Sponsored

Hellcat Hemi Swap SEMA Gladiator on Craigslist

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S, 2001 Audi TT Roadster, 1930 Model A Hot Rod, 1973 VW Square Back
Occupation
Education
Yup. We have all seen SEMA Frankenstein builds. Stuff rushed and should never even be driven off the trailer.

Makes one wonder - a lot can do adapting of mechanical or physical things, but how well did they do other merges and changes?
Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Yup. We have all seen SEMA Frankenstein builds. Stuff rushed and should never even be driven off the trailer.
That's why I don't get excited about SEMA builds like some folks do. Only if I know it was built right by a really well-known professional company, like the bobbed one on here, or from Fab Fours, or someone like that.

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S, 2001 Audi TT Roadster, 1930 Model A Hot Rod, 1973 VW Square Back
Occupation
Education
Well if you know your crap, you know what to look for and what companies are good.

That's why I don't get excited about SEMA builds like some folks do. Only if I know it was built right by a really well-known professional company, like the bobbed one on here, or from Fab Fours, or someone like that.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
You will see a lot of 4.0 swaps into Eagles or some other AMCs, but you won't often, if at all, see one so completely merged in like I did- PDC, PCM, merged a lot of the original wiring into the Jeep harness I harvested. My check engine light works, AC and other items work through the PCM and PDC, I merged a lot of the original car into the donor Jeep's wiring and electronics. I had to make a map while I was doing it so I'd have references for the future since there's no wiring diagrams that fit it now.

I have to suspect they adapted to get the engine in and mated up but got lost in some of the electrics.

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Education
Maybe a Hellcat Eagle is in the cards for you?

You will see a lot of 4.0 swaps into Eagles or some other AMCs, but you won't often, if at all, see one so completely merged in like I did- PDC, PCM, merged a lot of the original wiring into the Jeep harness I harvested. My check engine light works, AC and other items work through the PCM and PDC, I merged a lot of the original car into the donor Jeep's wiring and electronics. I had to make a map while I was doing it so I'd have references for the future since there's no wiring diagrams that fit it now.

I have to suspect they adapted to get the engine in and mated up but got lost in some of the electrics.

Sponsored

Spcbl1

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting-Gray Mojave, 1997 Chevrolet Camaro Z28
Occupation
IT Director
It doesn't even show fuel mileage... Wonder if something is wrong with the ECM...
On the last picture it looks like "9.3". They probably reset it for the close up picture.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
On the last picture it looks like "9.3". They probably reset it for the close up picture.
That's worse than mine... I could build my Rubicon with a 6.4 Hemi and D60's, and it would get better MPG's, and be WAY more badass than that thing... For about $50,000 LESS than they want for that one...

Jolgrey3343

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
QA Manager

Sponsored

DirkG

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Sport S
Looks like a non-rubicon model, so likely open differentials. Its probably very good a one-wheel burnouts
You go to all of the trouble of putting the grille, bulged hood, huge wheels / tires, winch, interior, bed rack, suspension, and drop a freakin' Hellcat Hemi in there, but you leave the non-LED tail lights and leave the "Sport" badge on there. :facepalm:

Troybilt

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
troynemitz.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Parks Operations
You go to all of the trouble of putting the grille, bulged hood, huge wheels / tires, winch, interior, bed rack, suspension, and drop a freakin' Hellcat Hemi in there, but you leave the non-LED tail lights and leave the "Sport" badge on there. :facepalm:
I think that was a brilliant move on there part. Got to let the sucker that buys this have the opportunity to mod it out himself :CWL:

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I think that was a brilliant move on there part. Got to let the sucker that buys this have the opportunity to mod it out himself :CWL:
Wow, that took them some thinking, I bet. Hey, let the next sucker buy new tail lights - if they can afford it...........
Sponsored