SmartCap

SmartCap

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.smartcap.com
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator, Tacoma, Tundra, F Series, Silverado...
OP
OP
SmartCap

SmartCap

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.smartcap.com
Vehicle(s)
Yeah I think the tray option is for later in 2021, the don't even have the cap available until October I think.
The SmartTrays should be available in North America in early 2021.

OP
OP
SmartCap

SmartCap

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.smartcap.com
Vehicle(s)
I must have missed that going thru all the 6 pages of posts here. Thanks for the info, I think the "C" is more suited to overlanding/off roading. Hope the wait isn't that long as the only changes is changing over the gull wing and rear door.
The EVOc is actually our commercial version but would work awesome for off-road situations as well. The Gullwing doors are double-walled stainless steel, so they are built to withstand the abuse that can come from cargo shifting in transit.

Jaxmax

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps....... 2021 Mojave , 2019 Wrangler
Occupation
Electrical Manager
1.) Talking about the front sliding window that is against the rear gladiator window is your window tinted? I'm ordering a Gladiator Mojave later this week and will be talking about a way to get a base Sport model hardtop with untinted window from dealer and if yours is untinted also , night time viewing should not be too bad.
2.) Is it possible to get side windows that do not have the vent window in them, just one large piece of glass, figure I won't be using them, and better view out passenger side rear for passing.
Rick did call me and give me his cell, answer here might be good. I will want to get an order in as soon as I order the Mojave......Jack

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
SmartCap

SmartCap

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.smartcap.com
Vehicle(s)
1.) Talking about the front sliding window that is against the rear gladiator window is your window tinted? I'm ordering a Gladiator Mojave later this week and will be talking about a way to get a base Sport model hardtop with untinted window from dealer and if yours is untinted also , night time viewing should not be too bad.
2.) Is it possible to get side windows that do not have the vent window in them, just one large piece of glass, figure I won't be using them, and better view out passenger side rear for passing.
Rick did call me and give me his cell, answer here might be good. I will want to get an order in as soon as I order the Mojave......Jack
Thank you so much for your inquiry. The front slider window is not tinted so you should be good to go. Unfortunately, the Gullwing doors come standard with our vent windows. We do not have an option that does not include them.

Jaxmax

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps....... 2021 Mojave , 2019 Wrangler
Occupation
Electrical Manager
Thanks! Talked to Rick today about top and how to order and when to expect, placed order for a Mojave today and will place Smart cap preorder shortly, jeep is between 8-12 weeks out,.......Jack

OP
OP
SmartCap

SmartCap

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.smartcap.com
Vehicle(s)
Any new development photos you can post on the smart tray with smart cap XL on the gladiator?
No new development shots we can share as of yet.

bhadfield

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
The Evo looks like the perfect solution for what I'm looking for, excited to see these in the U.S.

@RSI North America Inc I have a couple of questions that I hope will be beneficial to others as well:

1. Does the October date for delivery to the U.S. still look likely?
2. What is the best way to pre-order? I filled out the form on the web site, is there anything else that I need to do to get in-line for delivery?

Thanks!

OP
OP
SmartCap

SmartCap

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.smartcap.com
Vehicle(s)
The Evo looks like the perfect solution for what I'm looking for, excited to see these in the U.S.

@RSI North America Inc I have a couple of questions that I hope will be beneficial to others as well:

1. Does the October date for delivery to the U.S. still look likely?
2. What is the best way to pre-order? I filled out the form on the web site, is there anything else that I need to do to get in-line for delivery?

Thanks!
Thank you for your inquiry and your pre-order! Everything is still on track for delivering the SmartCap EVO Gladiator edition in October. If you are located in Seattle, you should be hearing from Rick who handles the Northern US. They typically will reach out within 1 to 2 business days.

Sponsored

OP
OP
SmartCap

SmartCap

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.smartcap.com
Vehicle(s)
Thank you for your inquiry and your pre-order! Everything is still on track for delivering the SmartCap EVO Gladiator edition in October. If you are located in Seattle, you should be hearing from our teammate Rick, who handles the Northern US region. He typically will reach out within 1 to 2 business days. Very excited to see your build!

MudderTruker

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Hilux SR5 and Jeep Renegade ... name is on the list for a Gladiator!
Occupation
Computer dude
US guys are sooo lucky ... I cant even get hold of the local Aussie dealer!

OP
OP
SmartCap

SmartCap

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.smartcap.com
Vehicle(s)
US guys are sooo lucky ... I cant even get hold of the local Aussie dealer!
Thank you for your post. We have notified our distributor in Australia about the difficulty you are having getting a hold of the dealer. Please let us know if you do not hear anything back in the next day or two. Also, if you prefer you can contact us at [email protected] and we can forward a message directly to them.

beelzebot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2009 Mini Cooper S Convertible
@RSI North America Inc Quick question before I get a pre-order going. Are pre-orders just for the black finish or can we pre-order in OEM colors to match the vehicle? I saw mention of a custom color program being stood up late this year or early next so I wanted to make sure I can get it in Bright White before I send a deposit to the local dealer who has been in contact.

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
@RSI North America Inc Quick question before I get a pre-order going. Are pre-orders just for the black finish or can we pre-order in OEM colors to match the vehicle? I saw mention of a custom color program being stood up late this year or early next so I wanted to make sure I can get it in Bright White before I send a deposit to the local dealer who has been in contact.
I did a pre-order for a Smart Cap. It was just a $100 deposit saying I want one, and it is supposed to include free shipping to my house. The dealer is supposed to make contact when they become available and place the actual order for it and any options.
Sponsored