Sponsored

DirkG

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Sport S
It's legit - had a friend confirm it's from a dealer bulletin.
I think that's the question: my guess it's a dealer installed "package" and not an FCA / Stellantis package.

For the most part any of us could create these versions with online resources (black grill, Willys graphics, etc.). With an official 80th anniversary Wrangler becoming available, the dealer could order 80th graphics for a Gladiator.
Sponsored

Clendennan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator 2020
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired
meh. I think the allure of not modifying it to keep it stock would make me have buyers remorse, the first thing i wanted to do to mine was start changing things

Uparms

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JT, 2020 JT, 72 CJ5,2005 LJ, 2002 TJ, 92 YJ
Vehicle Showcase

Uparms

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JT, 2020 JT, 72 CJ5,2005 LJ, 2002 TJ, 92 YJ
Vehicle Showcase
When you think about it. We all own part of the Willys heritage. That's why the heck we drive what we do. Build em and decal them anyway you want. Make it yours and pay a tribute to 2020 or 1941. No one else gets to do it except Wranglers and Gladiators. Screw fake branding. Now if you throw a Rubicon or Mojave decal on, it might be a different story. Also, when you go to sell, if ever, you just don't list it as a Willy's Special Edition and you spell that out in the add. When you try to intentionally pass it off at a show, crawl or sale as a Special Edition, that's when you deserve the "Fake Branding" beating. Until then, do it!

Sponsored

Erievon

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JTR., 2021 JLU Altitude
Occupation
International Banker
When you think about it. We all own part of the Willys heritage. That's why the heck we drive what we do. Build em and decal them anyway you want. Make it yours and pay a tribute to 2020 or 1941. No one else gets to do it except Wranglers and Gladiators. Screw fake branding. Now if you throw a Rubicon or Mojave decal on, it might be a different story. Also, when you go to sell, if ever, you just don't list it as a Willy's Special Edition and you spell that out in the add. When you try to intentionally pass it off at a show, crawl or sale as a Special Edition, that's when you deserve the "Fake Branding" beating. Until then, do it!
I agree with this, as long as you're not up-badging (like Mojave decals on a sport, biiiiggg no no). I have an Overland North, I'm seriously considering putting the old school Arctic badges on it with the Yeti...that's where the north edition's heritage is, like a throw-back.

anavrinIV

First Name
Chaz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mazdaspeed3, 1956 F100
Occupation
Engineer
Having body color fenders on the Willys seems off...isn't the whole ethos of the Willys edition to give best offroading at the lowest price? Black fenders seem more appropriate

DreamedofaJeepSomeday

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland 6-speed. 2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4x4, gave to daughter w/350K miles
Occupation
Civil Engineer
Do it and don't give a darn!
I agree with this, as long as you're not up-badging (like Mojave decals on a sport, biiiiggg no no). I have an Overland North, I'm seriously considering putting the old school Arctic badges on it with the Yeti...that's where the north edition's heritage is, like a throw-back.
Thanks to all for the encouragement. My thought was a throw-back to the Willys Overland Company, the whole name for the original company that made Jeeps.

Jeep Gladiator New Willys package and 80th Anniversary Edition Gladiator 1596140802610

DirkG

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Sport S
^ That is a sweet badge.

Cards on the table, this is my first Jeep and I didn't know the heritage behind the "Overland" name. Knowing the heritage a few months back, I probably would have opted for an Overland Gladiator...although zero regrets with my Sport S (plus good luck finding a Gator Overland in SoCal).

It would also be cool to utilize the original "WO" logo as well...

Jeep Gladiator New Willys package and 80th Anniversary Edition Gladiator {filename}

Sponsored

famous

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Architect
In for the Willy Version :like: Diesel. Can you get leather seats though or is that a no go in Willys? For that matter can you even get a Diesel option? hmmm

Last edited:

Mopar King

First Name
Skyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2020 JLU, 2022 JLU 392
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
CFO - Logistics Company
I'm still leaning towards fake news on this, I called out the OP on Facebook too. The willys wrangler doesn't have the body color trim piece around the black grille center portion, but the gladiator does? No reason for jeep to do them differently. But who knows, maybe it's a mistake from the marketing group
No sir, this has been confrimed by FCA.

DirkG

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Sport S
No sir, this has been confrimed by FCA.
FCA has confirmed the 80th Anniversary Wrangler and Willys Wrangler will return for 2021 (I provided links in pervious responses above), but nothing on the JT.

IMO, this is a dealer ad and not FCA sanctioned JT editions. If you have other links/info, please share...

Mopar King

First Name
Skyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2020 JLU, 2022 JLU 392
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
CFO - Logistics Company
FCA has confirmed the 80th Anniversary Wrangler and Willys Wrangler will return for 2021 (I provided links in pervious responses above), but nothing on the JT.

IMO, this is a dealer ad and not FCA sanctioned JT editions. If you have other links/info, please share...
No link, confirmed with my dealer that these trim levels will be offered very soon. From what they were told it sounds like a late August early September update to order options.
Sponsored