Sponsored

Seeing red in SoCal! Watch G.G. (Gladys the Gladiator) transform!

OP
OP
avlamonte

avlamonte

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired
I was under the impression that the safety chain loops needed to be on a permanent mounted part of the hitch, not an extension. In case of a failure in the connection between the receiver and extension? Chances of that failure are probably very minimal, but I could be wrong about the requirement.

I love the fact that there is nothing hanging below the bumper and the filler-skid plate helps prevent your bumper edge from being snagged. :like:
I hear you about the safety chains. And knowing that the extension is solid 2” steel. I am not too concerned about a failure. Good thinking though and probably safer that way.

Thanks, that filler skid was a last minute thought while I was talking to the hitch dude. Really glad I thought of it!
Sponsored

OP
OP
avlamonte

avlamonte

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired
Update for today. Received the Air Up Down system yesterday and installed it today. Overall very happy with the product. Instructions left some to be desired as they were challenging to follow. Now that it is set up I am quite happy. The whip lines that go to each tire have valves that can be a little touchy to set up without leaks, but not impossible to do...I am sure I’ll get used to it. Even though this kit is for a JT, they didn’t fix the instructions so that you knew what air lines to look up to what and I had to cut an included long one to size.

For those who are unfamiliar with this system, it allows you to connect all 4 tires to a single airline on the rig and air them all up or down at the same time. Great concept

Here are some pics to keep y’all entertained:

Jeep Gladiator Seeing red in SoCal! Watch G.G. (Gladys the Gladiator) transform! 9D82F8BF-7257-4A14-AB8C-C42C9EA2C9A5

Jeep Gladiator Seeing red in SoCal! Watch G.G. (Gladys the Gladiator) transform! 718E0D91-066C-41BE-A79A-059BFD22938F

Jeep Gladiator Seeing red in SoCal! Watch G.G. (Gladys the Gladiator) transform! FB781B2F-88E1-47E2-9E4D-01E32B6ABCFA

Jeep Gladiator Seeing red in SoCal! Watch G.G. (Gladys the Gladiator) transform! 92DF0B6B-8264-4BC1-AFEA-8113784CD38C

Jeep Gladiator Seeing red in SoCal! Watch G.G. (Gladys the Gladiator) transform! 29454C0E-6648-472B-815F-8A3480178334

Jeep Gladiator Seeing red in SoCal! Watch G.G. (Gladys the Gladiator) transform! D4FBA167-1D3C-4306-895B-99F1DF45737E

Jeep Gladiator Seeing red in SoCal! Watch G.G. (Gladys the Gladiator) transform! F7887973-939C-4819-9741-03CDA26BD2F2

Jeep Gladiator Seeing red in SoCal! Watch G.G. (Gladys the Gladiator) transform! 6610C4A6-63CF-4635-AD80-AE60C6941414

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S w/ Max Tow
Vehicle Showcase
Hey thanks to that AutoTrader ting I just saw your thread here.. I am guessing the hitch thing in the bumper keeps you from putting the spare where it belongs? I almost bought the JCR bumper when I saw them doing this until I read the tire size limitations.

OP
OP
avlamonte

avlamonte

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired
Hey thanks to that AutoTrader ting I just saw your thread here.. I am guessing the hitch thing in the bumper keeps you from putting the spare where it belongs? I almost bought the JCR bumper when I saw them doing this until I read the tire size limitations.
Yeah, but in my opinion, that spot for the tire leaves it very vulnerable! Of course I know how crazy I am and it wouldn’t be long before my spare was worthless.

General update: So JCR shipped my rock rails after about a 7 week wait. That was on the 22nd of August. Then FedEx got it to about 7 miles from my house...THEN it left the warehouse and has never been updated since. That was over a week ago. UGH! I called JCR and they weren’t surprised. I received one of the rails, but the other, along with all of the hardware is MIA! How do you lose an 8’ long 125 pound box? So I have other parts that are waiting on the install of the rails, which have built in lights. Don’t want to have to work around the skid plate system to wire them. Domino effect in action.

ANYWAY, I’ll keep y’all posted...

jwalt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(2021 Gladiator Diesel Rubicon) (2020 Gladiator Overland) (2004 TJ, 2" lift).
Great build, great ideas too, but your garage is much too clean. I think I need that air up down system.

Sponsored

TheSolarWizard

First Name
Memphis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.0 JT
Occupation
Solar & EV infrastructure
Do you have any pictures of the twilights with without the brakes applied at night and perhaps in reverse?

OP
OP
avlamonte

avlamonte

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired
I know this isn't much of a mod...but I am very excited about it. California Car Covers custom made a cover for my rig. Obviously it needed a little more material. Was't quick. It took about 5 weeks, but i am very happy with the result. I didn't want to take my doors and top off without some coverage when it is sitting in the driveway.

Jeep Gladiator Seeing red in SoCal! Watch G.G. (Gladys the Gladiator) transform! IMG_3381.JPG

Jeep Gladiator Seeing red in SoCal! Watch G.G. (Gladys the Gladiator) transform! IMG_3380.JPG

Believe it or not, still waiting for my rock rails. One of them was lost by FedEx and JCR is hopefully in the process of making me a replacement. I hope I don't have to wait another 7 weeks for it to ship. Anyway, I'll keep you posted. Currently in escrow to move to the Lake Arrowhead area...closer to trails! THAT'S what I'm talking about... :LOL:

OP
OP
avlamonte

avlamonte

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired
Do you have any pictures of the twilights with without the brakes applied at night and perhaps in reverse?
Sorry TheSolarWizard...I haven't been on much lately and have been busy packing, etc. I will try to get some pics up soon...

TheSolarWizard

First Name
Memphis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.0 JT
Occupation
Sorry TheSolarWizard...I haven't been on much lately and have been busy packing, etc. I will try to get some pics up soon...
TYVM. I really light the lights but I’ll probably paint the black frame to match the Jeep

Sponsored

JTzntz

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator | 1993 Corrado SLC | 1992 GTI 16v
...move to the Lake Arrowhead area...closer to trails! THAT'S what I'm talking about... :LOL:
Congrats! Now you get to setup your workshop even better this time!? (though it was awesome the way it was)

TheSolarWizard

First Name
Memphis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.0 JT
Occupation
I know this isn't much of a mod...but I am very excited about it. California Car Covers custom made a cover for my rig. Obviously it needed a little more material. Was't quick. It took about 5 weeks, but i am very happy with the result. I didn't want to take my doors and top off without some coverage when it is sitting in the driveway.

IMG_3381.JPG

IMG_3380.JPG

Believe it or not, still waiting for my rock rails. One of them was lost by FedEx and JCR is hopefully in the process of making me a replacement. I hope I don't have to wait another 7 weeks for it to ship. Anyway, I'll keep you posted. Currently in escrow to move to the Lake Arrowhead area...closer to trails! THAT'S what I'm talking about... :LOL:
I used to own a condo in lake arrowhead now I’ve got a place in fawnskin across the lake from big bear

Gladiatrix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
Occupation
TV/Film Sound Utility Technician
A few small updates today. Left foot rest...
Jeep Gladiator Seeing red in SoCal! Watch G.G. (Gladys the Gladiator) transform! IMG_3380.JPG

probably one of my favorite mods so far! At least for comfort anyway.

installed some bags I found from my previous Jeep...

oh...and I actually used it as a truck today...20 bags of mulch!

we went out to breakfast to celebrate!
Where did you get this dead pedal?? I can't find it anywhere!

OP
OP
avlamonte

avlamonte

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired
I asked him the same thing! Here’s the link:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/352683562738
Thanks JTzntz!
So finally an update. My JCR Offroad rock rails were ordered at the beginning of June, shipped beginning of August, one of them was lost in August by FedEx 10 minutes from my house, a new set was made and shipped/received at the end of September. I have been busy moving to the mountains, so didn’t have time until today to work on it. So, without further ado...here it is...I am stoked except for the fact that they sent enough hardware for a JL, not a Gladiator! Here it is partway...
Jeep Gladiator Seeing red in SoCal! Watch G.G. (Gladys the Gladiator) transform! 8E1935A7-47B5-4301-B297-6248CA09B751

and completed...
Jeep Gladiator Seeing red in SoCal! Watch G.G. (Gladys the Gladiator) transform! B0FCA173-BEA0-4E81-A30E-13A1763D72F2

Just one more to go once I get all of the hardware. The poor thing may be listing until I have both sides installed.
Sponsored