Toy/Hobby Pictures

ksh67

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting Gray Sport S - Ordered 8/7, delivered 9/9
Yes, I have been collecting for over 40 years, Used to have a business, picked up stuff all over Europe and the Eastern Block countries. When the Euro made it's debut I stopped. What used to cost 50 cents now cost over a dollar. My focus over the years has mainly been helmets. Used to use my profits to fund my collection.

I have a friend that deals in WWII memorabilia if you need any medals, guns, bayonets, anything. He is an expert, has made his living all his life dealing in it. He can tell the real from the fake and probably knows who made the fake.
Sponsored

Murgatroid

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
RN
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, I have been collecting for over 40 years, Used to have a business, picked up stuff all over Europe and the Eastern Block countries. When the Euro made it's debut I stopped. What used to cost 50 cents now cost over a dollar. My focus over the years has mainly been helmets. Used to use my profits to fund my collection.
You and my friend are two peas in a pod. He has done the same thing. Also USED to go over there, has made contacts. His big thing is photo albums, but the coolest thing he had go through his hands was the broken everyday (not the parade) field marshals baton of Werner von Blomberg, turns out his sister ended up in Bloomington. We always figured it was broken by Hitler when he fired him and broke up the the power to several field marshals. Got it for less than $100 sold it for over $100,000.

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S, 2001 Audi TT Roadster, 1930 Model A Hot Rod, 1973 VW Square Back
Occupation
Education
We play a lot of music in the house. My 14 year old does drums and guitar and my 11 year old was recruited into the Jazz Band in 6th grade for his skills on the Bass and Electric Bass. He's a little badass.
Guitars Gretsch Tennessee Rose, GPC Jesse Michaels, DeArmond Hollow Body, Crate VS50 and Sears Slivertone 1482
Bass: Stand Up and Fender P bass with Lindey Fralins, 70s Fender Bass amp...
Drums, PA, Vintage Sure 1965 Mic

48E3B5EE-5174-470D-AE50-7137B3E865A6.jpeg

6AB97062-5581-4CB8-8ADB-A2E91D20D6A7.jpeg

EDD9C196-8E11-4AA6-9801-92CFE6F703D9.jpeg

9931EA3A-E61F-431C-86A5-F87A81694CA6.jpeg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
One of my hobbies is guitar, the other is learning to properly record my guitar playing, and another is putting it on YouTube...

So, all 3 of them combined into my newest video...

If you like what you hear, feel free to hit the thumbs-up button (on YouTube), subscribe, and share it with others on your various social media platforms.

Slapping_Rabbits

First Name
Nirzwan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator Rubicon, triumph rocket iii roadster
One of my hobbies is guitar, the other is learning to properly record my guitar playing, and another is putting it on YouTube...

So, all 3 of them combined into my newest video...

If you like what you hear, feel free to hit the thumbs-up button (on YouTube), subscribe, and share it with others on your various social media platforms.

Dude! Nice! You just got another subscriber!

Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Dude! Nice! You just got another subscriber!
Thanks man! I wish I could say it was all mine, but that backing-track I used was something someone posted online almost 2 years ago. The rhythm guitar part, and integrating the 2 tracks is all me. The backing-track has no guitar in it...Just bass, drums, and synth.

Slapping_Rabbits

First Name
Nirzwan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks man! I wish I could say it was all mine, but that backing-track I used was something someone posted online almost 2 years ago. The rhythm guitar part, and integrating the 2 tracks is all me. The backing-track has no guitar in it...Just bass, drums, and synth.
That is really impressive. I have been trying to learn the guitar on and off for a couple years now and I just can't seem to be consistent and spend the time. My hope is when my boy gets a little bit older I'll sign him up for lessons and just sign myself up as well. Please post more! I need some inspiration.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
That is really impressive. I have been trying to learn the guitar on and off for a couple years now and I just can't seem to be consistent and spend the time. My hope is when my boy gets a little bit older I'll sign him up for lessons and just sign myself up as well. Please post more! I need some inspiration.
Keep at it, and you'll get where you want to be sooner than you think. You have to push through the tough days. And sometimes, if you're having a true "off-day" and your fingers won't even work right, and your timing is all off, don't force yourself to play. Put it down, pick it back up tomorrow and start fresh. It took me nearly 20 years to figure that out. When I was a kid, I would get so pissed off I would put it down for months, or years, and not even play, and it screwed my playing up BAD! I forgot more than I'll ever relearn.

You can search all over my channel and find guitar stuff. Nothing with any backing-tracks other than that 1 video I posted yesterday, because free professional-quality backing tracks are hard to find.

Also, I do a lot of pickup, gear, and guitar comparison stuff, so you might give those a listen to see if anything I have tested might strike your ears as the tone you're searching for, or if you ever decide you want to upgrade guitars or pickups or amps... Because I have discovered, that if you don't truly LOVE the sound of your guitar, or amp, you won't be inspired to play it. I had several guitars that I HATED the way they sounded, because they sounded thin, or twangy, and not heavy enough, or sharp enough, and just by learning how to solder and how to change my own pickups, and do all my own guitar work, I was able to find "my tone", and what makes me enjoy hearing my guitars.

Here's one you might like... It's a diversification of different bands and songs... It's just guitar (no backing tracks), and it's not my best recording (before I got everything dialed-in like I have it now), but it's some easy songs to learn to play. They are all in Drop-C tuning (C-G-C-F-A-D).

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Here's an original that I wrote for my girl... Because she saved my life, by saving me from myself and the [almost] deadly self-destructive path I was headed down for over a decade before I met her...

It's still a work in progress...

Slapping_Rabbits

First Name
Nirzwan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Here's an original that I wrote for my girl... Because she saved my life, by saving me from myself and the [almost] deadly self-destructive path I was headed down for over a decade before I met her...

It's still a work in progress...

First that is a nice story. Second that is a sweet guitar and pretty great collection you have there. What type do you enjoy most?

Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
First that is a nice story. Second that is a sweet guitar and pretty great collection you have there. What type do you enjoy most?
Thanks. My favorite, is one you did not see in that video. I got them after those pictures were taken.

My favorite would be my 2003 Fender Esquire Celtic Telecasters (I hav 2 of them). They only made them 1 year (2003). They were a huge flop at the time, and stores couldn't give them away. But they have since become a cult collectable. They're very rare today, and even harder to find for sale. I managed to find 2 of them in about a 6 month span, for good prices, and glad I did, I haven't seen but a 1 or 2 for sale since...And they were in horrible condition, and grossly overpriced.

Here they are sitting in front of my Blackstar half-stack.

The one on the left, I converted to an active Seymour Duncan Blackout AHB-1B. And the one on the right, I swapped in a (passive) Seymour Duncan Invader Bridge humbucker. I will probably end up converting it to an active Blackout just like the other one, like the other one. I have found the sound I like, and those Blackout pickups are the best I've found for reproducing that sound.

Jeep Gladiator Toy/Hobby Pictures IMG_9971

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Well... Now that I'm back from my forum-mandated [involuntary] week vacation, let's get this carnival on the road again...

New video comparing an Epiphone 57 CH bridge humbucker to a real Gibson USA '57 Classic Plus humbucker. While similar in construction, they are not being tested in the same guitar this time, so slight tone difference, but the rest of the difference is from the pickups themselves.

Apparently when recording there was some static interference that caused the audio to sound kind of....Wel....Shitty (IMO). I think I've figured it out, so next video it should be better audio.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
New toy...

Jeep Gladiator Toy/Hobby Pictures IMG_3356
Jeep Gladiator Toy/Hobby Pictures IMG_3357
Jeep Gladiator Toy/Hobby Pictures IMG_3344
Jeep Gladiator Toy/Hobby Pictures IMG_3346
Sponsored