do this now? Even though I wouldn't trade it in until another 5 years, IFF I were to trade it and not run it into the groud?
Yes. Your state may vary on how long you can wait to make the claim. And even if you dont expect to trade or sell it, you never know, and if you ever need to that is when the extra two or even a few grand you could have gotten for a vehicle that was “accident/repair free” matters most. I didnt know about it and lost thousands on my trade when I got my jeep.

OP
OP
ShikGluon

ShikGluon

First Name
Zaza
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes. Your state may vary on how long you can wait to make the claim. And even if you dont expect to trade or sell it, you never know, and if you ever need to that is when the extra two or even a few grand you could have gotten for a vehicle that was “accident/repair free” matters most. I didnt know about it and lost thousands on my trade when I got my jeep.
Oh, that's super interesting! Thanks for the info! Will explore this.

Sponsored

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow (Sold) '23 Ram 1500
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
Glad you and the glady are in good shape. I have a nice front facing camera ready to install but man...now im re thinking that and looking at front and rear combos.

Factoid

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator 2019 Porsche Cayenne 1964 Corvette
Occupation
Performance Coach
Glad you are okay, what camera? I have one, but I’m not happy with the way it works.

Sponsored

OP
OP
ShikGluon

ShikGluon

First Name
Zaza
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Update... Turn out I have a concussion. So my doctor put me on brain rest for a week (doing a week at a time to see how I feel). Brain rest is no screens... no reading... no thinking... so out of work for a week. Glad I took a pic of the guys' license plate.

Gonna be offline for a bit. Thanks for all your feedback about what to do next. :)

jbn40301

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mojave 2020
CarFax will now cost you <$3K> off the value after repairs now at trade-in as a wrecked auto.... Sorry for your wreck and hope you are well. (unless you repair it without insurance)

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Hope you the best outcome and health. Good luck with insurance b.s. I have a XJ that's been a magnet for DUI driver's, unlicensed and insured driver. The first one was right after I bought it.

OP
OP
ShikGluon

ShikGluon

First Name
Zaza
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks guys!!

Finally back to work after my brain rest. Turns out the guy doesn't have insurance, so mine is covering everything and then going after the guy personally (and I have a personal injury lawyer who happens to be below my apt :rock:). My baby is currently in the shop, it's been over a week, I miss my gladiator!! The wrangler rental just isn't the same :LOL:
Sponsored